Rtegiresed Uesr ส้้้้้้้ WheyBeastly's Avatar
    WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

WheyBeastly's supplement and product review thread! (Ongoing!)

Hey guys and gals, this thread is for my reviews/impressions of various products, whether they are supplements or other products (such as shakers).

Check back in every now and then, as I'll be editing this initial post!

PreSurge by Athletic Edge Nutrition - Grape Bubble Gum flavor. Based on the smell of the powder, nailed it. Smells like some kind of grape bubble gum. My tubs might be nearing the end of their life (close to expiration date). A bunch of clumps. I used a knife to break some stuff up. Flavor, 3 out of 5. It's not bad, but I can see this as getting old really fast. But, I'm biased. I prefer larger serving sizes for pre-workout supps, rather than the concentrated/smaller serving size ones. Also, I may have tried PreSurge years ago in a dif flavor. It's maybe a similar thing as with the original (or so?) VPX NO Shotgun I tried, the flavor wasn't bad, but there was ... something about it that just rubbed me wrong, haha. I may have gagged or whatever trying to drink the stuff.

Took it around.. ~8:15 or something, and maybe started feeling it a bit ago 8:55 or so.

Universal Nutrition shaker cup - I like how it's kind of see through. It has markings for ounces at least. Didn't leak during shaking. Also has a little insert, which can help mix/break up the powder as well as helping to keep ice cubes away from the opening where you drink from.

Dymatize Elite XT - Fudge Brownie flavor. Powder smells good, like a typical chocolate protein supp. smell. I mixed it with 2% milk. Mixed well, didn't notice any clumps in my mouth. Tastes fine (3 to 3.5 out of 5 for taste). Good texture/thickness as well. It wasn't thick like I was drinking a casein shake or whatever, but also wasn't a runny consistency.
    Rated for 130 cals and 21g protein per serving size, I'd like if it was a bit more... but, it is what it is! Also, the serving size is kind of weird (34.2 grams, is it?).

Also, a bigger order of products will get here Thursday or so of this week. So, come back in Thurs/Friday to see if there's anything new, .
    Last edited by WheyBeastly; 06-23-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Formerly Jouho.

Current/Goal
    Bench: 2.5 lbs / 5 lbs
    Squat: 3 lbs / 6 lbs
    Deadlift: 4 lbs / 7 lbs

*I'm actually an ant irl crew*

Rtegiresed Uesr ส้้้้้้้ WheyBeastly's Avatar
    WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got a message about editing the post within 2880 minutes or something? So, I guess I'll keep posting review things as much as I 'can' within the same post until I'm not able to by myself, then start another post within the thread. .

MuscleTech Anarchy - Blue Raspberry flavor. I did ~1.5 servings for the pwo shake. Flavor 3-3.5 out of 5. I like the flavor better than the PreSurge above. I was not expecting the BA to kick in that fast, started feeling it like 5 mins after the shake. Mixed well in shaker, I used tap water + some crushed ice. Noticed a lot of foam.

Ultra Peptide - Lemon Cream Pie flavor. Holy crap. Flavor 4.5 out of 5. It was like I could actually taste the crust. XF is a company that I'm comfortable with. Try this out if you haven't already!
    Last edited by WheyBeastly; 06-26-2015 at 08:49 PM.
    Formerly Jouho.

Current/Goal
    Bench: 2.5 lbs / 5 lbs
    Squat: 3 lbs / 6 lbs
    Deadlift: 4 lbs / 7 lbs

*I'm actually an ant irl crew*