zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cleansing your "system"

My uncle is a chemist, but he's also kindof a "hippy" and when I told him I was starting to bodybuild seriously, he reccomended that I do a cleanse to help my body absorb vitamins, nutrients, etc better... he reccomended that I clear my schedule one day, and in the morning drink an ounce of lemon juice and 2 ounces of natural olive oil, straight up, and to repeat this 2 hours later.
    He also reccomended that I just hang out in the bathroom all day with a good book.

What do the experts think of this idea? Will the benefits be worth a day of misery?
    Guess what?!?!?!?! Being HYOOGE isn't that great! Most girls think it's gross, and most normal guys think it's overcompensating for something... But you go ahead and keep on bulking at 15% bodyfat, keep rowing untill your lats are so big you can't sit in a regular car seat, keep shrugging untill you don't have a neck anymore, have fun with it if you really enjoy it... But don't criticize and berate me because I lift for different reasons than you.

lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000)
    mmmm I wouldnt do it. But I think it might be a good idea. To start fresh. But I wouldn't.
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it;
    Risk more than others think is safe;
    Dream more than others think is practical;
    Expect more than others think is possible.

ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The only thing you'll probably "cleanse" is your large intestine. However, your colon isn't what gets the nutrients out of your food. That's the job of the small intestine, and it can generally do its job quite well without help from a "cleanse". You would be a lot better off, IMO, concentrating on the quality of the food you eat regularly than trying to "cleanse" your system.

vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vikings1142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my mom tells me to do that to but with pickle juice but not clear my schedule just drink it once

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    unfortunately hes a chemist, not a doctor

i dont remember the last time i saw i lab rat benching.

lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000) lonecrow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tussmann57 View Post

LMAO!!!!!
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it;
    Risk more than others think is safe;
    Dream more than others think is practical;
    Expect more than others think is possible.

bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went with a clease kit from a health food store. At my age and years of poor diet, I thought why not? I used it right before I started January. I've also read about the lemon/oil thing online. Just like there is a whole community here on bodybuilding.com there is a whole 'nother one for "cleansing" out there.

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I read something about yogurt enemas the other day. Kind of puts yogurt in a new perspective for me.....

bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigrocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking A whole new meaning for "Go-gurt"

Originally Posted by YUL View Post
    I read something about yogurt enemas the other day. Kind of puts yogurt in a new perspective for me.....
    And a whole new thread of really bad jokes. Are you serious? What sort of sprinkles do you get with that? No fat yogurt is probably better, right?

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zspturbo View Post
    My uncle is a chemist, but he's also kindof a "hippy" and when I told him I was starting to bodybuild seriously, he reccomended that I do a cleanse to help my body absorb vitamins, nutrients, etc better... he reccomended that I clear my schedule one day, and in the morning drink an ounce of lemon juice and 2 ounces of natural olive oil, straight up, and to repeat this 2 hours later.
    He also reccomended that I just hang out in the bathroom all day with a good book.

What do the experts think of this idea? Will the benefits be worth a day of misery?
    do a google on kidney stones and cleansing...you'll see that that is pretty much what you are doing.
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn 2 ounces of natural olive oil? thats a couple thousand cals right there from fat!
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -MJ

My body is my temple

zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alan_86 View Post
    damn 2 ounces of natural olive oil? thats a couple thousand cals right there from fat!
    yeah but you dont have time to digest it. it runs straight through you. I'm so punny! haha!
    Guess what?!?!?!?! Being HYOOGE isn't that great! Most girls think it's gross, and most normal guys think it's overcompensating for something... But you go ahead and keep on bulking at 15% bodyfat, keep rowing untill your lats are so big you can't sit in a regular car seat, keep shrugging untill you don't have a neck anymore, have fun with it if you really enjoy it... But don't criticize and berate me because I lift for different reasons than you.

nubsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    read about something similar on another offtopic forum. but i think there was another ingredient or 2 (some sort of salt?), people tried it and shat out rocks, some say it flushes your system of stones that aren't release, while others claimed it was mearly a mixture of the concoction that reacted and made the stones... i cant remember the conclusion but like others mentioend. its all over the net, old news.

if anything id rather grab some sort of clensing system from the nearby supp or nutrition store rather than try something random =\

WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000) WRX20PSI is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMHO just drink a lot of water (more than a gallon) and eat pleny veggies and fruits for a month and that's it...
    www.xccellence.com

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WRX20PSI View Post
    IMHO just drink a lot of water (more than a gallon) and eat pleny veggies and fruits for a month and that's it...
    If you severly restrict your consumption of meat and eat whole grain, vegatables, fruit, and eggs/beans+rice/PB+grain/protein shakes for protein source AND drink a good amount of water, you will cleanse your system. I wouldn't buy one of those "internal cleansing" kits from the store; they are quite controversial.
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Use distilled water every day for a few weeks to cleanse your system...but don't use it for more than a few weeks.

Yea, it can help, but obviously don't do this for more than a month at a time.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tussmann57 View Post

I am not a rat but I do work in a lab and I am a PhD student... True most around here dont BB or WT but some like me do
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The two question you should be asking him is : 1) clean what? 2) and how it helps?

I think thats a bunch of pseudoscientific non-sense... Your body itself keeps clean the intestine by a) frequent peristalsis b) Migrating motor complexes c) the fact that the cells in the internal lumen of the intestine are shed away (this is the reason why ppl under chemotherapy get nutrient mal-absortion problems and diarrea)...

HTH
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyZnX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I didnt read all the posts, but the guy knows what he is talkin about.
    Cleansing your body is important. There are several more ways to detoxify your body. Google it.
    Also google Coffee enema. Now that may be something you want to clear your schedual for. But it can be worth it, escpecially if you ever plan on fasting, or just want to get some of the caked on crust that is around your colon.
    Alot of the preservatives and fast foods that we eat these days cause a build up of the mucus in our bowels. It definetly makes sense that it can help absortion.

I love how you call him a hippy. People like this are cool as hell. They always seem to know the most about natural medicine.

Originally Posted by LyZnX View Post
    I didnt read all the posts, but the guy knows what he is talkin about.
    Cleansing your body is important. There are several more ways to detoxify your body. Google it.
    Also google Coffee enema. Now that may be something you want to clear your schedual for. But it can be worth it, escpecially if you ever plan on fasting, or just want to get some of the caked on crust that is around your colon.
    Alot of the preservatives and fast foods that we eat these days cause a build up of the mucus in our bowels. It definetly makes sense that it can help absortion.

I love how you call him a hippy. People like this are cool as hell. They always seem to know the most about natural medicine.

As one poster pointed out, the colon only absorbs water. An enema makes no sense as far as nutrient absortion is concerned.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The whole cleanse/detox fad boils down to a couple things:

1) Hippy bull**** trying to sway people into thinking "natural is better"
    2) Corporate fear mongering, scare people into thinking they need a product and you'll make millions.
    3) Hand-Me-Down information. People hear the same thing being whispered from person to person and eventually think its the truth because "they heard that so and so is the truth". Its the same reason people think fat makes you fat and why if women lift weights they will get hyuge.

Couple articles
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...16/ai_53935126

Nice Exerpt from http://www.infomercialwatch.org/repo...alaction.shtml
    The rationale for Dual Action Cleanse appears to be based the outdated theory of "autointoxication," which states that stagnation of the large intestine (colon) causes toxins to form that are absorbed and poison the body. Some quackery promoters depict the large intestine as a "sewage system" that becomes a "cesspool" if neglected. Other proponents state that constipation causes hardened feces to accumulate for months (or even years) on the walls of the large intestine and block it from absorbing or eliminating properly. This, they say, causes food to remain undigested and wastes from the blood to be reabsorbed by the body. However, direct observation of the colon during surgical procedures or autopsies found no evidence that hardened feces accumulate on the intestinal walls.
    More fun articles with my favorite quote from it...
    http://lifegetinit.fitdv.com/new/art...html?artid=344

"There is no process that I know of ... that supports the claim that you will purge environmental toxins over and above what your body itself is capable of doing. There's no such thing as detoxification? It's certainly not medicine and it's potentially quite dangerous.?

The fact of the matter is the science is in favor of it being bull****. The burdon of proof is on the people marketing the product and until they can shell out REAL PROOF (not just some hippy bull****) that it works then Im still calling bull****.