Thread: Need motivation

MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need motivation

I've been going to the gym for around a year now, and for the first 9-10 months I've absolutely smashed it going most weeks 7 days a week sometimes twice a day. But i've recently been diagnosed with depression, and it's really affecting my motivation, i really wanna use the gym but I just cant get the motivation to do it. I think if i had a clear schedule to do at the gym i'd have more motivation to go. Im looking to get lean and defined, I'm already quite defined, but I'd like a new schedule

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Buddy,I know where you're coming from: I've battled depression off & on for some time.At first the dr. gave me a Rx for Paxil,I went to work,paid bills,etc. but my personality was gone-I felt like a zombie-took myself off it altogether.I find exercise to be the best anti-depressant,and by far the best stress buster.

I don't know what your gym routine is but I can give you my throughts,I am a trainer/attendant/bodybuilder.First off,start with a 10-15 warm-up on cardio [treadmill,bike,rower,etc.] .If you're tireing of freeweights,may I suggest some machine work and/or cables to make your workouts more interesting.

By the way,I think 7 days a week working out is overtraining,you're not giving your body enough of a chance to recover/rest. That could also figure in on your lack of motivation.Hopefully you're doing 2 whey protein shakes a day,which should help you.Walmart carries it a lot cheaper than the supplement stores.

If you're not sure about an exercise,or want to know how to use a machine,ask one of the attendants for advice.I really want you to return to the gym.I think you will feel much better.And good luck.

MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonsterGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Steron99 View Post
    Hi Buddy,I know where you're coming from: I've battled depression off & on for some time.At first the dr. gave me a Rx for Paxil,I went to work,paid bills,etc. but my personality was gone-I felt like a zombie-took myself off it altogether.I find exercise to be the best anti-depressant,and by far the best stress buster.

I don't know what your gym routine is but I can give you my throughts,I am a trainer/attendant/bodybuilder.First off,start with a 10-15 warm-up on cardio [treadmill,bike,rower,etc.] .If you're tireing of freeweights,may I suggest some machine work and/or cables to make your workouts more interesting.

By the way,I think 7 days a week working out is overtraining,you're not giving your body enough of a chance to recover/rest. That could also figure in on your lack of motivation.Hopefully you're doing 2 whey protein shakes a day,which should help you.Walmart carries it a lot cheaper than the supplement stores.

If you're not sure about an exercise,or want to know how to use a machine,ask one of the attendants for advice.I really want you to return to the gym.I think you will feel much better.And good luck.
    It's horrible mate! i know exactly how u feel, i do feel after the gym i feel a lot better about myself but it's getting the motivation to go which is the hardest, but thanks for your help. One of my issues is that i smoke so cardio is very hard for me although i used to be very active and
    fit, it'd take me ages to get fit again. I use USN's Whey GH3 protein, it's good. Take a look at a few pics ive just uploaded on the photo section, i wouldn't mind someone taking a guess at my body fat %. Thanks pal

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I could say something about you quitting smokeing but I won't!

One of the best motivations is the mirror,you know you'd like a gym/beach body.It can happen.I see it everyday.At my gym we have 2 brothers,both special needs,the most severe was obese,he decided to lose weight and he did it in double quick time,bless his heart.If he can get the fire in his belly to come to the gym and make wonderful changes,so. can. you.You already look good,it would be fun to fine tune that.And it would be a goal that would perhaps take you mind off the depression.Please believe me,i'm not beating you up,i'm trying to think of ways to motivate you,cuz I know where you're coming from all to well.I think once you get to the gym you'll be more inclined to do some exercise,perhaps discover some others,have a support system of people around you there,you never know.I'll check back in later on to see how you're doing.I wanna hear good things now,okay?

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your mind will always tell you to quit.
    You will always be tired, or sore, or sick, or just not motivated.

There will always be something.

You need to be the master of yourself.
    Do something, drag your ass to action. It wont be easy, but it'll be worth it.

I am not saying this as someone fortified by naivety, so I trust you wont dismiss my words lightly. I've been almost every definition of mentally ****ed up that I could be over the past 10 years or so, starting with depression and following a slippery slope into some bad habits and lifestyle choices. The end result though, is that whatever exists in our own mind is what we have to deal with, and what you make from it is within your power. You're not a slave to your mind; it's your tool, not your master.

Train. If you need a set routine, google one or grab one from this site. Keep things simple: big compound exercises, and train every muscle group you can. What's important is that you spend time at the gym, and are vigilant in the kitchen.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.