grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Teen Me vs. Middle Age Me

Just for fun really...but kind of interesting (to me anyway)

PREFACE:

I was taking some "progress pictures" last night, and on a whim put this semi-relaxed picture next to this picture of me in roughly the same position from the days of my youth (one of the earliest pictures I have with my shirt off).

YOUNG ME:

I was 18 or 19 in this picture. I had been working out for about 2 years (give or take a couple months). The first year was pretty much me learning with one of those 110 lb. weight sets and a cheap Joe Weider bench. I knew nothing about nutrition, and the only thing I did in that regard was drink a homemade protein shake after my workout which was basically eggnog (4 raw eggs in a 3 or 4 cups of milk with some sugar and nutmeg). The second year was all Nautilus Machines, using some of Arthur Jones ideas, like super sets and a lot of training past failure and negative reps.

INTERMISSION:

I worked out for about 5 more years after this, a year of that I was a trainer in a health club, and 4 years at an army gym. The only thing I ever measured were my arms, which peaked out at just under 17" with a body fat around 10%. After I got out of the army and didn't have a free gym to work out, a "break" turned into years. I briefly started working out again at age 32, but only for a year or two before stopping again.

MIDDLE AGE ME:

So this is me now at age 46 (almost 47). I've been at it religiously for a little over 4 years now (I was 145 lbs. when I started), have a great home gym, and doubt I will ever stop lifting again. Now it's more about looking and feeling good and holding off age as long as possible. I do, however, still use bodybuilding style training, intensity, and diet. Going has been slow though, gained about 10 pounds my first couple months working out, about 5 more pounds the rest of that year, and another 5 pounds the last 3 years or so. I only eat a bit above maintenance, because if I eat more than a couple hundred calories above it all goes to my waistline. Also, I've had problems with Acid Reflux and digestion problems, and my diet and eating patters are more based around healthy digestion and avoiding acid reflux (and thus avoiding the medication doctors wanted to push on me for the rest of my life).

THOUGHTS:

Well, first thought is...I'll never look like a bodybuilder. Ha ha. I had a poster of Mohamed Makkawy on my wall when I started lifting (I still have it tucked away in my old Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding). I had read an article where one of the pros said he had been training for 5 years...so naturally I thought I'd look like that in 5 years. Ha ha. Not only did I not know about nutrition and genetics...there was that other little element of bodybuilding I had no idea about (that I'm sure glad I didn't get a hold of when I was young and stupid!). All these years later, and much wiser, I still look in the mirror every day hoping I magically acquire that "look" that separates you from being a "guy in good shape" from a bodybuilder. Ha ha, guess we never get some ideals out of our system.

Second thought...What happened to my waist? So thick and blocky compared to young me. I don't look particularly "fat" there, but definitely thicker. My oblique's are more developed, and have a small layer of fat on them, which doesn't help the look. When I was young I didn't deadlift or do any ab work. A strong core is good...but it sure is less attractive. Oh well, I guess lots of guys "young and old" comparisons would stack up a lot worse.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Just for fun really...but kind of interesting (to me anyway)

PREFACE:

I was taking some "progress pictures" last night, and on a whim put this semi-relaxed picture next to this picture of me in roughly the same position from the days of my youth (one of the earliest pictures I have with my shirt off).

YOUNG ME:

I was 18 or 19 in this picture. I had been working out for about 2 years (give or take a couple months). The first year was pretty much me learning with one of those 110 lb. weight sets and a cheap Joe Weider bench. I knew nothing about nutrition, and the only thing I did in that regard was drink a homemade protein shake after my workout which was basically eggnog (4 raw eggs in a 3 or 4 cups of milk with some sugar and nutmeg). The second year was all Nautilus Machines, using some of Arthur Jones ideas, like super sets and a lot of training past failure and negative reps.

INTERMISSION:

I worked out for about 5 more years after this, a year of that I was a trainer in a health club, and 4 years at an army gym. The only thing I ever measured were my arms, which peaked out at just under 17" with a body fat around 10%. After I got out of the army and didn't have a free gym to work out, a "break" turned into years. I briefly started working out again at age 32, but only for a year or two before stopping again.

MIDDLE AGE ME:

So this is me now at age 46 (almost 47). I've been at it religiously for a little over 4 years now (I was 145 lbs. when I started), have a great home gym, and doubt I will ever stop lifting again. Now it's more about looking and feeling good and holding off age as long as possible. I do, however, still use bodybuilding style training, intensity, and diet. Going has been slow though, gained about 10 pounds my first couple months working out, about 5 more pounds the rest of that year, and another 5 pounds the last 3 years or so. I only eat a bit above maintenance, because if I eat more than a couple hundred calories above it all goes to my waistline. Also, I've had problems with Acid Reflux and digestion problems, and my diet and eating patters are more based around healthy digestion and avoiding acid reflux (and thus avoiding the medication doctors wanted to push on me for the rest of my life).

THOUGHTS:

Well, first thought is...I'll never look like a bodybuilder. Ha ha. I had a poster of Mohamed Makkawy on my wall when I started lifting (I still have it tucked away in my old Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding). I had read an article where one of the pros said he had been training for 5 years...so naturally I thought I'd look like that in 5 years. Ha ha. Not only did I not know about nutrition and genetics...there was that other little element of bodybuilding I had no idea about (that I'm sure glad I didn't get a hold of when I was young and stupid!). All these years later, and much wiser, I still look in the mirror every day hoping I magically acquire that "look" that separates you from being a "guy in good shape" from a bodybuilder. Ha ha, guess we never get some ideals out of our system.

Second thought...What happened to my waist? So thick and blocky compared to young me. I don't look particularly "fat" there, but definitely thicker. My oblique's are more developed, and have a small layer of fat on them, which doesn't help the look. When I was young I didn't deadlift or do any ab work. A strong core is good...but it sure is less attractive. Oh well, I guess lots of guys "young and old" comparisons would stack up a lot worse.

If itll make you feel better, Id never put my teen pics up with 8% bf next to middle aged guy.

then, looked cut/ripped and wanted more size...

now...look like powerlifter, still want more size

of all the bodybuilders to compare yourself too....mohammed makkawy might have had one of wildest physiques ever ha ha. tough to get that.

the blocky waist thing , I think that comes from heavy pulls and squats. your thoughts?
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    the blocky waist thing , I think that comes from heavy pulls and squats. your thoughts?
    The core of my workouts (after the year of Nautilus) has always been basic compound stuff, with various rep and set schemes...so yeah, possibly, if theory is correct.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The core of my workouts (after the year of Nautilus) has always been basic compound stuff, with various rep and set schemes...so yeah, possibly, if theory is correct.
    I have heard of hips spreading from heavy deadlifts and squats.

NO idea if its just bro science or whatever but my own build is quite blocky compared to what it was in young 20s. But I am also 100 lbs heavier. so duh.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have nearly no pictures of my teen years.

In simple terms I was Fat. But it was when I was 15 and weighing in at 255lbs that I was taught how to lift weights by the most understanding headmaster (former commonwealth weight lifter)

Now not so much fat around and so much happier. But still remember his old teachings.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, thanks for sharing. If I knew then what i know now... I was a 140 bean pole at 6' tall. I'm finally gaining muscle but fighting the middle age spread. It's all relative. We're better off than we would be (certainly compared to the majority of people our age)

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I wouldn't worry about the bigger waist. You've probably got bigger legs than you had as a teen, too. You look good, and the only one who would find anything to criticize about your build is you.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think your waist looks more attractive now, to be honest. I like the developed obliques.

I found two similar pics of me, age 17 and (being ill, and my training on a lengthy pause and dressed as Lara Croft for a costume party) age 37. What I feel like when I see them... well, when you're a teenager/early twenties, most things work for you. I look good for my age and I am satisfied with that. BUT - I wish I knew then how fun and rewarding it is with weight lifting.
    Attached Images

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish that I would have been smart enough to start lifting in my teens. At that age I weighed maybe 110 lbs with rocks in my pockets.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's a pretty cool idea. I was a swimmer in high school and this pic was when I was 17 or 18. Was never heavy on the weights back then and frankly was not into anything until I hit about 44-45. Not sure I can get that teen shape back but am more than happy to make it my goal.

The pain is short term. The benefits are long term.

Over 40 Transformation of the week:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-chuck-young-staged-a-comeback-at-49.html

Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, first thought is...I'll never look like a bodybuilder. Ha ha. I had a poster of Mohamed Makkawy on my wall when I started lifting (I still have it tucked away in my old Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding). I had read an article where one of the pros said he had been training for 5 years...so naturally I thought I'd look like that in 5 years. Ha ha. Not only did I not know about nutrition and genetics...there was that other little element of bodybuilding I had no idea about (that I'm sure glad I didn't get a hold of when I was young and stupid!). All these years later, and much wiser, I still look in the mirror every day hoping I magically acquire that "look" that separates you from being a "guy in good shape" from a bodybuilder.
    I really enjoyed your post OP- thanks for sharing the photos

I guess it all depends on what you mean by "looking like a bodybuilder."

It has been about 3 weeks since I participated in my first bodybuilding competition, and I've already managed to gain back a significant chunk of the weight I lost during my prep. I was looking in the mirror this morning, and my body has a healthy/beefy look again. I look thicker and more muscular in clothes, but I have lost that "bodybuilder look" that I had when I was sliced and diced for the competition...

I don't feel like I looked like a bodybuilder until I got my bodyfat down significantly. I was never overweight, but the extremely low body fat definitely helps create an illusion of size. That said, another factor that I came to terms with during my competition prep is that I am a lightweight. Using illegal drugs to get massive is something altogether different, but as far as NATURAL bodybuilding goes, I think you have to embrace your body type and be realistic about the kind of bodybuilder look that is attainable. I know I'll never look like a monstrous heavyweight, for instance, but there are different types of builds in this sport.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I always like these threads.

Me at 17:

Me at 37:

Me at 43:

CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    I always like these threads.

Me at 17:

Me at 37:

Me at 43:

AWESOME change
    JESUS LIVES FOREVER!!!

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thread, need to find some young pics of me.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look good man. As for the waist thing, I think you considerably leaner in the young pic. You are not "fat" now by any means and have a nice distribution of body fat. (something many of us wish we had vs "problem areas". Regardless....your waist is still the same.....your hips did not "grow". Maybe a touch of oblique development, but mostly just extra fluff compared to a very lean young pic.

As I said....looking good man.

I'll share too.

Me at 18

Me at 22 almost 50lbs heavier naturally

Then.....out of gym for almost a decade. This was my "comeback" in less than 3 months again "naturally".

Comparison pics of me after 3 months of training to my pics at 22 (even found the same old shorts)

Now....5 years back of steady training, (but no longer 100% natural just for full disclosure....To be clear though....not really anything "crazy". It has allowed me to hit about 8lbs heavier than my all time peak "natural" weight).

I am not desiring to really get any "bigger" and if I did I am not willing to do what it would take to do it. I train for a balance of strength and fitness, so I am pretty comfortable being just under 200lbs and reasonably well rounded strength wise for a guy in his 40's. Learning to live the disciplined lifestyle has been my biggest challenge to stay lean. This past year has been very rewarding though in that regard.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great thread, Grubman. Whether you look like a bodybuilder or not, at least you're doing something. MUCH better than sitting on the couch eating Cheetos.

@Busta....

Dat

Hair

Doe

Really great work over the years!

@Cryoung...nice pics, then and now.

@ID...you always have the best progress pics. It's really cool to see the changes you've made. CAN'T BELIEVE THE FIRST PIC IS YOU! Nicely done.

cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mmmmmm, Cheetos

Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    Great thread, Grubman. Whether you look like a bodybuilder or not, at least you're doing something. MUCH better than sitting on the couch eating Cheetos.

@Busta....

Dat

Hair

Doe

@Cryoung...nice pics, then and now.

@ID...you always have the best progress pics. It's really cool to see the changes you've made. CAN'T BELIEVE THE FIRST PIC IS YOU! Nicely done.
    The pain is short term. The benefits are long term.

Over 40 Transformation of the week:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-chuck-young-staged-a-comeback-at-49.html

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    As for the waist thing, I think you considerably leaner in the young pic.
    ^^^This. Plus you can't discount visceral fat adding to the girth of the waist, either.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post

@Busta....

Dat

Hair

Doe

Ha, yeah, I laugh at my hair everytime I see that pic. Thanks, Holly

mmmmmmmmmmm, cheetos!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    ^^^This. Plus you can't discount visceral fat adding to the girth of the waist, either.
    ^^ This. Do a proper 12-16 week contest prep and watch the waist lose it's blocky appearance. Been there...

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cryoung View Post
    mmmmmm, Cheetos
    Those or Cheese Doodles.

Ha, yeah, I laugh at my hair everytime I see that pic. Thanks, Holly

mmmmmmmmmmm, cheetos!!!!!!!!!!!

I love me some Cheetos, so it's the first thing that came to mind. I just don't combine the couch-sitting with the Cheetos-eating too much.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since I was a wrestler I ended up having to wrestle chicks in pools of jello for beer money in college I'm guessing I was 21 in this pic or pretty close and not in a lean stage but training.

Then I joined the workforce stopped training and got fat for a little over a decade....

Now trying to get back into shape for the last 16 months, this is from 6/1/15

Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the bigger waist. You've probably got bigger legs than you had as a teen, too.
    Ha ha, sure do. My legs won't win me any contests, but I trained the first two years without doing any leg work, and about another year before I got serious about it.

Originally Posted by kgrrl View Post
    I think your waist looks more attractive now, to be honest. I like the developed obliques.
    Thanks. Actually my SO says the same thing. She loves me no matter what, but likes me about 10 pounds heavier, even if the abs start to fade.

Originally Posted by Flipperman2a2w View Post
    I guess it all depends on what you mean by "looking like a bodybuilder."
    True, it's a subjective label these days...but for me it will always the 70s pros in all those (non competition) magazine photos where they were probably at around 12 percent body fat.

Awesome pics and changes from everyone else...it's especially nice to see I'm not alone when it comes to making a "comeback".

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Then.....out of gym for almost a decade. This was my "comeback" in less than 3 months again "naturally".
    I never saw that strip of photos of you before...that's an impressive comeback! Wish I had that thickness.

^^ This. Do a proper 12-16 week contest prep and watch the waist lose it's blocky appearance. Been there...
    Yeah, probably...unfortunately I start to get thin fast when I loose weight. I tried "dieting" (eating about 100 calories below maintenance and counting all the macros) for 2 months last year. Got some nice abs...but got thin very fast. I'm very thin naturally and loosing the small amount of bulk I have was depressing. Hardly looked like I worked out in clothes, and the SO felt I was getting to thin too.

Believe it or not, I wasn't even flexing my abs...This was a picture to see if I could pull off red pants (I couldn't).

Originally Posted by CHILDOFGO12 View Post
    AWESOME change
    I agree, skinny, to fat, to bodybuilder! Impressive bustasinclair.

Yeah, probably...unfortunately I start to get thin fast when I loose weight. I tried "dieting" (eating about 100 calories below maintenance and counting all the macros) for 2 months last year. Got some nice abs...but got thin very fast. I'm very thin naturally and loosing the small amount of bulk I have was depressing. Hardly looked like I worked out in clothes, and the SO felt I was getting to thin too.

Believe it or not, I wasn't even flexing my abs...This was a picture to see if I could pull off red pants (I couldn't).
    Dude, you look great in that picture. Very few natural bodybuilders look like they lift in clothes. I know I don't and I'm not even natural. It's just how it is. Unless you have biceps like Induced Drag, get used to looking like you don't lift in looser clothing.

I agree, skinny, to fat, to bodybuilder! Impressive bustasinclair.
    Thanks man!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless you have biceps like Induced Drag, get used to looking like you don't lift in looser clothing.
    Same holds true for me too. Especially after dropping weight, it is much harder to fill out clothes these days. Now if we all had tailors,....well our clothes would fit us much better and it would be easier to see in street clothes what is underneath.

Actually, I like 'hiding out' under my clothes at times. I dont always like being defined by my body. People have a lot of pre-conceived notions about people that look like "bodybuilders". I just like not having to deal with that stuff at times. For business casual or a school meeting, a xl short sleeve button down completely camouflages one's build. (for the most part.)

Being fatter, I felt "big" in clothes and look it. Now.....not so much. But if I take off my shirt now or wear a tank-top, people comment much more on the appearance of size.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice work man, thick, solid, tight.

I wish I would have more pics of me back then to compare. All I have are vague memories No FB back then.
    I rep back, just ask pls.

me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) me5001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Since I was a wrestler I ended up having to wrestle chicks in pools of jello for beer money in college I'm guessing I was 21 in this pic or pretty close and not in a lean stage but training.

Then I joined the workforce stopped training and got fat for a little over a decade....

Now trying to get back into shape for the last 16 months, this is from 6/1/15

First, I'm jealous of the wrestling

Second, great work man!
    I rep back, just ask pls.