KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Healthy dessert/snack recipes! Share here please :)

I have a major sweet tooth...every day I try to fit a sweet treat into my calorie budget. I have been making my own protein bars and greek yogurt concoctions. Anyone have any good recipes to share? Every weekend I make something and enjoy throughout the week! Would love to add some recipes to my collection!

Here is a goodie:

1 serving low fat greek yogurt
    1 serving powdered peanut butter
    0.5 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/8 tsp vanilla extract
    0.5 serving mini chocolate chips

This tastes like cookie dough, sooo good!!
    Everything you've ever wanted, is on the other side of fear.

PR:
    Squat 205
    Bench 130
    Deadlift 245

sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My fav banana muffin recipe is from dashingdish. com
    I've altered that one to make chai banana muffins or chocolate muffins, too

Just got a fresh batch of these brownies out of the oven, too!(heavily modified from a recipe from proteinpow. com)

However, in the above recipe, they taste like dirt to me b/c of the beets, so here's what I did:
    1/2 c cocoa powder
    1 c egg white
    1/4 c whey protein powder
    1/4 c pea protein powder
    170g sweet potato
    200g banana
    Blend it all up and bake at 320 for 45min
    Macros per batch: 763cal, 78g protein, 8g fat, 108g carb
    Macros per 8: 95cal, 10g protein, 1g fat, 13g carb
    I'm using them as a pre-workout. They taste great, but a little bitter from the cocoa powder and no added sugar
    Pick it up, put it down, get strong

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
    ― Terry Pratchett

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1 scoop chocolate muscle pharm
    1packet splenda
    1egg white
    2tbsp. water
    pinch of baking soda
    MIX (Either pop in microwave or cook like a pancake)

Spread peanut butter on top
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fractal8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I too have a sweet tooth. I gotta have 1/2 oz - 1 oz of 85% dark chocolate pretty much every day.

I make a lot of desserts due to being in a weekly dinner group. Most of mine involve fruit. These recipes are all for an anti-inflammatory diet (meaning no dairy and low in saturated fat) which also puts them on the healthy end of the spectrum. But I know that some of the ingredients here will be taboo (especially the added sugar) depending how strict you are with what you eat.

Chia Seed Pudding
    chia seeds soaked in almond milk (or whatever you want) + almond extract + cardamon + agave syrup
    1/2 orange (cut each section into 3rds)
    mint leaves
    dried cherry, reconstituted

Chocolate Pudding
    1/2 avocado
    cocoa powder to taste
    touch of agave syrup
    vanilla
    put in blender until proper consistency. Add almond milk (or whatever) as needed

^I've also made this with peanut butter, but the consistency isn't the same

Date & Nut Balls
    soak some dates in water
    soak some nuts (pecan, walnut, whatever)
    put in food processor + a bit of vanilla, and if you'd like, any sort of spice (sometimes a bit of curry is nice! or cinnamon)
    blend until paste-like
    make balls, or other fun shapes + refridgerate

Frozen Fudge
    I have a recipe for this which I can look up the details on if you'd like. It's supposed to be made with carob, but f*ck carob. I use cocoa. :-P
    I think it involves almond butter, shredded coconut, dates, protein powder, vanilla.
    Mix it all up and press it on the bottom of a shallow baking pan. Put in freezer and leave in freezer. Just cut out pieces when you're ready to eat them.

Banana Pudding
    freeze a banana. Blend it. Put other yummy flavors in it (peanut butter, or berries, or vanilla)

Applesauce
    Raw applesauce (take some apples & put 'em in a food processor)
    add raisins
    add cinnamon and whatever else you want
    let sit for awhile to get the raisins all plump
    Sometimes I make a rhubarb puree for the top (cook the rhubarb, add a bit of brandy, and keep cooking until mushy.)

And one of my favs for summer, super simple - just mangoes & strawberries. Pure bliss as far as I'm concerned.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Vitamix banana ice cream
    break overripe bananas into three pieces, put in Ziploc bag and freeze overnight
    When you're ready to use them, take out three to four pieces and place in Vitamix
    add I scoop protein (whatever flavor you like)
    add 1/4 c. water or almond milk, etc.
    Process on frozen dessert setting
    Under Construction.

oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10) oceanwild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sammichface View Post
    My fav banana muffin recipe is from dashingdish. com
    I've altered that one to make chai banana muffins or chocolate muffins, too

Just got a fresh batch of these brownies out of the oven, too!(heavily modified from a recipe from proteinpow. com)

However, in the above recipe, they taste like dirt to me b/c of the beets, so here's what I did:
    1/2 c cocoa powder
    1 c egg white
    1/4 c whey protein powder
    1/4 c pea protein powder
    170g sweet potato
    200g banana
    Blend it all up and bake at 320 for 45min
    Macros per batch: 763cal, 78g protein, 8g fat, 108g carb
    Macros per 8: 95cal, 10g protein, 1g fat, 13g carb
    I'm using them as a pre-workout. They taste great, but a little bitter from the cocoa powder and no added sugar
    thx for share\

Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talasnutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KDelRio View Post
    I have a major sweet tooth...every day I try to fit a sweet treat into my calorie budget. I have been making my own protein bars and greek yogurt concoctions. Anyone have any good recipes to share? Every weekend I make something and enjoy throughout the week! Would love to add some recipes to my collection!

Here is a goodie:

1/8 tsp vanilla extract

This is so far my best protein pancake i have made. Very good as a snack or as your postworkout meal (although i would add a banana instead of an apple if i am to have this after my workout)
    Nutritional information:
    Calories 238.75 kcal
    Protein 32.75 g
    Carbs 20.12 g
    Fat 2.7 g

Batter recipe:
    -1 scoop whey protein powder ( i like to use the vanilla flavor, but you can use whatever you prefer)
    -1 egg white
    -4 Tableapoons oats
    -1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    -5 Tableapoons water

Topping:
    -1 Tablespoon organic blueberry fruit spread
    -1/2 an apple
    -Some cinnamon powder sprinkles and fresh mint for garnish

Preparation:
    -Mix all the batter ingredients using a food processor.
    -Add 1/2 teaspoon organic coconut oil to the frying pan and let it heat abit.
    -pour the batter mixture into the heated pan and allow it to cook on each side until it becomes golden brown.
    -Add the topping -Enjoy *Note: you can add almond butter or peanut butter if you want to make this pancake abit higher in healthy fats.
    My instagram!: https://instagram.com/talaspowernutrition/

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein Pancakes
    1 scoop protein (I like a blend because it thickens up nicely)
    1 egg
    3 egg whites
    1/2 c pumpkin puree (if you like pumpkin)
    1 tsp baking powder

Mix it all up, cook like pancakes

Protein Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
    1 scoop Trutein Shamrock Shake
    1 c almond milk
    1 tbsp mini dark chocolate baking chips

Rice Cake PB&J
    2 rice cakes
    1 scoop Vanilla protein (blend, so it thickens)
    1 tbsp PB2
    2 tbsp Polaner Sugar Free Preserves

Mix protein and PB2 until smooth. Apply to rice cake. Add preserves on top of that.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100) jdahlqu1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by KDelRio View Post

Here is a goodie:

1/8 tsp vanilla extract

Sugar free and flourless chocolate avocado cake.

yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Flourless-Sugar-Free-Chocolate-Avocado-Cake-1190949?columns=6&position=5%2F5

babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50) babycurts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Microwave Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

1 scoop Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie whey protein powder
    4 tsp butter
    2 packets Stevia (or to taste)
    Water, added 1/8 tsp at a time
    Optional: mini dark chocolate, enjoy life dairy free, or carob chips

Directions:
    1) Heat the butter in a bowl (should be slightly bigger than a cereal bowl to allow for mixing) for about 30 seconds in the microwave, or until melted.
    2) Add the stevia and mix throughly. Once granules are (mostly) dissolved, add protein powder. Stir.
    3) Add water 1/8 tsp at a time and mix until a dough forms. It should not be so wet that it looks greasy, but it should stick together and allow you to form it into balls.
    4) I recommend "baking" them one at a time on a tea plate. Depending on your microwave, nuke them for 10-15 seconds.

Let them cool for a minute before devouring. You're welcome!!

Makes 4 cookies
    Macros per 1 cookie (w/o choc chips):
    Calories: 71
    Protein: 5.8
    Fat: 4.6
    Carbs: 1.5
    Hey, thanks for the free parking.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Found this recently, and it seems easy to make.

SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamGailey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    some good looking recipes in here!! great idea!

RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1 jar peanut butter
    1 spoon

enjoy!

I'm kidding... (kind of)

Seriously though -- Raw brownies all the way:

1 cup ground pecans
    1 cup dates (not soaked)
    1/4 heaping cup cocoa powder
    1 heaping teaspoon agave nectar Icing:
    1 tablespoon coconut oil or coconut butter
    1 tablespoon avocado (optional)
    1 tablespoon agave
    1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder

1) Process the brownie ingredients. Press into a pan or bowl.
    2) Now process icing ingredients. If you use the coconut oil right out of the jar (firm) it should get very creamy in your food processor. If you do it by hand, warm up the oil jar in a bowl of water and use it in liquid form.
    3) Spread frosting onto brownies and refrigerate for at least ten minutes. Slice and enjoy!

See more at: http://www.vegweb.com/recipes/raw-br....wwtxOIzb.dpuf

I used to make these all the time. I seriously like them better than real brownies. They are so gooey and delicious.

mehdifx2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WolfBeast View Post
    1 scoop chocolate muscle pharm
    1packet splenda
    1egg white
    2tbsp. water
    pinch of baking soda
    MIX (Either pop in microwave or cook like a pancake)

Spread peanut butter on top
    tankyou
    http://kish-net.net/kish/phone-necessary-kish
    http://kish-net.net/shayan-hotel-kish.html
    http://kish-net.net/kish/kish-restaurant

Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've just discovered the iced coffee cubes. Amazing !

1 scoop chocolate protein
    4 frozen coffee cubes
    1 cup of almond milk (or whatever...)

Blend, and voilà !

I also made Iced Coffee Popsicles yesterday:
    (from http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/ic...fee-popsicles/)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

These amounts are approximate, based on my mold. Mix up about 2 1/4 cups of cold coffee with cream and sugar to your liking. You'll need a little extra sweetened cream for the white tips of the pops.
    1 3/4 --- 2 cups cold strong coffee
    1/2 --3/4 cup heavy cream, plus extra for the bottom of the molds (I used coconut coffee creamer)
    sugar to taste (I used chocolate protein)
    INSTRUCTIONS

Set aside 1/3 cup of cream and sweeten it with a little sugar. Stir until completely dissolved.
    Pour a little of the cream into the bottom of each mold, just about 1/4 to 1/2 inch high.
    Freeze the mold until the cream is solid, about an hour.
    Mix the coffee, more cream and sugar (to taste) in a glass measuring cup and stir until the sugar is dissolved. You will need about 2 1/4 cups total. Refrigerate until chilled.
    Carefully pour the chilled coffee mixture into each mold, filling it to the top.
    Cover the top with foil, and insert the sticks. Freeze until solid.
    To un-mold the popsicles, fill your sink with hot water, and submerge the mold in the water right up to, but not past, the top ledge for about 15-30 seconds. If the popsicles don't slide out, submerge it for a few seconds longer.
    NOTES

This recipe works for a mold with 10 slots, 1/4 cups each. Your mold might hold more or less liquid.
    Yeah... I guess I should join the Over 35 Forum now, right ?

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This one's easy to put together

Lemon Tart

7 oz container 2% F@ge Greek yogurt
    2 tbsp Dickinson's Lemon Curd
    2 squares Graham crackers
    Dash of ground coriander

Mix together the yogurt, lemon curd and coriander. Add crumbled up Graham crackers.

Makes one serving
    Calories: 335
    Protein: 21 g
    Fat: 7 g
    Carbs: 45 g

You could make it a bit more macro friendly by using 0% Greek yogurt, 1 TBSP of the lemon curd and only 1 Graham cracker square. I'd add a bit more coriander. The ground coriander will add some citrus flavor. I can't vouch for the taste as I've never tried it but the macros would be as follows:

Calories: 190
    Protein: 18 g
    Fat: 2 g
    Carbs: 25 g

This is the lemon curd:
    Last edited by CathyVee; 07-04-2015 at 07:38 AM.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron