zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zink9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with deadlift

I recently just did a workout including deadlifts I wont post entire workout just the deadlifts sets, 1: 115 reps12 set 2: 155: 12 reps set 3 7reps at 165lbs and 165 on 4th set at 6reps. Can you provide any tips to get a higher deadlift. Also any tips for lifting in the 1-5 rep range when I try to go in this range I end up using to light weight that im able to do 10 reps and than I try to use heavier weight and I can barely lift the weight any tips

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starting Strength.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Starting Strength.
    A good place to start. Make sure your form is right first. I didn't realize I had some pretty significant errors in my form until I started learning from Rippetoe.

Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldawgs64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're having trouble when the weight gets heavy getting it off the floor it could be from weak legs which you could fix by squatting and such. If its your grip that gives out try grip exercises or farmer walks. If its after you get the weight off the floor you get stuck you could try rack pulls. Like others said work on your form. I would suggest recording a video of yourself to check your form out.

CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zink9001 View Post
    I recently just did a workout including deadlifts I wont post entire workout just the deadlifts sets, 1: 115 reps12 set 2: 155: 12 reps set 3 7reps at 165lbs and 165 on 4th set at 6reps. Can you provide any tips to get a higher deadlift. Also any tips for lifting in the 1-5 rep range when I try to go in this range I end up using to light weight that im able to do 10 reps and than I try to use heavier weight and I can barely lift the weight any tips
    Use the ed coan phillipi program.

Otherwise, you can do rest pause for the deadlift..

E.G once a week routine

100 kg deadlift - 50 reps as fast as possible
    110 kg deadlift - 40 reps as fast as possible
    120 kg deadlift - 30 reps as fast as possible
    130 kg deadlift - 20 reps as fast as possible
    150 kg deadlift - 15 reps as fast as possbile
    160 kg deadlift - 10 reps as fast as possible
    170 kg deadlift - 5 reps as fast as possbile
    180 kg deadlift - 1 rep

RESET (rest a few weeks) and start again with 50 reps at 120 kg.

Also, its VITAL that you include deficit stiff leg deadlifts... Keep the legs as straight as possible and dont let the bar touch the ground for the entire set. do 3sets x8reps at the end of each deadlift work out.

I deadlifted 240 last friday for 1 rep.

Kind regards,

jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're only 16 years old...get on a solid program like a 5x5 or 5/3/1 or Starting Strength and make sure you're using proper form...as in make sure someone qualified and far more knowledgeable and stronger than you teaches you the proper way to perform all the exercises.

There's absolutely no need to be doing any specialized exercises to "bring up" your deadlift or any other "weak points" when you're only 16 years old other than to follow the advice above.
    John Wojciechowski, CSCS
    Better Strength & Performance
    New Jersey, USA

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa9IsFBFAqE3EGDDeMKhbHw
    ********: https://www.********.com/pages/Better-Strength-Performance/607583162710969
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/betterwojo/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/betterwojo

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zink9001 View Post
    Also any tips for lifting in the 1-5 rep range when I try to go in this range I end up using to light weight that im able to do 10 reps and than I try to use heavier weight and I can barely lift the weight any tips
    I'll tell you what this means. You may not like it. But it is what it is.

This means you are a beginner and your nervous system has not gotten the movement together and/or you are incapable of maximal exertion at this stage.

Don't worry. You're not alone.

The solution is to train regularly. That simple.

jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000) jwojo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    I'll tell you what this means. You may not like it. But it is what it is.

This means you are a beginner and your nervous system has not gotten the movement together and/or you are incapable of maximal exertion at this stage.

Don't worry. You're not alone.

The solution is to train regularly. That simple.
    and THIS.
    John Wojciechowski, CSCS
    Better Strength & Performance
    New Jersey, USA

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa9IsFBFAqE3EGDDeMKhbHw
    ********: https://www.********.com/pages/Better-Strength-Performance/607583162710969
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/betterwojo/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/betterwojo

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by CarlsonGee View Post
    Use the ed coan phillipi program.

Otherwise, you can do rest pause for the deadlift..

E.G once a week routine

100 kg deadlift - 50 reps as fast as possible
    110 kg deadlift - 40 reps as fast as possible
    120 kg deadlift - 30 reps as fast as possible
    130 kg deadlift - 20 reps as fast as possible
    150 kg deadlift - 15 reps as fast as possbile
    160 kg deadlift - 10 reps as fast as possible
    170 kg deadlift - 5 reps as fast as possbile
    180 kg deadlift - 1 rep

RESET (rest a few weeks) and start again with 50 reps at 120 kg.

Also, its VITAL that you include deficit stiff leg deadlifts... Keep the legs as straight as possible and dont let the bar touch the ground for the entire set. do 3sets x8reps at the end of each deadlift work out.

I deadlifted 240 last friday for 1 rep.

Kind regards,
    Doing 50 reps on the deadlift would achieve nothing but endurance.

CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarlsonGee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PhillipQ25 View Post

Think of it like 10sets of 5reps.

and the point is to build up strength endurance anyway. not to mention the neural efficiency you will build from heavy weight - high volume training like this.

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by CarlsonGee View Post
    and the point is to build up strength endurance anyway. not to mention the neural efficiency you will build from heavy weight - high volume training like this.
    Wait your post is confusing. So you do 171 reps of deadlifts in one workout session? Or is one line of text equivalent to one workout session?

Wait your post is confusing. So you do 171 reps of deadlifts in one workout session? Or is one line of text equivalent to one workout session?

1 line = 1 work out session.