Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Critique me, Ladies and Gents!

Hey Guys,

Been lifting conservatively for just over a year now with free weights (Gained ~10 lbs). I attached a few recent relaxed pictures, as well as a better one of my legs. I was going to cut down for this challenge, seen in pictures, but decided to focus on my overall major goal of attaining more mass. I don't want to be a rake anymore, aka skinny. I know the pictures are less than suitable for this purpose.

Please make comments on my overall composition. Where can I improve (specifically, still continuing to bulk)? What's flawed with my posture? What are your suggestions?

Where would you place my body type? I have pondered this for forever.. I personally think Meso-Ecto

Thanks BB community members!
    Attached Images

Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gett1nSw0le is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Haayyeess View Post
    Hey Guys,

Been lifting conservatively for just over a year now with free weights (Gained ~10 lbs). I attached a few recent relaxed pictures, as well as a better one of my legs. I was going to cut down for this challenge, seen in pictures, but decided to focus on my overall major goal of attaining more mass. I don't want to be a rake anymore, aka skinny. I know the pictures are less than suitable for this purpose.

Please make comments on my overall composition. Where can I improve (specifically, still continuing to bulk)? What's flawed with my posture? What are your suggestions?

Where would you place my body type? I have pondered this for forever.. I personally think Meso-Ecto

Thanks BB community members!
    Train heavy, eat enough do all 3 compound lifts + overhead press. All of those will build a solid core and get you big.

Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haayyeess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gett1nSw0le View Post
    Train heavy, eat enough do all 3 compound lifts + overhead press. All of those will build a solid core and get you big.
    Continuing to do so for sure.

Can anyone else provide further input?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need more mass before asking for a critique, there isn't anything we can say really as I can't even tell you lift yet (not trying to negate your hard work, you just need to keep putting it in and stay consistent)

As for your posture, you might have some scapular protraction. Truth is even if you do, it isn't noticeable enough to be sure.

Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carlifter1245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look fairly solid, but I agree you need to gain more muscle in order to define what is best to do. Really eating enough quality food to fuel muscle growth. You just might not be eating enough and hence not growing. Not seeing a before makes it hard to judge. You have the body to build more muscle for sure. Good luck.

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    You need more mass before asking for a critique, there isn't anything we can say really as I can't even tell you lift yet (not trying to negate your hard work, you just need to keep putting it in and stay consistent)

As for your posture, you might have some scapular protraction. Truth is even if you do, it isn't noticeable enough to be sure.
    Thanks for your advice!

Originally Posted by Carlifter1245 View Post
    You look fairly solid, but I agree you need to gain more muscle in order to define what is best to do. Really eating enough quality food to fuel muscle growth. You just might not be eating enough and hence not growing. Not seeing a before makes it hard to judge. You have the body to build more muscle for sure. Good luck.
    I do eat a lot for my size and weight. I've calculated my TEE to be 2900 calories (Physical job), and I consume between 3200-3500 on a daily basis. I've been tracking consumption for awhile now, just waiting for my metabolism to stop adapting against me. For example, yesterday I consumed approx. 225g protein, 415 carbs, and 101 fats. As another FYI on a daily basis I aim for 450g Carb, 180g Protein, and 100g fat.

Thanks for the positive words, thanks for the advice.

Slachei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You say you have a physical job. Keep in mind this will definitely affect your ability to gain weight and most importantly in our case: muscle mass (I guess from your text that's your goal at this point). I'm around 6'0 ft and 185 pounds, I usually train 6 times per week quite intensely (strenth training, martial arts) and you eat more than I do. I don't know exaclty how active physically your daily life is, but judging from these kcal numbers I'm guessing that can't be the only factor here and that your metabolism might play a role as well. So in that respect I guess you would be an 'ecto' yes.

Usually, if someone wants to gain more weight, I'd just tell them to eat more. But I don't know if that's feasible/doable in your case. You're already eating a lot. What does your workout routine look like? How many times per week do you train? What type of split? You say you've been working out conservatively. Not sure what that entails, but if you want to add muscle mass, maybe upping the frequency/intensity will help you there. Remember the basics: focus on compound movements, good form, use moderate weight, train consistently, and you'll progress. Let us know what your current routine looks like and we'll let you know if you can improve it!

Also, since you asked (pretty much nitpicking here): it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you might have a very slight anterior pelvic tilt. Most people in the Western world have this to some degree due to our sedentary lifestyle. This would explain why your tummy is sticking out like that, despite having a relatively low fat percentage. Don't worry, it's nothing serious. It's barely noticable and I might even be wrong. Like I said, it's hard to tell from the side pic. You can find a lot of info by googling 'anterior pelvic tilt'. You'll also be relieved once you see how minimal it is in your case.