Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Build endurance for soccer

Hey everybody, my new goal is to improve my endurance for soccer. I started yesterday and I did 40min on a treadmill speed 6,5. Should I continue like that?

SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't recommend conditioning like that.

Think of how you move in a soccer game and try to mimic that as much as you can in your training.

Look in to HIIT (high intensity interval training). That's exactly how a soccer game is played: maybe 5-6 seconds of an all out sprint (work), followed by 1-2 minutes of a slow jog with some walking thrown in there as well (recovery). Then repeat this for reps.

Vary your work and recovery times as well to make it even more like a soccer game. As you never know the exact frequency or duration of your work and recovery in a game.
    Army Vet (11A)

bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What position do you play?
    My names Benn and I believe in fitness!

Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life.

Strength is never a weakness.

Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrisomo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bennmuz View Post
    What position do you play?
    winger

bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chrisomo View Post
    winger
    Cool, like mentioned above HIIT would probably help you.
    You don't need as much of an engine as you wont see as much of the ball or be tracking back.

General match fitness over 90mins can only be achieved by playing matches in my opinion, be it 5/7-aside or proper games.
    My names Benn and I believe in fitness!

Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life.

Strength is never a weakness.

MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm also a winger.

If you google "mens soccer workout pdf" will find off season complete training programs from a bunch of colleges in the US. Those are great as they focus on getting their players match fit between the months of June and July.

40 mins of 6.5 i'd say definitely is the perfect starting point for where most of the programs start so you should be fine. Find a program you like and follow it.

If you don't end up doing any of those for whatever reason. I'll just tell you what I do. 4 days of running per week. One long run 40-45 minutes slow pace. Two Medium Runs (for you that would be about 7.4-8.2) for about 1.5-2.5 miles. And one speed day, 11.0 speed for 30 second burst with 45-60 second rest time for 4 total sets. Eventually on that last one you want to decrease the rest time down to 30 seconds. That's what I am following it's pretty similar to what you'll find in the college workout packets.

Hope that helps
    Follow me on Instagram: @Memphis_Zee

Originally Posted by MemphisZe View Post
    I'm also a winger.

If you google "mens soccer workout pdf" will find off season complete training programs from a bunch of colleges in the US. Those are great as they focus on getting their players match fit between the months of June and July.

40 mins of 6.5 i'd say definitely is the perfect starting point for where most of the programs start so you should be fine. Find a program you like and follow it.

If you don't end up doing any of those for whatever reason. I'll just tell you what I do. 4 days of running per week. One long run 40-45 minutes slow pace. Two Medium Runs (for you that would be about 7.4-8.2) for about 1.5-2.5 miles. And one speed day, 11.0 speed for 30 second burst with 45-60 second rest time for 4 total sets. Eventually on that last one you want to decrease the rest time down to 30 seconds. That's what I am following it's pretty similar to what you'll find in the college workout packets.

Hope that helps
    Thanks a lot man, very helpful. You re running outside?

MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MemphisZe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Chrisomo View Post
    Thanks a lot man, very helpful. You re running outside?
    I try to vary my surface. I'd say 50% of the time i'll do treadmill, 50% on the turf field.
    Follow me on Instagram: @Memphis_Zee