Closed Thread
    MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrVegetables is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Who do I see for an annoying SI joint and hip misalignment?

At first I was starting to lose motivation but now its starting to just anger me. I can't even do a Bent Over Row with 135 lbs without the left side of my SI to start really trying to get my attention. I can get through the workout no problem but the pain is still there. It doesn't get really serious until I try to squat or deadlift. I won't feel the pain until after the workout BUT the affects on the misaligned pelvis are felt DURING the workout. For example since my pelvis is slightly rotated to the left, I sort of do some sort of lean with I squat and my right knee hurts from that. All I want to do is be able to squat again folks. That's all. I can't sit in a car for longer than 30 minutes before I get uncomfortable and I can't stand for longer than maybe an hour and a half.

And watching this video didn't help my frustration last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoxV1FR0IKg

I have gone to a chiro before. I went to one in my city. It was more older Mexicans than anything and the waiting room was crowded. It seemed to be kind of a cheap place. I have top notch insurance because of my parents but I went to any chiro in hope that he would fix it. They basically just gave me a massage and he gave some stretches to do at home. I didn't do one stretch and just never came back.
    Half White Half Broadcaster Crew**
    B: 295
    S: 350
    D:435
    5'11.5 180 lbs

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok.. well if you didnt do any of the stretches that were prescribed then that kind of proves that you aren't even willing to try and fix it, regardless of the facility.

Regardless -- going to chiro wont help your problem in the long run. It may help in the short term with alignment, but if you don't have strength in the muscles within your pelvis/core, its just going to go back to the way it was. If you have a misaligned pelvis for too long you could develop scoliosis, which is a whole other nightmare in itself.

I'd recommend going to physio and they will help you develop and strengthen the musculature you need to fix the problem. Remember, its not just going to fix itself after the first session. It takes time.
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daemonium View Post
    Ok.. well if you didnt do any of the stretches that were prescribed then that kind of proves that you aren't even willing to try and fix it, regardless of the facility.

Regardless -- going to chiro wont help your problem in the long run. It may help in the short term with alignment, but if you don't have strength in the muscles within your pelvis/core, its just going to go back to the way it was. If you have a misaligned pelvis for too long you could develop scoliosis, which is a whole other nightmare in itself.

I'd recommend going to physio and they will help you develop and strengthen the musculature you need to fix the problem. Remember, its not just going to fix itself after the first session. It takes time.
    I also have a misaligned pelvis and SI problems, however my chiro has helped me a lot by giving me adjustments but I think more importantly a routine of stretches and strengthening exercises. And like he said, changes don't happen overnight.

Good luck with your troubles, if the chiro isn't working out definitely see a pt, my mother (dpt) deals with these issues all the time.
    "classic Miscer dilemma...

where to spend our money?....

Cheap hooker vs. Nintendo 3DS" -- Chikbrah

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wollo7 View Post
    I also have a misaligned pelvis and SI problems, however my chiro has helped me a lot by giving me adjustments but I think more importantly a routine of stretches and strengthening exercises. And like he said, changes don't happen overnight.

Good luck with your troubles, if the chiro isn't working out definitely see a pt, my mother (dpt) deals with these issues all the time.
    Yeah if your chiro is giving you exercises/stretches to do than thats good. For some cases they will not, but that is what I was getting at.
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000) NeverDeload is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't say if it's normal, but the side of my left hip and SI joint usually get wrecked after squatting heavy for a while. Genetically my body isn't symmetrical, my ribs stick out more on one side than the other. So my torso has a slight twist in it. Squats have always been a nightmare for me, in comparison to bench and deadlift which I love doing. But if you are squatting properly then you shouldn't be getting knee pain. Your right knee must be turning in slightly when you're squatting. Try to focus on not caving that knee in. Make sure you aren't driving from the toes or front of the foot either.

I don't like chiropractor for SI joint pain. I can adjust my body easily and have a good feel for things being in place or not. In my experience if my SI is fried then the last thing I want is a harsh adjustment there. Try sitting down less and improve your posture (but don't force it and make things even tighter). Sleep on your back. Get a lacrosse ball and pancake the **** out of your erector spinae, hips and glutes.
    Last edited by NeverDeload; 05-17-2015 at 05:44 PM.

BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10) BearPear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrVegetables View Post
    At first I was starting to lose motivation but now its starting to just anger me. I can't even do a Bent Over Row with 135 lbs without the left side of my SI to start really trying to get my attention. I can get through the workout no problem but the pain is still there. It doesn't get really serious until I try to squat or deadlift. I won't feel the pain until after the workout BUT the affects on the misaligned pelvis are felt DURING the workout. For example since my pelvis is slightly rotated to the left, I sort of do some sort of lean with I squat and my right knee hurts from that. All I want to do is be able to squat again folks. That's all. I can't sit in a car for longer than 30 minutes before I get uncomfortable and I can't stand for longer than maybe an hour and a half.

And watching this video didn't help my frustration last night:

I have gone to a chiro before. I went to one in my city. It was more older Mexicans than anything and the waiting room was crowded. It seemed to be kind of a cheap place. I have top notch insurance because of my parents but I went to any chiro in hope that he would fix it. They basically just gave me a massage and he gave some stretches to do at home. I didn't do one stretch and just never came back.
    Do you have scapular winging on left shoulder?