Jerold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much Salmon can I eat in a week and is it good for you?

I've found these bags of Kirkland Atlantic Salmon at Costco. Each individually wrapped and a piece of cake to defrost/cook (even in the microwave in 5-6min.) They have 35g protein and are 340cal each, but 180cal from fat (is that 'good fat' or just fat?). I've been told by some not to eat too much fish in a week because of mercury, but this ultra marathoner, ? Karnasis, says that his diet is pretty much wild pacific salmon everyday.

There isn't any warning label on the bag for the salmon and they are much easier to prepare than chicken breasts (and tasty too).

Thanks,
    Jerold

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    How many times do we have to go over the same thing on these forums? This is getting silly.

#1 salmon does NOT have significant amounts of mercury, period.

#2 it is probably farmed, in which case it will have less good fats and may have a lot of toxins.

# wild PACIFIC is great. Go to a nutritional database to find the fat info for the type of salmon and stick to less than 4g of combined EPA and DHA per day.

riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no problem with mercury poisoning and salmon.

Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jerold View Post
    I've found these bags of Kirkland Atlantic Salmon at Costco. Each individually wrapped and a piece of cake to defrost/cook (even in the microwave in 5-6min.) They have 35g protein and are 340cal each, but 180cal from fat (is that 'good fat' or just fat?). I've been told by some not to eat too much fish in a week because of mercury, but this ultra marathoner, ? Karnasis, says that his diet is pretty much wild pacific salmon everyday.

There isn't any warning label on the bag for the salmon and they are much easier to prepare than chicken breasts (and tasty too).

Thanks,
    Jerold
    Don't worrya bout it man, I have the exact same bag in my freezer along with Tilapia, Shrimp, Chicken, and ground turkey. ALL FROM COSTCO! The salmon is by far my favorite followed by the Shrimp. It's good lots of protein and it's just damn tasty. I cook the salmon fillets with lemon and pepper on a George Foreman Grill.

Don't worry about murcury, and yes if I recal they are farmed in the ATLANTIC. Far from wild caught but it's still good. My mom is a nurse and she says there is nothing wrong with eating all this so long that I drink plenty of water.

So, you're okay and I recomment tilapia,shrimp and chicken. The tilapia has less protein though, but I usually eat 2 pieces instead of one.

good luck, salmon is tasty! yummmmmmmmmmm, I think I'll go for some of that right now.
    "Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and constant self-awareness. The path to such success is punctuated by failure, consolidation and renewed effort. Personal reconstruction is art." - MFT