kieco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need to find the perfect workout plan

Hi,

Just a bit about myself:
    I'm 39 years old, 6'2" and 152 lbs.
    I am a hard gainer and my body loves to stay at the current weight.
    I have been up to 160 lbs recently but stopped working out because of health issues and dropped back to my old weight.

Because of my busy life (kids, job, commitments), i have a hard time getting the time i need in the gym.
    I basically have 30-45 mins max in the gym, including a 5 min row warm-up.

All the workout plans on here are for 1hr+ so i can never finish them completely.

Does anyone know of a good workout plan that would be around 30-45 mins and that would target chest, back, shoulders, arms and legs in 4 days per week?
    I'm hoping i can do heavier weights + shorter reps so i can save some time, but i'm not an expert and not sure if that is the best solution since i am trying to gain some weight.

Let me know,
    Thanks in advance!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kieco View Post
    Hi,

Just a bit about myself:
    I'm 39 years old, 6'2" and 152 lbs.
    I am a hard gainer and my body loves to stay at the current weight.
    I have been up to 160 lbs recently but stopped working out because of health issues and dropped back to my old weight.

Because of my busy life (kids, job, commitments), i have a hard time getting the time i need in the gym.
    I basically have 30-45 mins max in the gym, including a 5 min row warm-up.

All the workout plans on here are for 1hr+ so i can never finish them completely.

Does anyone know of a good workout plan that would be around 30-45 mins and that would target chest, back, shoulders, arms and legs in 4 days per week?
    I'm hoping i can do heavier weights + shorter reps so i can save some time, but i'm not an expert and not sure if that is the best solution since i am trying to gain some weight.

Let me know,
    Thanks in advance!
    The following is a 30 minutes (every other day too) workout plan

Day 1

Bench Press/ Lat pulldowns - back and forth for 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Incline bench press/ seatedrows- back and forth for 3 sets 6-10 reps

That will take about ten minutes- you can do a 4th set each if you wish.

Shoulder press- 3 sets 6-10reps
    upright rows 3 sets of 6-10 reps

That's another ten-twelve minutes....you can do a 4th set if you like.

situps.

Take a day of to rest, perfect for a hard gainer... rest, eat and grow...

Day 2

Squats 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Leg Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Leg curls 3 sets 8-12 reps

That will take 20 minutes

You have 10 minutes left to blast your biceps and triceps in superset fashion...

barbell curls/pushdowns 3 sets each
    dumbbell curls/triceps extensions 3 sets each

then take another day off.

You get three full days to recover before you hit the same muscle group again. Arm volume is low, can recover quickly and gets some frequency by heavy pushes/pulls on your upper body day.

If you add a third exercise (3 sets) for chest (Flyes) and back (narrow grip pulldowns) -thatll add another 5-6 minutes to that workout. Add a third shoulder exercise (side lateral raises) for three sets...now you have your 45 minute workout.

ON leg day, you could add leg extensions 3-4 sets and if you want some calf work you could add that too....and youd be up to about 45 minutes to an hour.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Frankly I wold look at "All Pro's simple beginner routine". Three days a week and less than an hour per workout. This and a lot of calories should work for you.

If it must be four days, I would look at 5,3,1 some templates can be run in well under and hour per workout. Though at your experience level this program would be less weekly volume per muscle group than you could handle.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17