Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Low Carbohydrate - Lifestyle and Physical Performance

Here’s a (hopefully) short synopsis of how I got where I am now in terms of my health and fitness (which is not such a bad place really). Lifting weights for about 20 years . Started lifting weights for football at approx. 14/15 (also started using smokeless tobacco at same time). Got into bodybuilding lifestyle at about 18 – At approx. age 29 I quit the tobacco habit, and somehow replaced the tobacco with food. At approx. this same time I started getting into powerlifting. Anyway, I gained 80+ pounds in under a year when I quit my tobacco habit. I spent the next 5 years feeling like **** and lifting weights 2-3+ hours a day. The last powerlifting meet I competed in was 11/1/2014. I weighed in that day at 338 pounds, and I hurt my back on my first squat attempt. I still finished the meet and hit a nice meet PR, but, my back didn’t recover for months after that. Anyway, by 11/10/14 I was so frustrated after 2 attempts to squat in a workout that a light bulb went off and I said to myself, “ok I’m done being fat and I really don’t want to compete in powerlifting anymore either.” That may sound strange, but my food addiction thingie was tied in with my powerlifting addiction thingie that I replaced with my tobacco addiction thingie. Since that day I have lost 84+ pounds. Obviously I made the right decision, because I tried to get my diet together 100 times but couldn’t do it while my head was still screwed up. I never used to have a problem buckling down and sticking to a nutrition plan when I was younger, but, when psychology got mixed into it… I just had to start completely fresh. I had a perfectly solid home powerlifting/Olympic lifting setup, and I sold it on Craigslist. I just had to go “all-in. “

Anyway, my entire life has changed since then. My wife and I had a little money saved, so I quit my job before this summer started back to school full time.

To be honest, I haven’t tracked calories much at all since November. I lost so much so fast that I didn’t see the point. But, for the past month, my weight has stayed the same, though my waist did still go down 1.5 inches, so good things are happening. And I probably still won’t track calories unless things grind to a halt. Again, if it’s working, what’s the point?

My basic rules are kind of simple –
    -I’ve just been eating as much fat as I want and keeping carbs extremely low, usually below 20g day.
    -“Carbup/reefed meal” no sooner than 3 days after the last one. I’ve gone as long as 20 days, but, I probably average 5 days. Usually just a meal, but, once I had a whole day and another time a half day. Even carb meals are gluten free 99% of the time. I know the iifym crowd here would laugh at that (and prob my entire diet for that matter), but, that’s what I do.
    -I exercise with kettlebells now in my house. Basic stuff like swings and front squats and I’ll do pushups too… And on occasion smaller stuff like curls and shrugs and triceps extensions. I want to get in better shape so I’m taking on the 300 swings/day challenge. And anything I want to do on top of that I’ll do.
    -Oh and I drink an absurd quantity of green tea every day.
    -Lots of Coconut Oil

I had a carbup meal last night, 3 pk’s oatmeal in milk, PB sandwich (gluten free bread), Zone Bar and a piece of cake. So I’m starting today with wanting to break my 20 day ketogenic best. I find that around day 9/10 my brain starts to do awesome things. So, I want to experience that for a couple of weeks. So, anyway, I want to do 300 swings a day and sub 30 carbs a day for the next 30 days.

That's the short term goal. The long term is to see what would happen to my physical performance with no refeeds after 30 days, 100 days, 365 days? I don't know if I can do it. I have looked into a few athletes who have and it's pretty cool. And also maybe picking up a new sport (KB sport maybe?).

Current weight is 254. So, here goes nothing. I have no idea what I want to get down to eventually. My composition is so different than it was when I was younger that I can’t even guess. Maybe 200 lb? We’ll see. I video’d my KB swings yesterday, and here’s a picture of me currently.

And here is the 6 month original transformation from November 10th - May 3rd.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Day 1

Nutrition
    8:00 AM
    Coffee
    8 oz'ish Bone Broth
    4 oz Cheese
    1 tbsp Cod Liver Oil
    1 tbsp Coconut Oil

Throughout Day 2 Liters Green tea + 2-3 tbsp Coconut Oil

8:30 PM
    2 eggs + butter
    2-3 pc Bacon
    4 oz Cheese
    Coconut Oil

Workout -
    Kettlebell Swings 4x75 reps
    1 Arm KB Rows 3x15
    KB Shrug 3x15
    KB Curls 3x15

NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome story there bro, all the best with the rest of your journey
    insta www.instagram.com/strongbanter
    lifting log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164163411

Day 2 KB Challenge

Breakfast

-4 oz burger/cheese/.5 PC bacon
    -approx 2-3 oz chicken meat
    -1tbsp Cod Liver Oil
    -1tbsp Coconut Oil
    -Bone Broth
    -Coffee
    -2 Liters Green Tea throughout Day

Lunch
    8 oz beef
    2 slice cheddar cheese
    1 slice bacon
    Bone Broth
    1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil

Dinner - roughly 5-10 min post w/o
    Beef Stew I made (like 2 lb of beef/lots of herbs like basil and thyme, and veggies like chopped garlic and onion and green beans, also butter and olive oil). I thickened it up with 4 tbsp of Coconut Flour. I added 2 sweet potatoes Bc I was afraid my wife and kids would snub it otherwise. Anyway very good stuff,
    1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil

So just a little math -
    Celery x2g
    Onion x0
    Garlic x0
    Coconut Flour x4 tbsp = 16 (10)
    Soy Sauce 2 tbsp 0
    Tomato 7 (2.2)
    Green Beans 10 (3.5)
    2x Sweet Potato 52 (7.8)
    Soy Sauce x2 tbsp (0)
    ----------
    Total Carbs in pot and essentially the total carbs for the day as well.
    85 (23.5 fiber) / 5 people = still less than my 30g per day allowance. I was essentially at zero all day until then so... And this meal was post workout. So, all in all... Good stuff. Weighed 254.6 this morning.

Workout - 6:45 PM
    KB Swings 4x75
    KB Floor Press 3x15
    KB Jerk 3x15
    Upright Row 3x15
    Tri Ext 3x15
    16 total sets
    Last edited by Black_Spit; 06-29-2015 at 05:43 PM.

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Day 2 KB Challenge

Breakfast

-4 oz burger/cheese/.5 PC bacon
    -approx 2-3 oz chicken meat
    -1tbsp Cod Liver Oil
    -1tbsp Coconut Oil
    -Bone Broth
    -Coffee
    -2 Liters Green Tea throughout Day

Lunch
    8 oz beef
    2 slice cheddar cheese
    1 slice bacon
    Bone Broth
    1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil

Dinner - roughly 5-10 min post w/o
    Beef Stew I made (like 2 lb of beef/lots of herbs like basil and thyme, and veggies like chopped garlic and onion and green beans, also butter and olive oil). I thickened it up with 4 tbsp of Coconut Flour. I added 2 sweet potatoes Bc I was afraid my wife and kids would snub it otherwise. Anyway very good stuff,
    1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil

So just a little math -
    Celery x2g
    Onion x0
    Garlic x0
    Coconut Flour x4 tbsp = 16 (10)
    Soy Sauce 2 tbsp 0
    Tomato 7 (2.2)
    Green Beans 10 (3.5)
    2x Sweet Potato 52 (7.8)
    Soy Sauce x2 tbsp (0)
    ----------
    Total Carbs in pot and essentially the total carbs for the day as well.
    85 (23.5 fiber) / 5 people = still less than my 30g per day allowance. I was essentially at zero all day until then so... And this meal was post workout. So, all in all... Good stuff. Weighed 254.6 this morning.

Workout - 6:45 PM
    KB Swings 4x75
    KB Floor Press 3x15
    KB Jerk 3x15
    Upright Row 3x15
    Tri Ext 3x15
    16 total sets
    Im gonna be following this! Im interested in LC as a lifestyle also just cant fully commit

Cool maybe I can provide some insight.

Woke up at 253.7 this AM.

Yesterday

Breakfast)

Coconut Oil
    Cod Liver Oil
    1-2 oz pork (tasting meat from a stew I'm making - I'll prob eat the stew tomorrow)

Lunch)
    8 oz beef
    1.4 oz cheddar
    1 slice bacon
    Coconut Oil

Dinner)
    12 oz Beef
    3 hot dogs (grilled yesterday)
    2.1 oz cheddar
    2 tbsp Coconut Oil
    1 tbsp Cod Liver Oil

Doing something right. I feel great and my ability to focus is off the charts right now.

Last edited by Black_Spit; 07-01-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Todays lunch - Pork bone broth/stew I made out of neck bones and vegetables. Very nice. Possibly first time eating yogurt in my entire life. Organic yogurt from grass fed cows. Actually not bad at all. Less than 5g carbs in stew and 8g in Yogurt.

Day 4
    96 hours since my last carbohydrate meal and as you can see from the keto stick I posted above from last night... I was pretty dark purple then. But it's about as dark as it can get today. And the cognitive benefits I'm feeling at this point are off the charts. This is the reason I want to try to go 30 days, 100 days, 365 days in ketosis to experience this feeling all the time, and to see if this is it, or if it keeps getting better.

Breakfast)
    Coconut Oil
    Cod Liver Oil
    4 oz beef
    1slice cheddar
    1/2 slice bacon

Lunch)
    -Pork Bone Broth Stew I made (Neck bones onion garlic tomato herbs spices) sub 5g carbs
    -Grass fed organic yogurt 8g Carbs

Dinner)
    8 oz Beef + 2 PC Cheddar
    3 hot dogs (I grilled a 16 ok last night and had a bunch left over (hey I could have lied and said 3 pc Applewood Farms turkey bacon, but I'm being honest here)

Later
    Coconut Oil

I'm doing something right. I feel great.

Workout (an hour or so before dinner) -
    KB Swings 4x75
    BW Squat 2x10
    KB Squat 2x10
    Calves 3x15
    Abs 3x15
    Light Stretching 5 min'ish
    Last edited by Black_Spit; 07-01-2015 at 06:11 PM.

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Day 4
    96 hours since my last carbohydrate meal and as you can see from the keto stick I posted above from last night... I was pretty dark purple then. But it's about as dark as it can get today. And the cognitive benefits I'm feeling at this point are off the charts. This is the reason I want to try to go 30 days, 100 days, 365 days in ketosis to experience this feeling all the time, and to see if this is it, or if it keeps getting better.

Breakfast)
    Coconut Oil
    Cod Liver Oil
    4 oz beef
    1slice cheddar
    1/2 slice bacon

Lunch)
    -Pork Bone Broth Stew I made (Neck bones onion garlic tomato herbs spices) sub 5g carbs
    -Grass fed organic yogurt 8g Carbs

Dinner)
    8 oz Beef + 2 PC Cheddar
    3 hot dogs (I grilled a 16 ok last night and had a bunch left over (hey I could have lied and said 3 pc Applewood Farms turkey bacon, but I'm being honest here)

Later
    Coconut Oil

I'm doing something right. I feel great.

Workout (an hour or so before dinner) -
    KB Swings 4x75
    BW Squat 2x10
    KB Squat 2x10
    Calves 3x15
    Abs 3x15
    Light Stretching 5 min'ish
    are you tracking calories, or just carbs

Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    are you tracking calories, or just carbs
    I'm not tracking calories whatsoever. I'm not really even strictly tracking carbs. I just kinda make a mental note if I eat something that has vegetables or something in it. I wasn't even doing that really until I started this journal. I mean, I know that I'm staying under 20g carbs and I'm emphasizing extra fats and stuff to bump the fat ratio up... I think I've just been doing it long enough that I don't really need to.

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep posting :]

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great log! I used to post here but the keto logs seem so quiet so i only now post in my fat loss log....but i'm still going strong on keto, now in month 3. It's one of the best life decisions I ever made.

Thanks for posting your bone broth recipe on the keto recipes thread, i've bookmarked it to try out sometime in the future. I see broth very highly recommended as a staple on all keto forums (i lurk quite abit at reddit keto). So in my case I end up having to supplement with potassium/magnesium tablets and sodium instead, but would much prefer a wholefood source of the minerals like from the broth.
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    Great log! I used to post here but the keto logs seem so quiet so i only now post in my fat loss log....but i'm still going strong on keto, now in month 3. It's one of the best life decisions I ever made.

Thanks for posting your bone broth recipe on the keto recipes thread, i've bookmarked it to try out sometime in the future. I see broth very highly recommended as a staple on all keto forums (i lurk quite abit at reddit keto). So in my case I end up having to supplement with potassium/magnesium tablets and sodium instead, but would much prefer a wholefood source of the minerals like from the broth.
    Thanks a lot. The broth is great. I have found that it's kinda hard to screw up. Add some bones to a pot of water for a day or so, and towards the end, add some vegetables lol.

Thanks a lot. The broth is great. I have found that it's kinda hard to screw up. Add some bones to a pot of water for a day or so, and towards the end, add some vegetables lol.
    not sure if you intended to motivate, but youve motivated me! thanks!! I started to believe the IIFYM thing, albeit only healthy foods, and have gotten away with what works for me. people telling me this, and telling me that, do this not that, your wrong My way is right because its a "scientific" study. I know they may have meant well, but honestly, all its done is make my head spin and gotten me away from what i know works on my body....more specifically the cutting side of things. Starting sunday Im going back to what i know works. thanks again man. hey, you said you may want to try a new sport, how about trying a martial art? ive done MA my whole life, use to compete in various combat competitions, it great man.

That's awesome psalms. Keep a journal and I'll keep up with it.

Weight this AM - 251.1

Yesterdays Nutrition

Breakfast

Coconut Oil
    Cod Liver Oil
    8 oz beef
    1slice cheddar
    6 oz organic Yogurt

Lunch
    -Pork Bone Broth/Stew (chopped tomato/garlic/onion/green onion)
    -Less than 5g Carbs
    -Coconut Oil

Dinner
    8 oz beef
    2 slice cheddar cheese
    1 slice bacon
    1 tbsp KerryGold butter
    1 tbsp Cod Liver Oil

Later -
    2 tbsp Coconut Oil

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weight going down, great!

Today
    Breakfast)

8 oz Ground Beef
    2 slice Cheddar
    1 pc Bacon
    1 tbsp Coconut Oil/Cod Liver Oil
    6 oz Organic Yogurt

Lunch)
    4 oz Ground Beef
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    .5 slice bacon
    1 small pack Pepperoni
    1 tbsp Coconut Oil

Dinner)
    Rotisserie-like Chicken Meat (actually from my crock pot) probably 12 oz or so
    2 tbsp Coconut Oil

Workout - 10:00 AM
    KB Swings 2x50
    KB Snatch 1x5 + 2x10 per side
    KB Clean/Jerk 3x5

Woke up to 250.8 this morning. This will be the 7th day since my last carbohydrate meal.

Today's nutrition

Breakfast)

Chicken Meat approx 10-12 oz
    1 tbsp Coconut Oil/Cod Liver Oil
    Probiotic (10 strain - 13 billion I take this every day I just usually don't write it down)

Lunch)
    Lamb sausage
    Chicken sausage
    Top Sirloin
    Chicken Wings
    Coconut Oil

Dinner)
    12 oz Beef + 2 slices Am. Cheese
    Coconut Oil

Note -
    For lunch - I was at a party with about 50 Brazilians and they grilled copious different varieties of meat. It was great. There may have been 5g carbs mixed in there due to whatever rubs and spices they used. Or it may have been none at all. I decided not to sweat it and just eat. After 7 days with pretty much no carbs, my appetite is completely gone today.i ate that meat, and it was great, but I certainly didn't have to.

Weight was 250.3 when I woke up this morning - Today is my 8th Day Ketogenic. 8 Days is longer than I've been in a while. As I said before, I would average 5 days or so and convince myself I could have a "refeed," with 20 days being my best stretch. But, I'm trying to get to 21 days, and 30 days, and 60, and 100...

Breakfast) 8:00
    Cod Liver Oil
    Coconut Oil
    Probiotic

Lunch) 12:00
    4 oz beef
    1 slice American cheese (2g carbs)
    3.5 PC bacon
    2 tbsp coconut oil

Snack 2:15
    90% cocoa bar 24g carbs/10g of that was fiber

Early Dinner) 4:00
    8 oz beef
    1slice cheddar
    .5 PC bacon

Later (8:15'ish)
    2 tbsp Coconut Oil
    Cod Liver Oil
    Probiotic

Note -
    Went to the grocery store today and wanted to try a 85-99% cacao or cocoa bar. I saw 2 that looked like they might fit the bill. Today I tried the Lindt brand, 90% cocoa. Not bad at all. After I had that, I had run out of Keto sticks, but I tested my urine approx 5.5 hours later and the result is below... So I'm thinking the Dark choc. (Even almost a whole bar) is just fine for me lol. I may treat myself to one of those every few days or so.

MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can do it Black_S - I was wondering why no veggies spinach and such? I love my spinach Makes my Keto a very happy place to be

Originally Posted by MrDarkMatter View Post
    You can do it Black_S - I was wondering why no veggies spinach and such? I love my spinach Makes my Keto a very happy place to be
    Thanks man. In the beginning I ate an avocado every day (which I know is a fruit), and actually I bought a few today so I'll be prob having one of those every few days. But, now I pretty much get my vegetables from my broths that I cook. I don't eat it every day but I've been trying to have it more often. It has chopped onion, garlic, celery, and even some tomato. So, I feel like I've been making a better effort of getting in some vegetables, which I do feel is something valuable. Dr Perlmutter (his book Brain Maker is my inspiration for making the better effort I spoke about) specifically recommends veggies like onion and garlic for the prebiotic content and foods like celery for the inulin. I also take a good probiotic and Cod Liver Oil every day.

MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrDarkMatter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OH Yes Probiotics that is something I always do - Awesome you make your broths - That's how I got into and stay in Keto I make a simple Fat,water, and Himalayan salt broth then depending on what I am in the mood for I add my Protein and veggies - I love my seafood broth - Some seaweed, Spinach, few shrimp, and Salmon with the skin a bit of Turmeric and a few shakes of herb powders and Boom soooo Good

Never tried a seafood broth. I may give that a shot MrDarkMatter.

Tonight's Workout -
    KB Swings 5x15
    Pushups 3x15
    KB Overhead Press 3x10
    KB Rows 3x15
    KB Shrug 2x15
    KB Curls 1x25

Tested my fasting blood sugar this morning and it was 94. I know that's within healthy ranges so that's good I guess.

Oh and DarkMatter I also drink a couple of liters of Green Tea a day (something I've been doing for years. Surely that counts for something.

Oh and DarkMatter I also drink a couple of liters of Green Tea a day (something I've been doing for years. Surely that counts for something.
    hows it going man? I havent been around for a few days, got really bad allergies yesterday, didnt get to lift today! Are you gonna have any carb meals or anything or you gonna go LC for as long as you can? I start tomorrow. can wait!

Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    hows it going man? I havent been around for a few days, got really bad allergies yesterday, didnt get to lift today! Are you gonna have any carb meals or anything or you gonna go LC for as long as you can? I start tomorrow. can wait!
    Good luck man. If there's any way I can help whatsoever, just ask. I'm still rolling along here. Day 9 with sub 30g carbs. No carbs for at least 356 more days, unless I break down, in which case, life will go on lol. But, I want to test myself and see what type of adaptations occur after the initial "fat adaptation."

Woke up this morning at 250.2

9th Day ketogenic
    Breakfast)

8 oz beef
    1 slice cheese
    1 egg
    .5 slice bacon
    Cod Liver Oil
    Coconut Oil
    Probiotic

Lunch)
    Coffee cup of Chicken Soup with onion, garlic, celery, tomato - (5g carbs)
    Coconut oil/olive oil

Dinner)
    6'ish oz hard sharp cheddar
    8 oz beef
    1.5 slice bacon
    2 serving 85% cacao (14g carbs-5g fiber = 9g carbs)

late snack
    5-6 oz cheese
    + the other half of that cacao bar from dinner (9g carbs)

23g total carbs
    Last edited by Black_Spit; 07-08-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Yesterday's nutrition

I weighed after mowing the yard yesterday and sweating a little bit and I weighed in at 250.4. I had also already had 2 meals where I usually weigh first thing in the morning.

Day 10 ketogenic
    Breakfast)

8 oz beef
    1 slice cheese
    .5 slice bacon
    Cod Liver Oil
    Coconut Oil
    Probiotic

Lunch)
    Coconut oil
    Mexican restaurant Fajita plate - steak chicken shrimp bell peppers onion and a few bites of tomato guac/sour cream (10-15''ish grams carbs max)

Snack
    3-4 oz cheddar cheese

Dinner)
    3 eggs
    6.5 of bacon
    1 avocado 17g carbs - 14g fiber = 3g carbs)

Throughout the day
    2+ liters green tea
    Coffee

Total carbohydrate count for the day would be 40'ish and at least half of that being fiber. 15-20'ish grams Net carbs.

Note I also bought a perfect pullup bar. It's cool bc it swings outward so I can do all different ranges of motion from bodyweight rows to pull-ups. I do all of my workouts at home these days with bodyweight exercises and kettle bells, so this will give me access to the only major thing I was unable to do before, a vertical pull.
    Last edited by Black_Spit; 07-08-2015 at 12:03 PM.