PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

BF% estimate? (Not happy with result of cut)

I don't think anyone ever gets to a point where they are totally satisfied with a bulk or cut. We always strive to be even better than we are now.

I dropped close to 30 lbs since January and I WAS very happy with the result. Eating at about maintenance now but feeling like I quit on the last hill before the finish line. A 7 point caliper test puts me at 17% which is way too low. Omron gizmo says I'm 19% but I think that is low too.

I'm not in a rush to lose more as strength training is priority #1 but I would like to get down to 12 - 13% before year ends. Not bothered about showing abs. I just think 13% would be a healthy weight to be at... LOL ..Dad bod syndrom?.

I carry most fat around my belly, chest and hips. Legs, upper back, arms and butt are pretty lean. I figured that I should eat at just below maintenance, keep lifting heavy 4 times a week (531 + BBB) and do one day cardio as well.

I am 5ft 7" and 165lbs now. What weight would I need to be at 13%bf if I maintain the muscle I have now?

Anyone care to make an educated guess of my current BF%?

Last edited by PiperBill; 05-30-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hard to tell from the pic angles, but 19% looks pretty reasonable to me.

I'm never happy with any of the the tests available. I don't think any of them are really accurate. I use an average of different tape measure methods, none of which are worth it individually.

This morning I weighed myself at 163.5 lbs, and got the following bf results from different calculation methods:
    Navy -- 9.34; YMCA -- 7.12; Modified YMCA -- 9.56; Covert-Bailey -- 9.95; Penrose-Nelson-Fisher -- 31.99!

They all average out to 13.59%, and visually I think I'm about 14%. So you're right not to trust your methods. Guessing is probably as good a method as any.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Hard to tell from the pic angles, but 19% looks pretty reasonable to me............ Guessing is probably as good a method as any.
    I guess it's all just numbers. The mirror, clothes fitting and "feel" is a more realistic way to look at it. Numbers just give you something tangible to work into a plan. :-)
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

sonicsbomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=PiperBill;1366753071]I don't think anyone ever gets to a point where they are totally satisfied with a bulk or cut. We always strive to be even better than we are now.

I dropped close to 30 lbs since January and I WAS very happy with the result. Eating at about maintenance now but feeling like I quit on the last hill before the finish line. A 7 point caliper test puts me at 17% which is way too low. Omron gizmo says I'm 19% but I think that is low too.

I'm not in a rush to lose more as strength training is priority #1 but I would like to get down to 12 - 13% before year ends. Not bothered about showing abs. I just think 13% would be a healthy weight to be at... LOL ..Dad bod syndrom?.

I carry most fat around my belly, chest and hips. Legs, upper back, arms and butt are pretty lean. I figured that I should eat at just below maintenance, keep lifting heavy 4 times a week (531 + BBB) and do one day cardio as well.

I am 5ft 7" and 165lbs now. What weight would I need to be at 13%bf if I maintain the muscle I have now?

Anyone care to make an educated guess of my current BF%?

You can check out my profile pics.
    I'm 5'10 and 155# to be in the 10% range.

I would guess at your height , I would think 155# would put in around 12%

Originally Posted by sonicsbomb View Post

You can check out my profile pics.
    I'm 5'10 and 155# to be in the 10% range.

I would guess at your height , I would think 155# would put in around 12%
    I like that look you have in your current pic. Good muscle def without being too bulky and lean but not too ripped. That's a goal to work towards the next few months or more. :-)

sonicsbomb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PiperBill View Post
    I like that look you have in your current pic. Good muscle def without being too bulky and lean but not too ripped. That's a goal to work towards the next few months or more. :-)
    Thanks!
    Once I hit 14% ,eating at just under maintenance it took me 4 months to drop 3.5%.

Just keep at it and you'll get there.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This most important things are how you look in the mirror and a waist measurement.
    You know the BF is going down if your waist size is shrinking.
    Take pics before and after with exactly the same pose ,clothing,place time of day and compare maybe every month or two.
    The longer you can stay lean the harder you will look in the long run.
    Im not big on BF measurments as you can see they vary so much.
    If i did use it i would stick to just one of them and see how it changes.