Redgistered User dwightaroundya's Avatar
    dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Talking Srs. Can someone convince me change my routine from a hypertrophy to a strength?

Not to mention I play sports but I've gotten great results with all pros even though my lifts are shyt. Having lost 100lbs, unfortunately, my goal is to become very slim with muscles and I'm about 75% towards that goal.

I'm very afraid to become skinny fat again and feel like hypertrophy programs bail me out from getting fat. I hear stories of guys become fat doing SS or Stronglifts.

I've just got serious about my diet. 6'5 195lbs. Fat 252g protein 187g and carbs 0g. I do keto go overboard on the weekend (see...I'm insane).

All from animal sources.

If I had to choose strength over hypertrophy, it would because of basketball. Btw I'm cutting forever.
    Hi.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think what you want is yoga.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Respect the Srs
    Hi.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    switching from hypertrophy to strength, you will lose muscles but you will be stronger and feel lighter in small body.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    type of training you do has nothing to do with weight gain. thats all about caloric intake. if you do a low volume routine and then eat like a pig of course you get phat as phuck

Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by usertag View Post
    switching from hypertrophy to strength, you will lose muscles but you will be stronger and feel lighter in small body.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Jisoku View Post
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    no, i know what i talking. because i tried both hypertrophy and strength. 2 years ago, i used hypertrophy. look way bigger than i use strength training now after off for a year.

hypertrophy PR
    squat 95kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 70kg

strength PR (current)
    squat 100kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 67.5kg

almost same PR but my body when use hypertrophy was 1.5x bigger at 10% body fat. now same 10% body fat.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hypertrophy routines fall into the intermediate/advanced category, by then a lot of people already have a decent base for a body, they just want to get bigger. Also hypertrophy routines tend to attract people who are going for that lean, cut but big look.

Its a bit unfair to compare hypertrophy routines to people who do Stronglifts/SS b/c first of all muscle building and weight gain is due to diet and secondly SL and SS are beginner programs and are therefore done by beginners. Most beginners don't have a solid base of muscle so they are encouraged to get a little bit fat to build that solid muscle base to later cut into. And people who get really fat are just simply consuming way too much calories. If you are skinny to begin with though it is unlikely that you will get fat unless you just go balls to the wall with bulking.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Ok. I'm not saying I've gain mass besides noob gains from 8 months ago, but I'm at 13% bf and maintain lean muscle. But if I switch to SS or SL, will I still look the same (lean) as I do now, in addition, to GAINING whatever strength whilst cutting? Or will my current body become more flabby while gaining strength?
    Hi.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    no, i know what i talking. because i tried both hypertrophy and strength. 2 years ago, i used hypertrophy. look way bigger than i use strength training now after off for a year.

hypertrophy PR
    squat 95kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 70kg

strength PR (current)
    squat 100kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 67.5kg

almost same PR but my body when use hypertrophy was 1.5x bigger at 10% body fat. now same 10% body fat.
    You looked bigger when training hypertrophy??? No way!?
    Eat the damn yolk.

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    6'5 and 195 lbs? Do you even have any muscle to loose?

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    You looked bigger when training hypertrophy??? No way!?
    you can tell your 2 friends who first time to gym. 1 use 4x10 and other 1 use 3x5. both routine same. and explain everything to them how to gain muscle properly. then you will know after 3-6 months. the PR of guy using 3x5 will be higher but confirm smaller body than 4x10.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    strength training *is* hypertrophy training and hypertrophy training *is* strength training

simply different rep ranges.

A wise man includes all of it in his routine.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

hypertrophy PR
    squat 95kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 70kg

strength PR (current)
    squat 100kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 67.5kg

You had an off year in beetween and your PRs are basically the same. This guy wouldn't have to rebuild his strength/physique, he could stay on the same level and keep improving. Unlikely he will lose his mass, when he is still working out.
    Last edited by I3igAl; 07-04-2015 at 04:55 AM.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "my goal is to become very slim"

you understand what hypertrophy means?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep, training for strength will never give you a good physique. Just look at these unimpressive slobs.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

hypertrophy PR
    squat 95kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 70kg

strength PR (current)
    squat 100kg
    deadlift 100kg
    bench press 67.5kg

You aren't supposed to lose muscle and barely make any change to strength - you're doing it wrong.

A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle - barring about the last 15% which is neural conditioning.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    "my goal is to become very slim"

you understand what hypertrophy means?
    okay. It's very hard to get big. If it happens, it happens. I put weight lifting before sports, meaning that I will never drop the weight if I feel that I'm getting too exhausted.

Like I said. I used to be skinny fat and I don't want to lose my current 4 pack, cut triceps and chisel thighs by transitioning to strength training.

From what I've seen, it's hard to gain mass with strength training.
    Hi.

mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't make much progress at all unless I do work at all different rep ranges, straight sets at 10-12 reps some days, 4-6 reps other days, pyramids on other days... I'm focusing on strength and hypertrophy, and they seem to go hand-in-hand, at least for me... I think there are two main ways to change our body, either bulk, or cut. I'm bulking, that requires strength and hypertrophy, so I do it all, and it seems to work really well... If I focus on 4-6 reps for strength, every day, I start to fail a lot easier and my maxes will even go down. I have to build up to a heavy day, then go back to lighter weights and build back up to a heavy day again.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dwightaroundya View Post
    okay. It's very hard to get big. If it happens, it happens. I put weight lifting before sports, meaning that I will never drop the weight if I feel that I'm getting too exhausted.

Like I said. I used to be skinny fat and I don't want to lose my current 4 pack, cut triceps and chisel thighs by transitioning to strength training.

From what I've seen, it's hard to gain mass with strength training.
    Again, you AREN'T going to get fat on a strength training program, or for any training program for that matter unless you consume way too much calories. Working with higher rep ranges isn't going to magically chisel your body nor is working with lower rep ranges going to make you fat. Many programs blur the distinction between strength or hypertrophy because many programs also include both of these aspects in some sort of way. You can always add accessory exercises in addition to your compounds just to hit those smaller muscles and get that higher rep range work in
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Yep, training for strength will never give you a good physique. Just look at these unimpressive slobs.

[img]http://s10.postimg.org/i1am5toa1/i]

mirin natural examples lol
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You aren't supposed to lose muscle and barely make any change to strength - you're doing it wrong.

A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle - barring about the last 15% which is neural conditioning.

you really sure?

okay, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSp9AxOUWlg

see what you say. so stronger has bigger muscle?

i have seen alot of this similar cases including my few friends who are powerlifter, smaller body than bodybuilder. they beat bodybuilder in lifting stats.
    Last edited by usertag; 07-04-2015 at 06:48 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    you really sure?

okay, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSp9AxOUWlg

see what you say. so stronger has bigger muscle?

i have seen alot of this similar cases including my few friends who are powerlifter, smaller body than bodybuilder. they beat bodybuilder in lifting stats.
    Not really sure what you are talking about, all those guys had pretty big quads - which is where the power for the lift is generated.

Technique and specificity of training. I was talking about a single muscle not a complex lift. Read this (which has citations to peer reviewed literature):

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/...ionalmyth.html

There is no such thing as a muscle that is made bigger without being made stronger:

Usually strength athletes don't train muscles which aren't useful to them so of course those particular muscles don't get big. Also, they often have a higher BF than a bodybuilder or physique athlete which makes them look smaller in a picture.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Not really sure what you are talking about, all those guys had pretty big quads - which is where the power for the lift is generated.

Technique and specificity of training. I was talking about a single muscle not a complex lift. Read this (which has citations to peer reviewed literature):

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/...ionalmyth.html

There is no such thing as a muscle that is made bigger without being made stronger:

Usually strength athletes don't train muscles which aren't useful to them so of course those particular muscles don't get big. Also, they often have a higher BF than a bodybuilder or physique athlete which makes them look smaller in a picture.
    in video, the small and normal body guy pwned big bodybuilder in overhead press.

i think you mean stronger = bigger muscle is when they lift even higher like deadlift 300kg. of course they big.

but what i mean is 2 guys lift SAME or slightly higher weight like

Powerlifter squat 110kg x 3 x 5
    Bodybuilder squat 100kg x 4 x 12

not

Powerlifter squat 250kg x 3 x 5
    Bodybuilder squat 100kg x 4 x 12
    Last edited by usertag; 07-05-2015 at 12:47 AM.

in video, the small and normal body guy pwned big bodybuilder in overhead press.
    You can tell he is an oly lifter just by looking at him. Might not have big arms but then he doesn't need them. You really need to read replies properly or you'll learn nothing, like I already said he doesn't need big muscles in his arms for his sport.

And it's not an overhead press, it's a push jerk - power comes from LEGS (which are big).

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    you can tell your 2 friends who first time to gym. 1 use 4x10 and other 1 use 3x5. both routine same. and explain everything to them how to gain muscle properly. then you will know after 3-6 months. the PR of guy using 3x5 will be higher but confirm smaller body than 4x10.
    lol
    Eat the damn yolk.