Registered User needtogetbig100's Avatar
    needtogetbig100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Training body parts twice a week?

I was just wondering if there's parts of my body I should train twice or three times a week? Would that make any difference? I'm mainly concerned with getting bigger shoulders, bis, tris, as well as a bigger chest. My legs and calves imo look fine and I'm not too concerned with getting a six pack. Is there really any benefit of training legs other than if you play a sport, want them to look bigger, or want a stronger core? I'm also not sure what kind of split I should be doing. I read so many articles and never know what to believe.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Train legs. Just do it as a matter of good practice. You don't have a compelling reason not to (your mind will create some, but they're all BS).
    They have a huge impact on how the rest of your body functions. Amongst other things they'll improve or protect the health of your back, generate a ton more power for any upperbody movements you do, and if all you care about is aesthetics, well when the rest of you is jacked you're not going to want skinny little legs.

Train 'em. Just do it and don't think too much about it.

Training frequency per body part is a much broader subject that you'll get a lot of different answers on. tbh, it mostly boils down to how heavy you're going. If you're doing max efforts, once or twice a week will about do it. If you're only going to about 80% of your 1 rep maximum then I'd be looking at 3+ times per week.

With that being said, it's going to be a good idea to do both high and low frequency at different times. Start with whatever makes sense to you, and in 6 months (or more) when you hit a plateau, switch to the other for a while.
    Building up your work capacity is very, very important, and in my opinion it's not a bad idea to just start out training with fairly high frequency across the board for a few months just so that your body adapts to lots of training, then start seriously increasing the weight. Spend more time in the gym and require less time recovering.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

pandatracking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I divide my body into two ..upper and lower..I workout for chest and biceps in day 1 and next day I workout for legs and bums.

Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tumsinmuhbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're not at the very minimum hitting squat, bench, and deadlifts then you're cheating yourself. Do the work right and you'll see large gains in all areas. Pick a plan from the workouts stickies on the forum and you'll be very happy with the results if you can at least stick with it for six weeks.
    I pick things up and put them down.

TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by needtogetbig100 View Post
    I was just wondering if there's parts of my body I should train twice or three times a week? Would that make any difference? I'm mainly concerned with getting bigger shoulders, bis, tris, as well as a bigger chest. My legs and calves imo look fine and I'm not too concerned with getting a six pack. Is there really any benefit of training legs other than if you play a sport, want them to look bigger, or want a stronger core? I'm also not sure what kind of split I should be doing. I read so many articles and never know what to believe.
    Training legs helps release growth hormone and testosterone, training them will help u make gains in other areas more easily.
    Greatness is a consistent habit not a once in a while thing. www.IllerArt1.com

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey ! I can't speak for everyone but what I do are full body workouts,3 times a week.It's a great alternative to just doing body parts,plus you get it done and it saves you time.Just do it every other day [for recovery & rest] and it makes life simpler.

And yes,i've built lots of muscle this way,there's no danger of overtraining,if that's what you fear...