shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Max fat to store each day (Not water, not muscle, pure fat)

If I eat 7k calories over maintenance a day, can I store two pounds of fat? Is my body able to store that much in just a single day? Or what's the limit, how much will be out of it? A percent over maintenance? Any studies about it?
    www.shbli.com

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not everything you eat stays in your system your body is not 100% efficient at burning or storing fat

a single day is largely irrelevant keep doing it and it will soon go up

shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    not everything you eat stays in your system your body is not 100% efficient at burning or storing fat

a single day is largely irrelevant keep doing it and it will soon go up
    I'm not asking because I've done it, just I want to understand the science behind it (If there's any studies/average)

Can human body be efficient to store 3 pounds a day (I saw some lady do 12k calories in one day, properly over 9000 her maintenance, something like 3 pounds)
    www.shbli.com

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You asked if you ate 7000 additional calories would you add 2lbs

as I said the body is not 100% efficient so you wouldn't, however if you ate 10000 maybe

Probably depends on lots of other factors as well, individual genetics, metabolism, weight and lbm

You asked if you ate 7000 additional calories would you add 2lbs

as I said the body is not 100% efficient so you wouldn't, however if you ate 10000 maybe

Probably depends on lots of other factors as well, individual genetics, metabolism, weight and lbm
    Your reply is nice yes, but is there any studies to show numbers? Estimates

Ok, you told me that 7000 may not add 2 pounds, 10,000 may add. Body won't be able to digest all this (Seems true, body won't be able to store all that pretty fast)

What about numbers? From where did you get the numbers?

Let's say I take 3k calories in one setting (Big meal + dessert), how much of it will I digest?
    www.shbli.com

Originally Posted by shbli View Post

Ok, you told me that 7000 may not add 2 pounds, 10,000 may add. Body won't be able to digest all this (Seems true, body won't be able to store all that pretty fast)

Let's say I take 3k calories in one setting (Big meal + dessert), how much of it will I digest?
    I am making assumptions , as I said it is likely to be subject to individual differences. Metabolism, weight, lbm, gender, age etc.

The only way you will know is to experiment on yourself! Have a scan to determine bf % eat a huge meal and a few hours later have another scan!

Probably better to carryout the experiment over a longer time period to get a better picture

The science tells us that burning 3500 calorIes = 1lb of fat and some lean mass,Therefore assimilating 3500 additional calories will result in 1lb more mass of fat and lean tissue depending on what is eaten and what the person is doing, I. E. Exercise or not

Your individual response will be unique to you, and what you have actually eaten, high fibre diet maybe much will pass through your system...high sugar and fat, low fibre maybe you absorb more

It comes down to how much you actually assimilate of what you have eaten...also you have to consider TEF

I am making assumptions , as I said it is likely to be subject to individual differences. Metabolism, weight, lbm, gender, age etc.

The only way you will know is to experiment on yourself! Have a scan to determine bf % eat a huge meal and a few hours later have another scan!

Probably better to carryout the experiment over a longer time period to get a better picture

The science tells us that burning 3500 calorIes = 1lb of fat and some lean mass,Therefore assimilating 3500 additional calories will result in 1lb more mass of fat and lean tissue depending on what is eaten and what the person is doing, I. E. Exercise or not

Your individual response will be unique to you, and what you have actually eaten, high fibre diet maybe much will pass through your system...high sugar and fat, low fibre maybe you absorb more

It comes down to how much you actually assimilate of what you have eaten...also you have to consider TEF
    Thanks man, what you have mentioned is I do the experiment and scan my BF.

So, have anyone done that experiment before? any results? details?
    www.shbli.com

So, have anyone done that experiment before? any results? details?
    Not that I'm aware of

Not that I'm aware of
    Thanks
    www.shbli.com

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

7000kcal wouldn't = 2lbs because of the TEF (Thermic effect of food) . On top of that it would depend if the food is "whole" or "processed" processed food tends to have a lower TEF than its "whole".
    Also glycogen stores would play a part (glycogen replenishment tends to be prioritized over fat gain) , what kind of macros those 7000kcal comes from as Carb > Fat tends to have a 25-50% turnover loss rate. Protein far higher etc.

On top of all that it would depend on how you react to overfeeding, some gets increased NEAT due to overfeeding others get a decrease.

As for how much you digest, most likely all of it. If the amount in bypasses what your body can process it will cause the ileal brake to kick in (essentially slows your digestion tract to allow for maximum absorption)

If there is a limit to how much we can absorb (as we have tons of mechanisms to avoid wasting nutrition in the digestive tract) I have not seen one, and I expect it will be incredibly high if there is one.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911