Wzo4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low bar Squat form check (video)

Hi guys,

I'm new to squat and bodybuilding in general, can you please review my low bar Squat form?.

here is the vid (remove the - after the h):

h-ttps://vid.me/fjln

1) Did i go deep enough when i sat down?.

2) how is my bar position? ( i can't feel the spin of the scapula, so i just place it on my shoulders where it sits steady)

3) is my hip drive OK?, did my hips go forward?.

Please let me know if there is something wrong with my form.

Thanks.

someone, please?

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Most people probably don;t want to click the vid me url.

- You may be able to set the bar a tad lower

- ditch the running shoes

- you're no where near parallel. I don't know if it's a flexibility thing or if you're just not opening up your hips.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118920551

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Most people probably don;t want to click the vid me url.

- You may be able to set the bar a tad lower

- ditch the running shoes

- you're no where near parallel. I don't know if it's a flexibility thing or if you're just not opening up your hips.

Thanks for your reply!.

So i just need to sit down deeper?, besides that, is everything else OK? (hips not going forward, back posture, movement etc..).

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Wzo4 View Post
    Thanks for your reply!.

So i just need to sit down deeper?, besides that, is everything else OK? (hips not going forward, back posture, movement etc..).
    Your torso did look to be in a fine position. Stance width is something to individual and you'll have to play with it: http://themovementfix.com/the-best-k...t-differently/

Keep in mind, things may break down when you hit proper depth, that's something we'll need to evaluate.

Thanks for your help.

I'll post a new video after the next time i'll squat, hopefully with a better form .

aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aresman1221 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try some other shoes man, it will be easier.

Also, going down to just 90 degrees is not really a problem , specially if you have bad knees. Just keep in mind that ppl in this forum will bitch about it, and so will powerlifters and such, but if you go to 90 you are working.

If you do wanna break parallel, you need to squat deeper.

Originally Posted by aresman1221 View Post
    Try some other shoes man, it will be easier.

Also, going down to just 90 degrees is not really a problem , specially if you have bad knees. Just keep in mind that ppl in this forum will bitch about it, and so will powerlifters and such, but if you go to 90 you are working.

If you do wanna break parallel, you need to squat deeper.

I'll use a flatter shoes from now on, are Caterpillar shoes fine?:

(remove the - after the h)
    h-ttp://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/img11/shoes/a_plus_detail/c26-B001R4BY9E-1-l.jpg

I don't think that i have a problem going deeper than 90 degrees, i just didn't have any indication for how deep i am. Do you have any tip for me to know when i'm below parallel (maybe lower hamstrings touches the calves can be a way)?.

Thanks.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have any tip for me to know when i'm below parallel (maybe lower hamstrings touches the calves can be a way)?.
    Squat in a rack and put a bungee cord across the rack supports at just the right height so your butt touches it at the bottom. You will have to use a camera and experiment a little to find the right height, then once you do, take note of it.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Squat in a rack and put a bungee cord across the rack supports at just the right height so your butt touches it at the bottom. You will have to use a camera and experiment a little to find the right height, then once you do, take note of it.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Can't i just make sure that my hamstrings touches my calves?, it can happen only when i'm below parallel.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll use a flatter shoes from now on, are Caterpillar shoes fine?:

(remove the - after the h)
    h-ttp://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/img11/shoes/a_plus_detail/c26-B001R4BY9E-1-l.jpg

I don't think that i have a problem going deeper than 90 degrees, i just didn't have any indication for how deep i am. Do you have any tip for me to know when i'm below parallel (maybe lower hamstrings touches the calves can be a way)?.

Thanks.
    The issue with running shoes isn't being flat it's having a compressible sole. When squatting you want as hard a sole as possible to give you a nice stable base. Go barefoot and use a board under your heels if you need to. Just don't wear shoes that will compress under a load. If you have the ankle mobility, you can wear something comparable to a converse style shoe, solid sole, but extremely flat or again use a squat board with converse. The key is a solid base under your feet.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining