JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

When did you hit your first plateau?

How many months into lifting did you hit your first plateau?

What were your lifts before/up to that point, and how fast were you getting the beginner gains?

How long did the plateau last, and how did you get out of it?

What is your rate of gains (specific lifts) after the plateau?

Anything else about plateaus? Please share your story.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move if necessary.
    Started 4/1/2015

S 355
    B 245
    D 405

Sn 98 kg
    CJ 115 kg

185 BW

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Dude,Can't remember my first plateau,does't matter,everyones different when it comes to that,but I can tell you about my last one.This past January,was doing good then plateau time hit! I knew what it was and didn't push it,continued with light days and medium days,knowing it'll come back.It did.About two months later with a vengeance I did heavier weights than ever.

Not really too much different than when you do a PR,then next time can't do it,those strong days & weak days. Just bigger.

You don't "do anything" to get out of it-it's you're body taking control-listen to it.I'm a big believer in instinctive training,work with how your body feels,don't force it with heavier weights.

TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAbysswalker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bench: is pretty bad, slower progress than I've had before, stuck at 165lbs for 5 rep max for weeks with BAD form (wrists not straight, not tight, no arch) I bust my bench plateau mainly by tweaking my technique (benching like a powerlifter) bench went up 50+lbs

Squat: -plateaued at 245lbs for 5rep max, I use to squat with running shoes and no knee sleeves, (old man knees) so i bought the necessary equipment to make me lift the poundage safely.
    -I also switched to low-bar squatting, and my squat increased well over 80lbs.

Deadlift: ok, use to deadlift twice a week and after heavy squatting, plateaued around 315lbs, but now following a program, I deadlift once a week and my deadlift went up 60lbs, and also I deadlift barefoot now.

Conclusion: i broke all my plateaus by improving my technique, having the right program/equipment, and also eating enough. ��������
    S: 415lbs
    B: 295lbs
    D: 505lbs
    1-rep maxes (tested) as of 2016

"Surely thine kind are more than pure dark." --Artorias TheAbyssWalker (Dark Souls)

XBOX ONE: HEY AC

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No idea.

And it's not something you can put exact numbers too. It varies, everyone's training is different, their bodies are different, diets, lifestyles, etc.

The nearest stab I can take at this is to say that I'm pretty much always in one plateau or another. I get maybe 3 months of the year every year when all of my lifts keep going up, the rest of the time a few of my lifts stall. I average about 7 different lifts, so between 3-5 of those stall or make tiny amounts of progress, but it's not much of a stress because in a month or so the lifts that stalled will progress in leaps and bounds and those that were doing well will likely stall.

The human body doesn't work with linear progression. It will do what it's going to do, the key to riding out the highs and lows is to keep doing your best and incrementally improve your diet and lifestyle.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.