Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cant Shoulder Press(tricep injury) are these Iso's enough for Hypertrophy?

Ive been doing some searching on youtube and come across a few different exercises. All of them are iso's. id love to do presses again as i know first hand that they work the best. but as i said, my tricep wont let me. (i have had an ultrasound scan also which showed up nothing..Mind = BLOWN!)

Heres a few links:

Eccentric Lateral Raises -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHubGg6lnbI

Landmine Barbell Shoulder Raise Superset. Front to Back + Back to Front - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Y5C_cz_jU

KB Lateral Slides -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-aPtod4Ok

Eccentric Front Raises @2:33 -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cgx2HGR5H8

Press Plate out / Plate 8 Combo - @1:20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuork9xMYDE

---------------------------------

Would be great to hear what you guys think of them.
    Thanks in advance

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump.

also forgot to mention both, L-lateral Raises and Eccentric L-lateral Raises.

Thanks.

Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I personally don't do shoulder press's any more, due to a recurring shoulder injury. I do a push pull legs routine, and on push day, after my chest movements, I do alot of side raises and rear delt flys. My shoulders are definitely one of my best body parts. The side raises have added a lot of width. I personally don't think shoulder press's are nessecary for hypertrophy. I know alot of people will dissagree, but I feel they get enough stimulation from chest press exercises. That being said, only reason I don't do them is due to injury.

Originally Posted by Benjo87 View Post
    I personally don't do shoulder press's any more, due to a recurring shoulder injury. I do a push pull legs routine, and on push day, after my chest movements, I do alot of side raises and rear delt flys. My shoulders are definitely one of my best body parts. The side raises have added a lot of width. I personally don't think shoulder press's are nessecary for hypertrophy. I know alot of people will dissagree, but I feel they get enough stimulation from chest press exercises. That being said, only reason I don't do them is due to injury.
    I think as long as your doing heavy presses on chest day then that will take care of your front delts. i cant do ANY pressing even with a moderate weight with my tricep injury.

How many sets do you do for lateral raises?

Thanks.

JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So what is your tricep injury?
    AverageToSavagePL ---> Logging Avatar Nutrition and Juggernaut Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170942461&p=1433119761#post1433119761

Originally Posted by JohnMariettePT View Post
    So what is your tricep injury?
    Said in the first post..

apparently nothing, but there clearly IS when i cant even bang out 10 press ups without my left arm giving in.

Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000) Benjo87 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I usually do around 5 sets of side raises twice a week. Sometimes more.

Originally Posted by Benjo87 View Post
    I usually do around 5 sets of side raises twice a week. Sometimes more.
    hows that been working out for you? im on a mission to get < -- W-I-D-E -- > aswell. its so much harder without the presses but ill do whatever it takes.

also, which variation do you like? i do them on an incline bench so i get tension at the start and the end of the movement.

M
    Originally Posted by Curlers View Post
    hows that been working out for you? im on a mission to get < -- W-I-D-E -- > aswell. its so much harder without the presses but ill do whatever it takes.

also, which variation do you like? i do them on an incline bench so i get tension at the start and the end of the movement.
    Honestly it's been working great. I've developed alot more width since dropping shoulder presses and focusing on a lot of side delts.

I do them the old fashioned way. Standing up, 2 dumbells at a time. I start with them in front of me, leaning forward slightly with a bend in the knees. When i come up, I keep my arms bent, too straight an arm puts pressure on the shoulder joints. When you get to the top, stop at 90 degrees parallel to your shoulders, and rotate your hands so that your pinkys are facing up at the top of the movement. Think of it like the dumbells are 2 jugs of water, and you're pouring them out at the top of the movement. Keep the tension when you're coming back down, don't just let them fall back to the starting position.

Do the sets with as little rest as possible between sets, really burn your shoulders out. I usually aim for 15 reps, pausing at the top of the movement for half a second, and throw in a couple heavy sets of 10. I do them after my chest workout.

http://youtu.be/adcGkXlrkWY

I do them similar to this, except I emphasise the "pouring the water out of the jug" a lot more, so my pinkys are always facing up at the top of the movement.

Cheers for the reply.

You could also try "Lying Laterals". im going to start doing these again. When i ran a search for different shoulder exercises, i came across a board member called "DiamondDelts" and he knew a thing or two about Delt training. he posted pics and he was literally as wide as a door.

Lots of people replied to the thread saying how much they loved them and that they were now a staple in their routine. he said they work the side delts at the beginning of the movement, which in his opinion was best for mass.

I was just going to write a description on how to do them, but i ran a google search and found some pictures.

Heres one of DD himself: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...hmentid=153853

and this is how you do the exercise: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...6&d=1106019700

they are probably done best after standing laterals, which work the side delts at the top of the movement. dont be surprised if your using light weights at first. these gave me a crazy pump the last time i tried them!

Bookmark the thread so you can find it easily and let me know what you think if you do try them out
    Last edited by Curlers; 06-05-2015 at 06:56 PM.