MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you guys do for pain while lifting ???

Im trying to build for strength, but it seems as if other people deal with pain much easier than i do when trying to lift. Im not talking joint pain, im talking about that pain you get when trying to get those last few reps up. Dont get me wrong I still push myself into getting those last few reps up most of the time, but sometimes I end up feeling extremely weak/light headed afterwards. Combine that with the agonizing pain you get from lifting and it just seems to shoot my motivation down. I dont take any pre-workout supplements or anything. Do you guys have any advice as to what I should do to gain motivation into getting those last few reps up. I feel as though there are pro strength athletes who either has the sheer will, or the sheer medication to get them through those last few lifts.

MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadeIt2Sayit2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump...

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not quite sure what pain you're referring to. You shouldn't really be in pain while lifting. Sure when you're exerting yourself you'll have a lactic acid buildup and general discomfort from moving against resistance but pain? Naaah.

The light headedness may be a breathing issue or you're not eating enough or eating too soon before your workout. I'm just guessing here.

As for motivation for the last few reps, the goal you're working towards should be motivation enough.
    A pattern in the chaos.

That kid who WILL make it BroWhoLifts150's Avatar
    BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Train insane or remain the same

"Nothing easy ever led to something great" -Me

SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What do you guys do for pain while lifting ???

stop.
    Smarten up? NO! SPARTAN UP!

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MadeIt2Sayit2 View Post
    I end up feeling extremely weak/light headed afterwards.
    Are you holding your breath for too long?

Gonna givr hell on July26 NaturalproMJG's Avatar
    NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do your ears ever ring? Or do you feel nausea when light headed? If yes most likely low blood sugar.

Translation - eat closer to your workout, even sip a sports drink during your workout.
    Personal Trainer and contest prep coach
    Natural Bodybuilder {}-----{}
    www.martyswaypersonaltraining.com
    Instagram : marty_gabriele
    Pinterest : Marty's Way Personal Training

mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NaturalproMJG View Post
    Do your ears ever ring? Or do you feel nausea when light headed? If yes most likely low blood sugar.

Translation - eat closer to your workout, even sip a sports drink during your workout.
    Yeah the lightheadedness can be not so good lol.

But in terms of pushing yourself, I think it takes some form of aggression. Some sort of emotive push, after all what's making you lift in the first place? We're not robots it all starts with thought. That's another side of the mind-muscle (body) connection not everyone talks about. It's not just "feeling" the movement, but controlling it in a sense, in regards to the mental "fuel" you feed it. I think if you look at, not just bodybuilders and weightlifters, but any elite or successful athlete, they know exactly what makes them do what they do, and nearly all of them seem to call on some sort of aggression, anger, etc.

I think the pain is good I wouldn't say "stop" when you start to feel the pain. I think elliot hulse talks about this as the "transcendent rep," and dorian yates in regards to training "past failure." I certainly wouldn't stop, you just need to have a mental push. Working out isn't supposed to be pain-free / easy. You're supposed to be putting a heavy demand / load on your body if you want it to change / adapt.

But diet/meal timing may be an issue. Idk what you're reasons for not taking pre workouts are. But Im def a stim guy and find it helps a lot. I've been talking 1mr for a while, and I never get that burst of energy and focus I got the first couple containers I went thru (caffein tolerance is a bitch..) but it seems to change my mood even however subtle it may be. Maybe it's psychological but it still seems to help me.

I also workout fasted / on an empty stomach, but sometimes I feel I just need SOMETHING before hand, whether it be a little fruit, or some chicken/rice a little while before. I think it's just a matter of finding how you respond to these things.

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    smoke some weed

mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100) mikltov is not very well liked. (-100)
    Gotta stop sometime

Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like others said, you shouldn't lift through actual physical pain but if you are referring to discomfort or "the burn" from lactic acid, it is really a mind-body connection thing. It is all mental, you have to stop running from the discomfort and try to embrace it, knowing that the short term "pain" will equal long terms gains. Easier said than done but try working on it.

An intraworkout - BCAA's, will also likely help a little.
    Last edited by Canuck77; 07-20-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    THE LEVRONE 2016 MR. OLYMPIA COMEBACK
    (Official announcement through Special Invite as of 05/07/16)

"Kick ass, stay strong, keep pumping up the volume baby...Maryland Muscle Machine in the house and we are SHABAMMM!!! outta' here!"

- Kevin Levrone

dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Other then joint pain, the only pain you can get is the latic acid building up, and if its really unbearable you are probably going to failure to much. I find the best way to go to about 80% and maybe go all out on the last exercise and last set.Although it might be hard for you to accept but sometimes less is more, Just because you can get your muscle burning beyond belief with multiple drops sets etc does not mean its going to grow quicker, it may actually make you get smaller, people are not same as pros you see on youtube. For the natural athlete I think its more about getting stronger, and stimulating the muscle rather then feeling the burn, doing really slow negatives and all the other fancy crap. Just do a good warm up, do a couple of warm up sets and 3 working sets per exercise train to about 80% of your max effort on each set, do resistance training 3 times a week and do cardio 3x a week and eat balanced meals at least 3x a day and try and get your protein to about 1g per lb of bodyweight.

This approach may seem simple, but will probably get you better results the vast array of info out there.

Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Synthesizer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You see, op, they've done studies, and they found that in any workout that relies on tension, from a school of judokas or say even a professional powerlifting team for example, these experts have identified pain as the number one single key to success.