Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New Shoulder Exercise Variation ? - "cable Bus Drivers"

I may have accidentally stumbled across a worthy shoulder exercise; "Cable Bus Drivers". A variation of "Bus Drivers" which is usually performed with an olympic or standard plate. Im assuming most of you here are aware of the standard "Bus Drivers" exercise, but here's a video for those who aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KCkgelpywk

After recently making this thread on the GripBoard..
    http://www.gripboard...showtopic=44165
    ..which wasn't taken seriously for obvious reasons lol, i started to think about how i could perform a variation with a similar resistance curve to the garden claw i was using, that would allow me to add progressive resistance. Whether its heavier sets of 8-12 reps, or high rep burnout sets around 15-25 reps. The idea is to go to a cable station, attach one end of the handle up to a low pulley, and the other side of the handle to the high pulley. I dont have any pictures of this yet, but im sure you could imagine what it would look like, and how it would work.

I bought a garden claw from eBay.co.uk (Ive uploaded a picture) which is exactly the same as the one i used while working. im sure you could use any garden claw handle or whatever else you have hanging around to rig something up. I bought this particular garden claw because i like the way the handles curve, and it seems to be the perfect width to work with. When it comes back, im going to remove the handle, tie some rope to make two loops on both ends of the handle to see which works best, then secure them tight using hose clamps / Jubilee clips.

If your training for strength, then id say just stick to your overhead presses and other compound movements. if your a bodybuilder then give it a try. if it turns out to be useful then it could be added into a program for the sake of variety.

Iv'e made posts on here before about why i cant shoulder press. my left tricep wont pick up despite rehab. ive also had ultrasound which came back clear of EVERYTHING (no calcification, no trapped nerves no tendonitis/tendonosis etc. - Mind = BLOWN!) so ive been trying to think outside of the box for about 6 years.
    I thought id post this for others who may be in the same situation, who have a temporary or long term tricep injury.
    This exercise may be useless, or take you by surprise and be a little gem of an exercise. My garden claw hasn't arrived yet but should be here in a day or two. if you ain't too embarrassed to go in the gym with half a garden claw, and get to try it before me then I'd love to hear what you think.

Thank You.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Curlers; 06-02-2015 at 01:06 PM.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ooh, I like this one - thinking I will add this to my shoulder routine. Thanks for sharing the idea!
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261