Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    xris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question about sauna

for how long do you guys stay in sauna?
    I did 40 mins the other day and it was KILLING ME and friggin boring!
    what's a fun thing to do when you are in sauna?

outflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get butt naked and run in a circle, lol, j/k
    i dont know, never been in one my self..........
    You have to love bodybuilding so much that you'll concentrate on a movement with enough intensity to actually convince yourself that the muscle is visibly growing with every repetition. As you pump and squeeze, you can feel it, you can see it, and you don't want to stop.

NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm no expert but isn't 40 mins a long time to spend in a suana? Seems like risking dehydration to me. Saunas and hot tubs (my neighbor has one and shes a nurse, she always keeps water around and tells us not to stay in too long) can be dangerous if used improperly.

Registered User SuperSaiyonGoku's Avatar
    Location: london, u know.. fish chips, cup O tea, bad food, worse weather, mary fukkin poppins LONDON!
    SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5 mins at one time is enough..... leave the sauna... have a quick cold shower... n then sit back in there for another 5 mins..... a sauna is really jus for ur skin n pores...... dont u hate fat guys who go into the sauna thinkin they will lose weight in there LOL!!!
    "Once again you've taken for granted the powers of a true saiyan!" - Vegeta

BigM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just make sure u drink enough water, me and a couple friends of mine were in a jacuzi for hours and we were fine, we just chugged a couple gallons of cold water, wheile we were in there.

Those things are the BEST! especially for party's with hot chicks, you can see your girl in a bikini and show of your build at the same time!

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I will never ever go to sauna again. I fell unsonscious once from a lack of air. Hopefully my older bro was there and heard the noise of me falling down.
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

xris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm so what do you guys do in sauna?

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats a Russian tradition. People have their own wills, and have jacuzi's in there. So when it's Winter, and it's snowing, first they go into jakuzi, and then they run out of jakuzi and throw themselves into the cold snow. And so on. Just like a cycle.
    (They are not naked though)

Sorry if it sounds funny, but thats what they do...

Thats Russian? I thought that was Finnish? 90% of my town has Finnish ancestors and i hear people joking around about the Finn's doing that, exept its not a jacuzi, its a sauna. And after they are done rollin in the snow they get patted down with birch branches, then go running back into the sauna.

Same thing with Russian. It can be sauna too.
    Birch Branches, the same thing in Russia.

Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by xris
    hmm so what do you guys do in sauna?
    play with my cock, and drink water

Dann

p.s. sometimes girls paly with my cokc in there too , hehe
    Kansas City Crew Baby!!!

04' is da **** baby
    Work Hard, Play Harder.

"I feel Sorry for people who don't drink, becasue when they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wasn't Finland occupied by Russia at one point?

yeah it was, thats when everyone in my towns ancestors left, they didn't want to be ruled by a bunch of commies

milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by SuperSaiyonGoku
    5 mins at one time is enough..... leave the sauna... have a quick cold shower... n then sit back in there for another 5 mins..... a sauna is really jus for ur skin n pores...... dont u hate fat guys who go into the sauna thinkin they will lose weight in there LOL!!!
    Jockeys always use saunas for hours a day and they loose weight in them.

imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Dann

play with my cock, and drink water

Dann
    hahahahaaa
    Joram ****inbird

What do you mean commies, bigm?
    If you mean Russia, then you're completely wrong about your thoughts.

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when USSR occupied finland, yes, they were communist at the time

Oh...
    I though he meant something else...

dhoe56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i get some extra abs in the sauna, i'm only in there for 10 min 15 at the max. buy some headphones
    i do it for the chicks

Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by outflex
    hahahahahaha

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by dhoe56
    i get some extra abs in the sauna, i'm only in there for 10 min 15 at the max. buy some headphones
    It's a bad idea to do any physical activity in the sauna, for it increases blood pressure and so does exercise so you can get a stroke basically. There is a guy I work with who had one at 35, he used to go in the sauna and do pushups and situps and then he had a stroke. He's a completely different person now, its really sad. On a happier note, I pee in the sauna on the rocks. When I was like 10 years old I did this at a health club (ironically now I work there) and the entire club smelled like urine for a good 2 days. Unfortunately I got caught for it by word getting around but it was funny as hell.

TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm from Finland myself and sauna truly is a Finnish tradition. Take some good reading with you and you could stay there for a while but 40 minutes is too long. The optimum temperature is 175-185. Sometimes we do run into the snow from sauna or jump into a frozen lake(obviously there's a hole in the ice).

Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dosent running into the snow after u got outa a sanua make u go crazy, and feel very uncomfartable?

Dann
    Kansas City Crew Baby!!!

04' is da **** baby
    Work Hard, Play Harder.

"I feel Sorry for people who don't drink, becasue when they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

jah4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so thats what those rocks are for.lol. i thought they were the best seat in the house.it helps you loose water wieght which could be good for wrestling but other than that it just opens your pores.
    Faith is the evidence of things unseen.

Platinum Account Member b3rtstare's Avatar
    b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by outflex View Post
    no homo?

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sometimes i fap onto the coal rocks
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

GreenTeaAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I stay in the sauna for 30 min exactly after my workout and ofcourse, after I take my post workout protein. I take a five min cold shower before hand entering the sauna. I take another cold shower after 10 min of sauna time, another after 10 min of sauna time, and one more cold shower at the end, washing with soap to cleanse myself. In other words, vasoconstriction followed by vasodialation. The Cold shower helps reduce inflammation, just like icing a sore knee. The hot suana increases blood flow, bringing along with nutrients to repair the muscles. I pour eucalyptus oil mixed with water on the metal plates of the side of the sauna. This aroma therapy opens your pours further, and has an additional anti-inflammatory effect. Plus, it smells like flowers instead of B.O.

According to a good cross-fit competitor I know( hes does a 2:12 fran), hitting the sauna for longer than 30 min confuses your thyroid gland, and may lead to slowing down your metabolism. I have a hard time researching this fact online, but its food for thought.

beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beatyprodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuperSaiyonGoku View Post
    This is a good approach, I'd up it to 7 minutes. you'll feel REALLY invigorated when you do that, thats how I take my showers. scolding hot to really cold on and off. makes me hyperventilate though. you'll burn a few hundred calories if you stay in there long enough, but its definitely not a good approach to losing weight, DRINK A LOT OF WATER, and you're only supposed to stay in there for 15 minutes... 40 minutes jeez almighty i can't stand in there with my friends for 5!

Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wahash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Strong 10 year old thread.
    You know they say everything we hear is an opinion, not fact, and everything we see is perspective not truth. The fewer the facts the stronger the opinions. And opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.