Thread: Bone Broth

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bone Broth

-2x Cornish Hens
    -approx 1 gallon of water
    -3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I've seen several sites that recommend using this to help -encourage the collagen and other nutrients out of the bone.
    -I also add 2 tbsp salt though I've seen it recommended not to by at least one paleo site.
    -Thyme
    -Basil
    -McCormick Rotisserie (contains salt and garlic and paprika and onion - no sugar sources) you don't need this but I love the way it looks on chicken so I use it for any chicken recipe.

I added the above to the crock pot at approx 6:00 last night. Approx 14 hours later (8:00 am) I strained the liquid using a sieve. Then I ate the meat for breakfast, and put the bones back into the newly strained liquid.

At Noon (18 total hours), I added the following -

3 stalks celery/chopped
    3 garlic bulbs/chopped
    2 green onion thingies/chopped
    1 shallot onion/chopped

At 1:00 I strained the liquid again and set aside to cool and I ate the bones and vegetables that I strained out for lunch (yes really).

There's all kinds of good stuff in this broth, including glucosamine, collagen, proline, glycine, calcium, magnesium, and basically next to no carbohydrate. 1 stalk of celery has 1 gram I think. The amount of onion and garlic I used was negligible as well as far as carbohydtrate.

Most importantly it is delicious.

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    -2x Cornish Hens
    -approx 1 gallon of water
    -3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I've seen several sites that recommend using this to help -encourage the collagen and other nutrients out of the bone.
    -I also add 2 tbsp salt though I've seen it recommended not to by at least one paleo site.
    -Thyme
    -Basil
    -McCormick Rotisserie (contains salt and garlic and paprika and onion - no sugar sources) you don't need this but I love the way it looks on chicken so I use it for any chicken recipe.

I added the above to the crock pot at approx 6:00 last night. Approx 14 hours later (8:00 am) I strained the liquid using a sieve. Then I ate the meat for breakfast, and put the bones back into the newly strained liquid.

At Noon (18 total hours), I added the following -

3 stalks celery/chopped
    3 garlic bulbs/chopped
    2 green onion thingies/chopped
    1 shallot onion/chopped

At 1:00 I strained the liquid again and set aside to cool and I ate the bones and vegetables that I strained out for lunch (yes really).

There's all kinds of good stuff in this broth, including glucosamine, collagen, proline, glycine, calcium, magnesium, and basically next to no carbohydrate. 1 stalk of celery has 1 gram I think. The amount of onion and garlic I used was negligible as well as far as carbohydtrate.

Most importantly it is delicious.

does this help with thyroid issues? I have a buddy who asked me abouit thkis recently that has hyperthyriodism.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know that the mineral Selenium as well as Iodine are major players in thyroid health. I just googled "Bone broth Selenium Iodine" and a quick search found that the broth does have some selenium and iodine, so if the person is deficient in those minerals, then I guess it would.