BlaineMatthews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

football and wrestling

I'm a 15 year old freshman at 5'10 1/2, 168 lbs, and roughly 17% body fat. I wrestle and play football. I play D-End and my coach says I need to be around 185 by season if I want any chance at making varsity. However, being at 17% body fat, my wrestling coach is strongly suggesting that I cut down a weight class or two. I have no idea what to do. I want to be the best I can at both sports without having to choose between the two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BlaineMatthews View Post
    I'm a 15 year old freshman at 5'10 1/2, 168 lbs, and roughly 17% body fat. I wrestle and play football. I play D-End and my coach says I need to be around 185 by season if I want any chance at making varsity. However, being at 17% body fat, my wrestling coach is strongly suggesting that I cut down a weight class or two. I have no idea what to do. I want to be the best I can at both sports without having to choose between the two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    If you're already 17% bf at 168, why would you even consider going up to 185? Defensive end is an athletic position. You can't just be a tub of lard and make varsity. However, if you do want to go up to 185, know that it won't be too hard to drop down to 138-145 by the end of wrestling (because post season is all that really matters)
    Squat: 285
    Press: 135
    Clean: 205
    Snatch: 145

No horse girls crew
    Parents think I'm gay crew
    Dragonball crew

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I stopped wrestling for this reason. Eating at a caloric deficit, especially one as extreme as wrestlers do will destroy your gains. Gains that are imperative for success on the football field. There will always be great football players who are great wrestlers as well, but that's simply because those people are just insane athletes. They could probably be great basketball or soccer players if they wanted to. You pretty much gotta pick one over the other.

ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BlaineMatthews View Post
    Maintain your weight by gaining muscle mass and eliminating body fat. Their for you can be flexible and weigh a lot.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ballerballer View Post
    Maintain your weight by gaining muscle mass and eliminating body fat. Their for you can be flexible and weigh a lot.
    I dont think you understand how it works.

JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    I dont think you understand how it works.
    He's 15, not a veteran bodybuilder.

You can 100% build muscle mass and eliminate body fat at the same time.
    Started 4/1/2015

S 355
    B 245
    D 405

Sn 98 kg
    CJ 115 kg

185 BW

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JihadShark View Post

Caloric surplus leads to increase fat. Now, Someone who weigh 190 at 13% bf is going to look better than someone who weighs 150 at 10% bf, but its still more.

Appreciate your wisdom after 10 weeks of exercising. Let me know how you are doing at week 16.

JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JihadShark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Caloric surplus leads to increase fat. Now, Someone who weigh 190 at 13% bf is going to look better than someone who weighs 150 at 10% bf, but its still more.

Appreciate your wisdom after 10 weeks of exercising. Let me know how you are doing at week 16.
    You don't need a caloric surplus to get stronger. Don't even pretend that if I somehow miss my maintenance calories by a hundred that my gains are completely eliminated. Especially since a ton of strength gains aren't even from muscle growth in the first few weeks.
    Started 4/1/2015

S 355
    B 245
    D 405

Sn 98 kg
    CJ 115 kg

185 BW

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz

You don't need a caloric surplus to get stronger. Don't even pretend that if I somehow miss my maintenance calories by a hundred that my gains are completely eliminated. Especially since a ton of strength gains aren't even from muscle growth in the first few weeks.
    Gaining muscle mass and gaining strength are two different things. You CAN gain strength while cutting. For all intents and purposes, you CAN NOT easily gain muscle mass while cutting.

You're changing your argument.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.