luthors has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Can someone recommend me a decent treadmill?

I know this question has been asked several times but looking at those threads, they were pretty aged.

So I want to get a good treadmill under $3K as I plan to use it at least twice a day, 7 days a week. Not to mention the wife would use it once a day herself. It's gotta have some good warranty in case it breaks down.

Here's what I need it for:

HIIT (30min a day)
    Running (1 hour in the morning, one hour at night)
    Running (Wife also using it for one hour of running a day)

I live in Ontario in Canada and wanted to ask anyone here who has any advice for me on what treadmill I can buy. Don't mention Norditrack as I already read the bad reviews about them. Was going to go with life fitness but they are $6K...can't afford that on a treadmill.

Some people say to run outside but I got a family and I'm a stay-at-home dad so it's almost impossible for me to get out of the house.

Any advice from the pro's please help me out. I prefer to get a new treadmill as a used one could cause problems and not covered by any warranty.

Anyone?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You're way ahead of the curve; most such treadmill threads here start out with opie stating he's looking for a "good" treadmill for $200. Not gonna happen.

With your budget, look at any of the top commercial machines such as from Cybex, LifeFitness, or Vision Fitness. Can't go wrong with any of them. Even a reconditioned piece from any of the above manufacturers would be a good choice.

Stay away from consumer-level machines such as sold by WallyWorld or Dick's; there might be a good one in there somewhere, but for the most part, their stuff is junk, built in some back-alley Chinese sweatshop, and will break down on you and leave you with no chance of getting parts or repairs.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you looking at commercial or "home gym" quality?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look for a used commercial unit. A while ago I picked up a used Precor (couple hundred bucks) and reconditioned it myself (couple hundred more). All in all, well under $1,000 and it's a solid unit that should last a while with 2 users.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Looking for commercial as im gonna be using it everyday. There are so many models not sure which specific model would be good.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by luthors View Post
    Looking for commercial as im gonna be using it everyday. There are so many models not sure which specific model would be good.
    You'll have to pull up the specs on each machine you're considering, look over the specific features that appeal to you, and then make your choice based on your requirements.

Again though, any of the commercial machines should serve you well for many years. All of them are built to be used 24/7, 365 by fatasses, and to withstand that beating with only basic regular maintenance. I'd think a single user would never live long enough to wear the machine out.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Well I'm contacting a few companies now and boy they are above 6k. Looking for a used one now and see what the warranty is like.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Vision T40 Classic, Life Fitness T5 GO for heavy frame units or If you can find a dealer Lifespan TR7000i. My all time favorite treadmill. MSRP is high but we sell them close to 3k on sale. (US dollars) Our Reman stuff runs in the mid 2-4k range for Truly rebuilt commercial units but I do not know the Canadian market so may be harder to find those there.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    Vision T40 Classic, Life Fitness T5 GO for heavy frame units or If you can find a dealer Lifespan TR7000i. My all time favorite treadmill. MSRP is high but we sell them close to 3k on sale. (US dollars) Our Reman stuff runs in the mid 2-4k range for Truly rebuilt commercial units but I do not know the Canadian market so may be harder to find those there.
    Ill look into the lifespan tr7000i. Still having trouble finding a reliable dealer here. Do you know if the life fitness club series is any better than the ones you mentioned?
    Last edited by luthors; 06-13-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If there is any local equipment repair places around your area I would ask them what is easiest to repair or look at the online parts dealers and see what is easiest to find parts for, that is more important than some sort of warranty which may or may not mean anything.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Anyone else have any thoughts on the Lifespan TR7000i?

I love some of the features they have and the price almost seems right for it. If I can find it for $3000 that would be amazing.