Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My space angles in the gent's mirror at work on Friday. Not good! A long way to go yet.

Attached Images

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're looking lean enough there Doug, and you're sporting some great pecs, biceps and forearms. You'd still cut an impressive figure on the beach so don't worry
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to see you back in action Doug! Missed a few things in here. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack and already hitting it hard. Lol'd at the labels on the progress pic
    You look really good, not much BF there at all.
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You look lean and primed to go Doug. I don't see much wrong in that pic; but regardless you'll be where you want to quickly for sure.

Glad to see you back at it!
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, if you've got a long way to go then I've got longer to go than I dare think about!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Good to see you back in action Doug! Missed a few things in here. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack and already hitting it hard. Lol'd at the labels on the progress pic
    You look really good, not much BF there at all.
    There's quite a bit missing from here. My gym schedule is being heavily disrupted by trying to manage the building works* while working long hours at my job and us living in an annex above a garage with no phone or internet. On the positive side the weather is good so the fact there is only a dribble of hot water isn't so bad and we can BBQ everything we eat. The alternative single burner camping stove is rather limiting but the pub down the road makes up for it. 2 weeks in and I'm shattered already. Not good for my cortisol levels.

On the positive side I managed 6 x 60Kg OHP again last night. Not as smooth as it used to be, the last 2 were a bit grindy but strength is coming back.

* Our cottage currently has no habitable rooms, no bathroom and a worried looking structural engineer staring at 300 year old timbers working out if we can take out a wall without having the roof fall in.

Still no house to live in. This means more dinners out and the cessation of any calorie deficit. My body weight is stable, unless its beer and pizza night, at around 88Kg. I still look flat/fat most of the time.
    Training is back to 5/3/1 on main lifts with a mixture of swapped BBB and hypertrophy work. My upper body strength has been coming back nicely where I've been aggressively ramping the weights. I've had to resort to some pre-workout to get me going through the lethargy inducing heat, still no air-con at the gym. Still re-treading old ground of course but a little more satisfied with where I am, especially with the OHP.

This week's main lifts 3+ sets were:
    OHP: 6 x 67.5Kg
    Deadlift: 7 x 180Kg

Bench tomorrow and squat on Friday,

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's a nice steady bump on the OHPs in the past three weeks then and that's some pretty sick deadlifting .... maybe having to abandon the cal deficit has done you favours
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 07-22-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    That's a nice steady bump on the OHPs in the past three weeks then and that's some pretty sick deadlifting .... maybe having to abandon the cal deficit has done you favours
    I think you are right. I'm just going to hold at this weight as best I can until we are back in the house. My macros have been skewed a little higher carb than usual[1] and I think that has also helped get my performance back on track. My OHP best ever from the end of my dreamer bulk last year was 5 x 75Kg.

[1] Pub meals very often come with copious quantities of chips, pastry or both... and deserts

When life is stressed enough why load it up with a diet
    And if at 88kg you're as lean as you were in the pic then you've got nothing to worry about (other than having no house of course )

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Quick update on main lifts, still a bit disappointing:

105Kg (3+) Bench last Thursday: 6 reps
    140Kg (3+) Squat last Saturday: 5 reps - this was at the end of a strongman session with farmers and yoke so probably lost a couple.
    70Kg (1+) OHP Monday: 5 reps - last was a grinder. Not much of a 1RM improvement over last week, wanted 6.

Thinking about swapping squat to high bar and trying to work up to the same weight. Getting a bit of elbow pain while squatting low bar and its easier to avoid stress on them for a few weeks while it goes away.

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How's it going man? Any updates? House? Lifting? Beers? Pizza?
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic