Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Critique for first bikini competition

Hi everyone,

I have been coaching myself and been prepping for 8 weeks so far and have consistently lost just over 1lb per week so far. I have 9 weeks to go - do you think I will be stage ready in that time? Secondly, what body fat do you think I am from my photo? What should I be doing to make sure I am stage ready on time? I have been lifting for over 2 years consistently and believe I have a good base of muscle and my aim has been to slowly lose fat.

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 133lbs

Thank you.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by enkhbayarova; 05-19-2015 at 09:03 AM.

GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What does your current nutrition look like? Are you tracking and digitally weighing all of your food? You don't really give my information? IMO 1lb loss in 8 weeks...9 weeks from comp...I would say you need to adjust your diet. Or do you mean 1lb a week?
    You have more then 1lb left to loose...Give some more info and you may get some more help.

And on a side note - a coach really would probably help! Training, nutrition and posing!

runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You look great! But you really aren't even close to stage ready..

Body fat … probably 20-22%?

enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50) enkhbayarova will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GraceMullings View Post
    What does your current nutrition look like? Are you tracking and digitally weighing all of your food? You don't really give my information? IMO 1lb loss in 8 weeks...9 weeks from comp...I would say you need to adjust your diet. You have more then 1lb left to loose...Give some more info and you may get some more help.

And on a side note - a coach really would probably help! Training, nutrition and posing!
    Thank you for the reply. Coach isn't an option as I cannot afford one.

Sorry I've edited my post now - I have lost 8lbs so far.

I eat 1632 calories:35% carb, 30% fat, 35% protein. I weigh all my food and use MyFitnessPal. I lift 6x a week, 3x HIIT. I have started doing cardio in the AM from this week to supplement.

GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50) GraceMullings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by enkhbayarova View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Coach isn't an option as I cannot afford one.

Sorry I've edited my post now - I have lost 8lbs so far.

I eat 1632 calories:35% carb, 30% fat, 35% protein. I weigh all my food and use MyFitnessPal. I lift 6x a week, 3x HIIT. I have started doing cardio in the AM from this week to supplement.
    I personally would maybe readjust your diet! you do look fantastic but not near stage ready

I personally would maybe readjust your diet! you do look fantastic but not near stage ready
    Thanks! Do you think I will be ready in 9 weeks? (Fingers crossed!)

Thanks! Do you think I will be ready in 9 weeks? (Fingers crossed!)
    With some tweaks and dedication...maybe do some research, find some tricks etc. And as I said re-evaluate your diet as you go! Good luck!

cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheekybuns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you know bikini posing? you have good proportions, but your body fat is a tad too high. Have you tried HIIT?
    Look up Lisette Howard IFBB Bikini Pro on YouTube. She has a series of videos that goes over bikini poses, as well as any other need-to-know info for your first bikini competition. Her videos really helped me prepare for my first competition.
    learn the poses, and post progress pics in those poses because thats what you are going to be looking like in front of the judges. its a better frame of reference. Dont do too much cardio right now if you still have 9 weeks to prep. You will lose weight with lots of cardio, but you dont want to burn too much muscle and look soft.

Originally Posted by cheekybuns View Post
    do you know bikini posing? you have good proportions, but your body fat is a tad too high. Have you tried HIIT?
    Look up Lisette Howard IFBB Bikini Pro on YouTube. She has a series of videos that goes over bikini poses, as well as any other need-to-know info for your first bikini competition. Her videos really helped me prepare for my first competition.
    learn the poses, and post progress pics in those poses because thats what you are going to be looking like in front of the judges. its a better frame of reference. Dont do too much cardio right now if you still have 9 weeks to prep. You will lose weight with lots of cardio, but you dont want to burn too much muscle and look soft.
    Thanks for the reply! I do HIIT with plyometrics, sprints and jump rope.

I will definitely check her out - I haven't been practicing any posing and I think that may be my downfall unless I start right now!

In your opinion, is it better to lose muscle and still look lean enough on stage, or, still have extra body fat? I am worried I won't be lean enough on stage, but also do not want to catabolise the muscle I have spent years building.

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You probably have around 11-14 lbs of fat left to lose, you won't make it in 9 weeks. Can you pick a competition 2 months later?

Originally Posted by likeafish View Post
    You probably have around 11-14 lbs of fat left to lose, you won't make it in 9 weeks. Can you pick a competition 2 months later?
    I have my heart set on this competition so I have no choice but to make it in 9 weeks. Using an ideal weight calculator and my weight 133lbs/body fat 21%, it says I have 9-10 lbs to lose. Losing at 1lbs+ per week pace will surely be enough?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have my heart set on this competition so I have no choice but to make it in 9 weeks. Using an ideal weight calculator and my weight 133lbs/body fat 21%, it says I have 9-10 lbs to lose. Losing at 1lbs+ per week pace will surely be enough?
    Fat loss will slow toward the end. Is this your first time cutting down this far?
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Fat loss will slow toward the end. Is this your first time cutting down this far?
    Yes it is my first time. Surely as long as there is a large enough deficit, I will keep losing fat?

SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is your first comp & you've come asking for advice, but it doesn't sounds like you are liking the feedback you are getting. These are experienced folks full of good knowledge. You are certainly free to continue & attend your competition. Please come back and let us know how it went. It's going to take some crazy hard work to pull it out. If you are having concerns about losing muscle mass in order to meet your deadline, maybe you should reconsider. The stage will always be there. I would rather be proud of the package I bring to the stage than rush to meet a deadline and cringe when I see my stage shots.

Not for nothing, but our stats are similar and I am 22 weeks out and cutting on a lower deficit right now. I agree that you may need some dietary changes.

Yes it is my first time. Surely as long as there is a large enough deficit, I will keep losing fat?
    In true reality you should listen to the people who have done what you want to do here. I think you have far too much work ahead of you regardless of if your heart is stuck on this comp. It's going to take a hell'a lot of work to get on that stage ready in 9 weeks. Don't get me wrong I am yet to compete - however I already have my coach lined up...I will take more then enough time to get my diet tight and megdaig is right your fat loss wont be consistent throughout.

Maybe you should rethink your plan. You asked for advice and have been given it. Balls in your court if you take it or not here

In true reality you should listen to the people who have done what you want to do here. I think you have far too much work ahead of you regardless of if your heart is stuck on this comp. It's going to take a hell'a lot of work to get on that stage ready in 9 weeks. Don't get me wrong I am yet to compete - however I already have my coach lined up...I will take more then enough time to get my diet tight and megdaig is right your fat loss wont be consistent throughout.

Maybe you should rethink your plan. You asked for advice and have been given it. Balls in your court if you take it or not here
    Thank you all for your honest responses! Much appreciated

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    +1

I noticed this for sure. I did a 15 week cut, also my first time. At 8 weeks out, I was 90% of the way there to what I ended up bringing to the stage. Further decreased calories and increased cardio, but had to be very careful because at that point, I was lean enough that catabolizing muscle mass with too big of a deficit was a real concern. Judges said I could have been a little leaner, but in all honesty, I think I would have needed a better muscle base to have brought in a leaner package...don't think that at my current level of muscularity, I could have brought much more conditioning. Another thing to keep in mind, OP. To be fair, I competed figure, not bikini, but bikini girls have more muscle than you'd think.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will doesn't work, unfortunately. You are absolutely banking on those numbers and if anything doesn't go to plan even slightly, you step on stage looking unprepared. There are always others contests. You have a good package already, don't sellyourself short!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In my experience, the last month of cutting I lose between 0.25 and 0.5 pound per week and there are a few weeks with no actual scale weight loss.

If your deficit is too aggressive you will lose scale weight but can also lose muscle, which doesn't help you with leanness.

And another factor to consider is that the more aggressive you are with your diet and upping the cardio sets you up for a big rebound and that can be a big mindfcuk for a lot of women.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have to agree with the others, you are not 9 weeks out from a show. Just not enough muscle mass there yet.

I do think you have a great look and shape for bikini, great waist, torso looks long, glutes need more shape and mass but potential is there, and you have a fierce face which I love. I think you could do really well if you take the time to build and really prepare for it rather than force it to happen in a few weeks.

At your height, you really want to look at coming to the stage 115 - 120 and given that you are saying 133, that just isnt enough time. plus if you did hit this weight range, there just isnt enough mass right now to make it look good. You will just end up looking stringy and stick like on stage.

You are just not in the right spot or situation for competing yet but given a proper amount of time in building 12 18 months, I do believe that you would do well.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I haven't competed but agree with Rock Angel and Megdaig that you look undermuscled for competing. There are a couple women who compete who post here and their body profile pics show before and after-and their bodies during bulk are BIG.

Remember that you will probably lose a little muscle during your cut so you actually need to be bigger than you need to be before you cut. Or so I've heard.
    Under Construction.

Thanks all for the honest replies.

I am going to work really hard for the next two months and see how it goes. I definitely intend to compete later on this year as well so this first competition could be a great learning experience.

In my opinion, I have a fair amount of muscle and am quite strong - perhaps the photo doesn't reflect this so I include two more below:

In any case, I will focus on cutting down body fat as much as I can.

Thank you again
    Attached Images

mtarantino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtarantino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtarantino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtarantino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you look amazing and should do what you feel in your heart. You will learn along the way, enjoy the journey. If you fall short, oh well, more drive to improve.
    Thanks all for the honest replies.

I am going to work really hard for the next two months and see how it goes. I definitely intend to compete later on this year as well so this first competition could be a great learning experience.

In my opinion, I have a fair amount of muscle and am quite strong - perhaps the photo doesn't reflect this so I include two more below:

In any case, I will focus on cutting down body fat as much as I can.

Thank you again

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also, think you look amazing and in no way meant anything discouraging by my post above. I think if you build for another cycle and then cut you'll kick ass at a competition. Right now IRL, amongst ordinary humans you look insanely good.
    Under Construction.

Originally Posted by SpartanRN View Post
    This is your first comp & you've come asking for advice, but it doesn't sounds like you are liking the feedback you are getting. These are experienced folks full of good knowledge. You are certainly free to continue & attend your competition. Please come back and let us know how it went. It's going to take some crazy hard work to pull it out. If you are having concerns about losing muscle mass in order to meet your deadline, maybe you should reconsider. The stage will always be there. I would rather be proud of the package I bring to the stage than rush to meet a deadline and cringe when I see my stage shots.

Not for nothing, but our stats are similar and I am 22 weeks out and cutting on a lower deficit right now. I agree that you may need some dietary changes.
    I don't meant to sound rude but our stats are not similar... I was your weight around 8 weeks ago and have more muscle mass IMHO. Plus you haven't given your height so there is no way to compare reasonably.

I have taken everyone's advice with good grace. I am considering changing my competition date as there is one which is 6 weeks after. I have some thinking to do!

Originally Posted by Jodie10 View Post
    I also, think you look amazing and in no way meant anything discouraging by my post above. I think if you build for another cycle and then cut you'll kick ass at a competition. Right now IRL, amongst ordinary humans you look insanely good.
    Thank you!

SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't meant to sound rude but our stats are not similar... I was your weight around 8 weeks ago and have more muscle mass IMHO. Plus you haven't given your height so there is no way to compare reasonably.

I have taken everyone's advice with good grace. I am considering changing my competition date as there is one which is 6 weeks after. I have some thinking to do!
    LOL, wow I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just echoing what multiple people have said about diet changes. I didn't say you lacked enough muscle mass (although multiple people have said so). I'm a figure girl.....so if you have more muscle than I do, I am phucked. That being said....I'm going to respectfully agree to disagree

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpartanRN View Post
    LOL, wow I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just echoing what multiple people have said about diet changes. I didn't say you lacked enough muscle mass (although multiple people have said so). I'm a figure girl.....so if you have more muscle than I do, I am phucked. That being said....I'm going to respectfully agree to disagree
    Dont worry, she only came here to hear how awesome and amazing she is, not to get any real help.

She will compete in 9 weeks, not place, and never come back here....seen the story too many times.

OP, definitely has no muscle to step on stage with, 9 weeks will show that to be true whether she likes it or not.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi everyone,

I have been coaching myself and been prepping for 8 weeks so far and have consistently lost just over 1lb per week so far. I have 9 weeks to go - do you think I will be stage ready in that time? Secondly, what body fat do you think I am from my photo? What should I be doing to make sure I am stage ready on time? I have been lifting for over 2 years consistently and believe I have a good base of muscle and my aim has been to slowly lose fat.

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 133lbs

Thank you.
    There's no way anyone can give a proper body fat estimate when wearing yoga pants and a top. I see an arm, midsection and a back. It's impossible to guess when not being able to see your lower half, which is where most women carry a good portion of their fat.

Based on your height and weight at this point, most women would need to hit a 14-16 week diet to be lean enough come show day.

You can do your show, but you'll be off the mark.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Dont worry, she only came here to hear how awesome and amazing she is, not to get any real help.

She will compete in 9 weeks, not place, and never come back here....seen the story too many times.

OP, definitely has no muscle to step on stage with, 9 weeks will show that to be true whether she likes it or not.
    Keep talking...you're only making me work harder.