MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000)

SERIOUS PROBLEM: How do I deal with this?

Hey all, I'm preparing my whole body for one single date and that's it. The date is September 10th 2015.

I'm spending so much time and energy lifting weights and English isn't my first language so I'm studying English for 2-3 hours every day all for the purpose of this one particular date.

My serious problem is this:
    What happens if something happens like:
    -- My piece of junk car malfunctions on the day and I miss the event

OR

--I get sick on the day of the event and I'm only able to perform at 30% my normal rate?

OR

--The whole event gets completely cancelled for some unforeseeable reason(There's no 2nd chance) 5 days before the date and I've wasted so much time and energy since everything I do on a daily basis is exclusively for this one date: all the lifting weights, doing cardio, learning English is all for nothing...

What can I do???

EDIT: Fixed up grammar.

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whoa! whoa! I hear a lot of "what if"s,but what if all these problems don't happen?! You'll have worried for nothing! I know we all worry,but you'll have to calm down or you'll burnout long before that date.

Take deep breaths and calm yourself.You can't control the world,the planet,or other people.Live for TODAY.Not tomorrow,not yesterday-I know,easier said than done...but you must try.

Getting yourself all worked up is hurting you,not helping you.Do things that relax you.And good luck to you.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your life wont boil down to one day. You're not living a movie script where success or failure is absolute. Whatever this event is, if it goes well, you'll still need to back it up the next day or it wont mean ****. If it goes bad, well you're going to have the rest of your life laid out in front of you to do something epic with.

Don't freak out about what might go wrong.

With that being said, don't leave space in your mind for failure. If you let thoughts of failure creep into your mind, you'll create a real failure. Everything is mental: Act as if you're going to succeed. Stop thinking about what might go wrong, and start thinking about what you can do to better yourself for your event.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If the date gets canceled, you'll still be a better english speaker and you'll still have a better body. Those are resources you can use for other things. No effort is wasted.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretraifor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, it seems that this date is VERY important to you. But from your post I can't understand why? Have previous dates been unsuccessful in some way?
    http://strengthtrainingfor.blogspot.com (my blog)

HOW I INCREASED MY STRENGTH by 40 LBS in 2 WEEKS:

"After using the program for two weeks I decided to test my strength <...>

I tied the kettlebells to my belt, put my hands on the "school desk - dipping station" and began to do dipsBut...It was TOO EASY! I am not kidding I added 110 of additional weight and it felt EASIER than 70 lbs 2 weeks ago!"

your knucking futs InebriatedBrah's Avatar
    InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) InebriatedBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just dont stress and keep positive i am sure it will all work out ok

MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000) MoonWalker0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I just got some really bad news.... the event is cancelled. It sucks so much because I had put so much effort into preparing for it and now I've lost that 'guiding force' that was guiding all of my behaviour: what I ate, how I exercised, what I studied and my whole day was all about getting ready for this event...

Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This event shouldn't be your guiding force. Your guiding force should be your own self improvement. The event is nothing more than a milestone and they change all the time. Now go get ready for you. Keep that date in your mind and set a goal for that date. Even with no event, you still have a date to get to a certain point. For example, the girl I've been seeing has a competition the end of August. I'm using that date to get my body to a certain point. The actual event I'm not in, but I now have a target date. I always work hard, but I can now tailor my routines to meet this day.
    ErgoGenix ErgoZzz log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167645251&p=1365912691#post1365912691

NEVERSUMMER Snowboard Brah
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Sunkin' Guns Crew

Originally Posted by Sleev-les View Post
    This event shouldn't be your guiding force. Your guiding force should be your own self improvement. The event is nothing more than a milestone and they change all the time. Now go get ready for you. Keep that date in your mind and set a goal for that date. Even with no event, you still have a date to get to a certain point. For example, the girl I've been seeing has a competition the end of August. I'm using that date to get my body to a certain point. The actual event I'm not in, but I now have a target date. I always work hard, but I can now tailor my routines to meet this day.
    Wow, man thanks! That's really great advice!

I feel like I'd have more motivation if I had an event I was preparing for so I can think to myself "Okay, this event is coming up on September 10th so I want to make sure I'm as best prepared as possible." Thinking this really helped me, but now I'm at a loss now that the event is cancelled as I lost my 'guiding force'...