Thread: Dizziness.

Ttdot2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dizziness.

Does anyone get dizziness or faintness what they work out? What can I do to prevent this?

I eat before I work out and have a protein shake after words but sometimes it still doesn't help.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Would recommend checking with your GP to check its not various medical conditions.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^ This

Make sure you allow time for your pre-workout meal to digest
    Have you tried BCAA's ? When I was using BCAA's I rarely felt fatigued during training.

I suggest you go to the doctors and possibly get bloodwork done to rule out anything serious.
    Bulking & Lifting :)

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Babygirl95 View Post
    ^ This

Make sure you allow time for your pre-workout meal to digest
    Have you tried BCAA's ? When I was using BCAA's I rarely felt fatigued during training.

I suggest you go to the doctors and possibly get bloodwork done to rule out anything serious.
    FYI BCAA's are pretty much the most pointless supplement out there, providing you're getting adequate protein they provide literally no benefit/effect.

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you making sure to breathe carefully? If you're not breathing appropriately that could cause dizziness.

I was having dizzy spells and it turned out to be a positional arrhythmia. Have you kept track of when it's happening and what you were doing? What you took before and after, and exactly what exercises, etc, you were doing when it happened.

I would concur talking with a medical professional but you're going to likely need more information going in. If it is a medical issue that's popping up when you work out, and only when you work out and no other times, then you're likely doing something to trigger it.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nitefeatherz View Post
    Are you making sure to breathe carefully? If you're not breathing appropriately that could cause dizziness.

I was having dizzy spells and it turned out to be a positional arrhythmia. Have you kept track of when it's happening and what you were doing? What you took before and after, and exactly what exercises, etc, you were doing when it happened.

I would concur talking with a medical professional but you're going to likely need more information going in. If it is a medical issue that's popping up when you work out, and only when you work out and no other times, then you're likely doing something to trigger it.
    I second this. I'd have dizziness episodes before I realized that I was holding my breath without realizing it, especially squats. Ever since I started focusing on proper breathing I rarely get dizzy anymore.

Originally Posted by cjobson View Post
    I second this. I'd have dizziness episodes before I realized that I was holding my breath without realizing it, especially squats. Ever since I started focusing on proper breathing I rarely get dizzy anymore.
    Whilst its obviously important to breathe, its equally important to hold ones breath during an actual rep of a squat/deadlift/any big compound movement. I usually take a breathe between every rep or every other depending on tempo

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long are your rest periods? Depending upon the lift, you may need to increase them. I know if I'm doing a heavy lift and don't leave enough time between each set, I can get a bit dizzy.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    Whilst its obviously important to breathe, its equally important to hold ones breath during an actual rep of a squat/deadlift/any big compound movement. I usually take a breathe between every rep or every other depending on tempo
    Very true. I used to inadvertently hold my breath for more than one rep, which lead to the dizziness. Now I'll inhale, perform the movement, usually exhaling on the way up.

kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get dizzy too and in my case it's because of low blood pressure.
    A check up at the doctor's would give you the answer. It can be a whole lot of things ranging from low pulse or high/low bloodpressure to a deficiancy (aenemia, folacic deficit, hypocobalaminemia). It could be nothing, or it could be something that can be treated easily.