rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone Use a Program to Increase Your Vertical Jump?

There are a few programs on the internet that claim to help you increase your vertical.

Anyone tried any of them?
    Show some love...

www.TheScienceofGettingRipped.com

dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50) dkathleticperf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rimam1 View Post
    There are a few programs on the internet that claim to help you increase your vertical.

Anyone tried any of them?
    Programs online sometimes will and sometimes won't work, but they are never the most efficient way of increasing any aspect of athleticism, let alone vertical.

How are these cookie cutter programs supposed to be effective for everyone? What if a powerlifter wanted to increase his vertical jump? What if an average guy who never lifted weights before but plays lots of basketball wants to increase his vertical jump? They both will require DRASTICALLY different programs/methods to increase their vertical. They key is to get a customized program catering to the needs of the INDIVIDUAL after taking into consideration their training history, strength, movement efficiency, speed, current ability, etc... which NONE of these programs do. They just have a laid out cookie cutter program for everyone to follow, not taking into consideration any of the various factors that all play an important role
    My Vertical Jumping Progress - https://youtu.be/JhW-mJOp0Ro

My Training Journal - http://www.dkathleticperformance.com/training-journal

MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I did the Jump Manual twice. It worked for me as I dunked for the first time at age 30 and after breaking my leg.

But I agree that it doesn't work for everyone!
    My Journey To Dunking: www.youtube.com/user/desmaydotcom

rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks MikaHell.

Does the JumpManual include any upper body exercises at all? Things like bench press, overhead press, rows, dips, pullups, etc?

I want to go through the program but also want to keep doing these upper body exercises as well.

Thanks
    Show some love...

www.TheScienceofGettingRipped.com

MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No but it does have core series.

You can always add upper body to your training as well, that's what I did as well
    My Journey To Dunking: www.youtube.com/user/desmaydotcom

BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BDSMBBW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out Vertical Jump Bible - google it, u will find great info.

ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Jump manual worked best for me. I gained 8 inches of vertical jump.

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dkathleticperf View Post
    Programs online sometimes will and sometimes won't work, but they are never the most efficient way of increasing any aspect of athleticism, let alone vertical.

How are these cookie cutter programs supposed to be effective for everyone? What if a powerlifter wanted to increase his vertical jump? What if an average guy who never lifted weights before but plays lots of basketball wants to increase his vertical jump? They both will require DRASTICALLY different programs/methods to increase their vertical. They key is to get a customized program catering to the needs of the INDIVIDUAL after taking into consideration their training history, strength, movement efficiency, speed, current ability, etc... which NONE of these programs do. They just have a laid out cookie cutter program for everyone to follow, not taking into consideration any of the various factors that all play an important role
    So how would one go about finding the best training program for themselves if these programs are not ideal. Obviously not everyone has the info to create a solid program that works for themself (Including myself).

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PhillipQ25 View Post
    So how would one go about finding the best training program for themselves if these programs are not ideal. Obviously not everyone has the info to create a solid program that works for themself (Including myself).
    On this very forum, there are a number of excellent resources. There is a sticky by EndlineTraining at the top with detailed information on how to design holistic training for American Football, Basketball, etc. Plus, there are a number of other threads of his which show various aspects. For Soccer, Rugby, Field Hockey, etc my thread on year-round training has the detail required.

They show how to put a program together in as complex as you like and can be adjusted to suit specific goals.