Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CorytheKiD View Post
    Pls tell me you're not srs. You can't possibly be this stupid
    Everyone has always known the Brazilians love to make excuses after their losses, Aldo is just taking it one step further and preemptively making his excuse. We should applaud him as a visionary.

Registered Pureblood scooterbrah's Avatar
    scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chad Mendes will be paid for UFC 189, regardless if he fights Conor McGregor or not
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/26...ther-he-fights

The Aldo-McGregor fight is back on for UFC 189 next week and everyone seems to be happy. But the Nevada Athletic Commission can still ruin the party by not clearing the Brazilian to fight. Jose Aldo suffered what was first believed to be a fractured rib during sparring on Tuesday. Yesterday it was announced that the rib is bruised and Aldo will go on with the fight.

If the champion won't be allowed to go on with it, though, the UFC already has a backup plan set up. Number-one ranked Chad Mendes will serve as a so called stand-by opponent, who stays in shape until fight night, to jump in on a day's notice, if needed.

As Yahoo Sports reports, he will be paid for that role, regardless of wether he ends up fighting McGregor or not. According to the article, this is a usual procedure for the UFC.

For the record, White said Thursday that Mendes will be paid, regardless of whether he fights. White said the UFC does that frequently, and said it paid Jessica Eye to train and be ready as a backup to fight Ronda Rousey at UFC 184 in February if Cat Zingano wasn't able to make it.

Another interesting point in the article is, that Mendes agreed to be the stand-by guy without even knowing that he would be paid for it.

"Honestly, I don't know," he said. "I guess we're still talking. I don't really know. But they offered me the chance to be the stand-by fighter for UFC and, paid or not, I was all over it. I was 100 percent going to do it."

Mendes and McGregor had a few heated and public debates over the last years, even without a fight scheduled against each other.

"This guy has talked and talked and talked and for the last year, he's made it personal," Mendes said of McGregor. "I'm going to thoroughly enjoy punching him in the face. Getting in there and getting a belt against a guy like him, who in my opinion has a lot of holes in his game, is something I couldn't pass up. He's good. Don't get me wrong. He's got talent, but when you put aside the mouth and the marketing skills, he's not the kind of guy I see as a champion."

UFC 189 will take place July 11 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Until now, Jose Aldo will defend his belt against Conor McGregor. Should he not be cleared to fight, Mendes will jump in to fight McGregor for the interim title.
    MinisterOfLust: scooterbrah and Mcfreoko are the two worst posters here.

PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1sttimecaller View Post
    Everyone has always known the Brazilians love to make excuses after their losses, Aldo is just taking it one step further and preemptively making his excuse. We should applaud him as a visionary.
    Medical experts confirm a bone bruise especially on the ribs is a debilitating injury.

With your logic, a guy who breaks his leg should still take a fight.

1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PuristBrah View Post
    Medical experts confirm a bone bruise especially on the ribs is a debilitating injury.

With your logic, a guy who breaks his leg should still take a fight.
    Tito fought with a cracked skull.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    nobody wants to see mendes mcgregor until after we see mcgregor beat aldo
    Last edited by TheIronAsylum; 06-26-2015 at 02:58 PM.

PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) PuristBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Please be trolling.

If I'm spending $60 on a ppv, I want to see the best damn version of a fighter in the cage.

Please be trolling.

If I'm spending $60 on a ppv, I want to see the best damn version of a fighter in the cage.
    So this won't be the "best version" of Aldo.

As I said, the excuses are already starting.

Conor by tko

So this won't be the "best version" of Aldo.

As I said, the excuses are already starting.

Conor by tko
    I'm done.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol @ mendes being jimmy rustled. hed make a hell of a fight with conor but its all about aldo mcgregor right now

Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wish they just postponed it. Lets have both fighters at 100% ffs. But instead now if Aldo loses we get an immediate rematch because he wasn't 100%....he will win that 2nd match so it turns into a trilogy full of trash talking and lots of money for Dana.
    There is but one path....we kill them all.

d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) d1154802 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kathebrahl View Post
    I've read that a few times on here and I don't agree. That was a competitive fight although jones clearly won
    same here the fight was competitive. jones himself said dc performed good in the fight. jones also also said dc made his eye fat and his lips swollen. all of that was stated in the full post fight conference.

skip to 22:23

scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/27...decision-to-be

Jose Aldo’s medical report indicates fracture, final decision to be made next week

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor is a go for UFC 189 -- for now.

The UFC featherweight championship will be on the line July 11 in Las Vegas, but Aldo’s injury report is still controversial. Initial reports indicated that Aldo fractured his ribs in training, but the UFC later announced that he had bruised ribs and was cleared to fight.

According to Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras, Aldo’s medical reports are conflicting. Brazilian doctors concluded that Aldo has fractured ribs, but American doctors say it’s not broken.

"There’s medical report here and an evaluation there. I’m not a doctor to say which one is correct," Pederneiras told the media after Shooto Brazil 55 in Rio de Janeiro. "I know he’s injured and this rib injury is painful. He’s using anti-inflammatory and we will wait to see if he gets better. The fight is on, and we’ll check him again next week."

"We will only have this answer next week," he continued. "He’s under treatment. He did an injection and is under a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment, and is waiting to get better. They take his blood, use only the good plasma, and inject it on the injury. The fight is 15 days away. Doctors say he will get better day after day. We can’t say how he will feel 15 days from now."

Pederneiras says the UFC didn’t pressure them to take the fight despite the injury, but will decide to take Aldo off UFC 189 if he’s able to cut weight properly.

"If he can’t do any exercise to cut weight, he won’t fight at all," he said. "That doesn’t concern me at all.

"He’s forbidden to do anything right now. If you move, the injury won’t heal, so he needs to stay to some rest. He’s used to pain but is feeling a lot of pain right now. It’s hard to fight at 100 percent. But if he can take a punch and don’t feel the pain he’s feeling right now… He broke his foot in the first round against ‘Korean Zombie’ and kept fighting. He’s used to pain. We’ll only let him fight if he’s well."

Pederneiras admitted that the media revealing the news was an issue for Aldo, who could enter a fight with his opponent knowing he has an injury. However, "Dede" is confident that Aldo beats McGregor anyway.

"I think Aldo is so superior it won’t make the difference. If he goes to the fight, he will win," Pederneiras said. "I won’t put him in a situation that one punch can end the fight."

"We don’t know who leaked this information. We didn’t leak it," he continued. "We took him to the hospital and a lot of people saw him there. I told the matchmaker he was injured and under treatment, but it was on the media already. We believe someone in the hospital leaked this information to the media."

If Aldo can’t make it to UFC 189, Chad Mendes will step in and fight McGregor for the interim belt, but Pederneiras says it makes no sense to create an interim title.

"The UFC is a private company and they make the decision that is better for the company," he said. "Aldo fought in October, nine months ago. The majority of the champions who didn’t fight for any reason were out longer and they didn’t create an interim title. I don’t think it’s cool, but it’s a private company."

this is quite the mess.

AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scooterbrah View Post

Jose Aldo’s medical report indicates fracture, final decision to be made next week

this is quite the mess.
    inb4 the UFC pays one of Mendes' training partners to injure him and the UFC declares McGregor undisputed champion

srs it wouldn't surprise me

In to see Mendes smash Conor's head off the mat hnnnggg

So everything is leaning towards Aldo being out but UFC won't say that until the last minute.

dat dere bait and switch

Originally Posted by AirJordanB View Post
    inb4 the UFC pays one of Mendes' training partners to injure him and the UFC declares McGregor undisputed champion
    lmao

So everything is leaning towards Aldo being out but UFC won't say that until the last minute.

dat dere bait and switch
    thats how it feels to me. just announce mendes and the fake belt and lets all move on. the longer they wait the madder people will get imo.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    what a joke

i have questions and would love some feedback. i am just curious where everyone else is at mentally

1. are any of you happy that we got this news 2+ weeks before the fight and now we sit here in this uncertainty?

or would you have rather found out if/when the NSAC pulls aldo during the pre weigh-in physicals and then learned that the ufc knew this all along and had mendes on standby?

or would you have rather not know anything, aldo kills himself to make weight, and fights with this injury only to find out about it post fight?

if none of those 3, what are you feeling?

-----------------------------

2. knowing what we know now, are you content with just waiting and see what happens?

or would you rather they just pull aldo and move mendes into the fight now?

--------------------------

3. regardless of which fighter you will root for, will you be happy with getting the result you want knowing that this situation exists?

----------------------------

its not often we know about these kind of things with this much detail(assuming its all legit).

me personally, knowing what we know now I would rather it be postponed. Sure fighters are never 100% on fight night and sure there are rumors that conor has a knee issue as well but I cant look at that as "well since both are hurt the injuries cancel each other out" type of situation. The only horse I have in this 3 way race is Mendes but at the same time i just hate interim title fights so its a no-win situation for me.

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

this is quite the mess.
    doesn't sound good, if it becomes mendes vs mcgregor, I assume robbie vs rory will become the main event? and will mcgregor vs mendes still be a 5 round fight?

edit: oh yeah it's for the interim belt so it will still be 5 rounds

jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Tyson fought with a broken back (it was spinal)

Aldo is just being a big stupid vagina.
    Survival. When the jungle tears itself down and builds itself into something new. Guys like you and me, we end up dead. Doesn’t really mean anything. Or, if we happen to live through it, well that doesn’t mean anything either.

skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10) skarms is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    postpone the fight ffs, it's clear aldo is not going to be healthy.

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by skarms View Post
    postpone the fight ffs, it's clear aldo is not going to be healthy.
    seriously this, wtf are they thinking? either Aldo fights injured as fuk or Mendes wrestlefuks Conor for 5 rounds and the last 4 months of hype and build up is completely ruined.

i can't think of anything worse than Mendes winning.

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am far from a fan of Conor's chit talk but it isn't fair he doesn't get to know who he is fighting until the day before, potentially. We all already know there is an issue so Aldo should be pushed back and the Mendes fight should be planned. Conor can prepare for Mendes.

If Conor loses then so what, the UFC will still pump him up, the fans will still eat up his chit talk, they will feed him a beatable opponent and still get a shot at Aldo later.

If he wins it legitimizes him and builds up the Aldo fight even more.

If Aldo loses there will be a chitstorm of excuses. If he wins the Conor fans will say it wasn't fair because he didn't even know who he was fighting, etc..

Move Aldo back and either fight Mendes or have him wait to Aldo is healthy. And for the recond, IMO Mendes is beatable for Conor. I think Conor loses to Edgar, has a real shot at taking out Mendes and loses to Aldo.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Andre Ped said Aldo is currently not allowed to move because it disrupts the rib from healing. The fact that he can't MOVE 2 weeks away from the biggest payday of his life should be enough reason to pull out from this fight.

All big fights should have an assigned bench warmer ala Chad Mendes. Pay the guy to prepare and be ready just in case things fall apart.

Conor's staff should make sure he has certainty about who he will be fighting asap.

I hope, but doubt, the fight goes through.

Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man if conor beats mendes the post-fight interview will be absolutely epic. Aldo should prepare to get roasted and I dont want him talking ****. You dont to talk **** after being a dumbass and injuring yourself 2 weeks from arguably the biggest fight in MMA history. But I think Mendes beats Conor and we'll go back to 250k ppv buys and MMA's popularity taking a nosedive.
    ----
    **Alexis Ren fan crew**

RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RScary15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Conor will knock out Mendes in two rounds.

He's too short and stocky and Conor will exploit that. Mendes won't get a takedown with eating a straight that he doesn't like. Hell Conor might even have a badass ground game now for all we know.
    Forgot to train biceps crew
    San Antonio Spurs
    Minnesota Vikings
    Conor Mcgregor CREW!!!
    $$$ Sasha Banks Crew $$$
    Boxing Crew

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RScary15 View Post
    Conor will knock out Mendes in two rounds.

He's too short and stocky and Conor will exploit that. Mendes won't get a takedown with eating a straight that he doesn't like. Hell Conor might even have a badass ground game now for all we know.
    Just based on styles I think Conor beats Mendes. IMO he loses to Edgar and Aldo but I definitely think he beats Mendes. Aldo knocked Mendes down who got saved by the bell. I think Conor does the same thing. About Mendes only chance is a that he gets take downs and it turns out Conor just cannot defend them. I am sure Conor has been training that though because Aldo can pose the same threat.

Go fist yourself Showstopper1969's Avatar
    Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I literally just spoke to Dana White, they (Matt Serra) were filming something at the Knuckle Up gym here in Sandy Springs...asked him about Aldo, and he said it was just bruised ribs. srs
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>

ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    I literally just spoke to Dana White, they (Matt Serra) were filming something at the Knuckle Up gym here in Sandy Springs...asked him about Aldo, and he said it was just bruised ribs. srs
    was he dressed like this when you were speaking to him

ayy 1k post
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

An ankle wrap in my Avi not a sock

Go fist yourself Showstopper1969's Avatar
    Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Showstopper1969 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ilykejordans View Post
    was he dressed like this when you were speaking to him

ayy 1k post
    Lol...actually pretty cool dude in person, by that I mean he didn't tell me to fuark off
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>

They have to do something about the injuries. They spent all this time on the PED stuff, most of which the casual fan couldn't give a **** about, but neglect the fact that we're having major fights rescheduled due to injury at a seemingly new record pace every year.

I can't imagine it will get any better with the stricter steroid testing. Plus the [relatively] low pay compared to other pro athletes means we'll continue to have championship contenders being trained by idiots like Cain's coach who has him doing a terrible S&C routine or Aldo's coach who has his fighter sparring hard as **** 10 days from the fight.

Only solution is to impose real penalties when fighters drop out due to injuries, specifically repeat offenders. Or let guys use whatever PED's they want.