Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

not showing on ketostixs is good

this is what has been said by Mauro Dipasquale in an interview wth t-mag by Nelson Montana:

NM: That was the principle which Tim and TC used when putting together the Biotest line. Tell me, you were one of the first proponents of the high-fat/low-carb diet. What's the main difference between the Anabolic Diet that you developed and the presently popular Ketogenic Diet?

MD: When I wrote the Anabolic Diet, I wasn't trying to present an academic hypothesis. I wanted to write about something that would work. These days, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on ketosis, but it's all pretty useless. Staying in a ketogenic state basically means that you haven't adapted to the diet. If ketones are being excreted in the urine (which is how you determine ketosis) by using "keto-sticks," then you're not utilizing ketones for energy very efficiently. Someone who is optimally using fat for fuel should not have ketones in their urine.

NM: Whoa, let me back this up for a second. So what you're saying is, if one were efficiently using ketones for energy and lipolysis on a carb depleted diet...it shouldn't produce a state of ketosis?

MD: That's correct. If you've adapted fully to the diet.

NM: So it's not preferable to be in ketosis if the objective is fat loss?

MD: That's right. This is where I differ from everybody else and why the Anabolic Diet is so effective where others are not. Ketosis is very catabolic! First of all, the Anabolic Diet keeps you at 30 grams of carbs a day, five days a week. That keeps you out of ketosis, but the body begins to adapt to using fat for fuel. On the weekend, you can eat as many carbs as you like. That's the anabolic phase, but the body is still in a fatburning mode. Once there's a spillover of carb calories to fat storage, after no more than 48 hours, you go back to 30 carbohydrate grams a day. Basically, this is meant to be a diet that can be followed easily. Who wants to wake up at night to eat or spend each hour of the day watching exactly how many calories you eat? What's interesting is that I've found that triglyceride levels rise on the days when high carbs are ingested.

But i thought ketones were produced in such big quantities that the body couldnt utilise them all, thus it excreted ketones, so showing ketones on the ketostix doesnt necesarily mean you are not using fats properly.

You can see the rest of the article (although what i posted is the only part refering to keto) at:

http://t-mag.com/html/body_58power.html

Thoughts?Anyone? *looks at Chi_Town*

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BS. Protein conversion changes shows that it is less catabolic. That simple. We all do a 30g a day shake...and get positive on the stix...the writer might be good at writing, but welcome to the real world!
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    after the motabolism has full swithed over to fat for fuel, the rate of protein conversion drops significantly. What a fool.

First of all, the Anabolic Diet keeps you at 30 grams of carbs a day, five days a week. That keeps you out of ketosis

Really ? this is laughable IMO. Must be in a dream world. i would love to see the results of most people tested at 30 grams of carbs a day.......I bet almost all would be in ketosis. WTF..

Another legend in his own mind. What does he think we are all fools ?

LOL

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds to me like the writer of this article needs some basic education as to what ketosis actually is

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    WOW!! My opinion of Dipasquale has just gone 180 degrees. His diet consists of 30 grams of carbs, LOL, which keeps people out of ketosis. Thats funny as I am eating 30 grams and get into ketosis quite easily. He says you carb up on the weekend for 48 hours and anything goes, and you stop when you feel you begin to spill over, WTF is that. IMO I wouldn't recommend his books to anyone as they are very very very general and I believe his diet to be very flawed. You can't just eat whatever the heck you want during the carb up and expect to get ripped. He makes statements like " with this diet triglyceride levels tend to decrease and good cholesterol tends to increase" or " with my diet fat seems to be lost in problem areas that other diets aren't able to have an effect on", but he offers no studies or scientifical date. Thanks for posting this derekmac.

Dilly
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yep guys, i also thought what the ****???? I had a good impression of Dipasquale until now. I thought all the bs that was being talked was being modified by Nelson Montana, since his the interviewer and he hasnt got a good reputation, but I dont think he changed the text and that these were the actual words of Mauro. Mmmmm, and to think he is the creator of the anabolic diet which I have been following, kind of makes me want to quit

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Canarian Roy
    Mmmmm, and to think he is the creator of the anabolic diet which I have been following, kind of makes me want to quit
    Stick with Doran and fitnessman's CKD and you will not go wrong, there is much more science behind it.

LOL

Originally posted by Chi_town
    Stick with Doran and fitnessman's CKD and you will not go wrong, there is much more science behind it.

LOL
    I think you forgot to include yourself in there too mate
    Doran? havent heard of him, but again, its been a while since i havent posted here

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Dorian is a mod here.