Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Health is far more important than picking up a barbell or dumbbell. Neither you or I or anyone on this webpage will ever make a living for going to the gym as a hobby.
    Wise words brother.
    Boom, the more people that realize this the better really. To many people espc in the NPC put their life into it and their fallback is IG account that says national competitor/prep coach AKA making no money , no plans. I put bodybuilding on the backburner for 9 months and I think I made some of the best progress ever during that time period.
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    We got yo back brah

I'm sure all of us can relate to a lot of what you said

Enjoy life & be happy

Rest up too

#lifegainzzzz
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get healthy man.

And when you get back into the gym get back into it for the right reason!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yay.... work on the dadbod with me
    Arnolds Modern Book of Bodybuilding... a must read for anyone into fitness --> http://amzn.to/1hjtHTq

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've got your back. You know that.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Boom, the more people that realize this the better really. To many people espc in the NPC put their life into it and their fallback is IG account that says national competitor/prep coach AKA making no money , no plans. I put bodybuilding on the backburner for 9 months and I think I made some of the best progress ever during that time period.
    I feel like a big issue with it too is that people try and make it a choice when it doesn't have to be. OBVIOUSLY you need to be able to shift your priorities day to day but in the long run, you can do everything you want in life and bodybuilding…just make the conscious decision to do both not either
    advertising not permitted

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Health is far more important than picking up a barbell or dumbbell. Neither you or I or anyone on this webpage will ever make a living for going to the gym as a hobby.
    Wise words brother.
    Agreed, gotta keep priorities in order. Health and happiness will always take precedent over muscle mass, easy to get caught up in muscle building

Sadly so true, Jared. Did you continue training during those 9 months or was it a total break?

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    We got yo back brah

I'm sure all of us can relate to a lot of what you said

Enjoy life & be happy

Rest up too

#lifegainzzzz
    Life gains on the up for sure this year!

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Get healthy man.

And when you get back into the gym get back into it for the right reason!
    Will do JP, thanks man

Originally Posted by Scruffy77 View Post
    Yay.... work on the dadbod with me
    lmao...its pretty hard right now. Not burning those calories from 5 workouts a week and I even have to limit how much walking I do with my knee. I'm eating 3 meals a day now with snacks in between so I don't grow a dadbod

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    I've got your back. You know that.
    Always. Much appreciated

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    I feel like a big issue with it too is that people try and make it a choice when it doesn't have to be. OBVIOUSLY you need to be able to shift your priorities day to day but in the long run, you can do everything you want in life and bodybuilding…just make the conscious decision to do both not either
    Hopefully there will come a time when I can do both simultaneously and remain health and balanced while doing so
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really appreciate you sharing that post man. I'm not sure if this is totally the same, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been there also where I'm like...I'm doing this thing 100%, and if I can't give it every waking thought, what's the use? It took some time for me to change that thinking, and it's been obviously for the better.

I also used to put a ton of pressure on myself, especially in regard to the internet world. Maybe a month or so ago I put my IG on hold and really don't see myself picking it back up again any time soon. Weird to say, but it was like a breath of fresh air.

Always here for you man. I don't know you super well, but from our convos together, I have a pretty good feeling you're going to have a really good life and things will figure themselves out.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I was in the police academy then so I was super busy with that style of training/running/work and whatnot, but I was still in the gym 4 days a week. and eating "clean" . It as a combo of police academy and being two months post show where my macros were 1500 for weeks on end, so it was a nice break

My instagram-- JaredBB22

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phillysteak View Post
    Really appreciate you sharing that post man. I'm not sure if this is totally the same, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been there also where I'm like...I'm doing this thing 100%, and if I can't give it every waking thought, what's the use? It took some time for me to change that thinking, and it's been obviously for the better.

I also used to put a ton of pressure on myself, especially in regard to the internet world. Maybe a month or so ago I put my IG on hold and really don't see myself picking it back up again any time soon. Weird to say, but it was like a breath of fresh air.

Always here for you man. I don't know you super well, but from our convos together, I have a pretty good feeling you're going to have a really good life and things will figure themselves out.
    Yes, I can't train 100% so I don't see the point of "halfing it". I'll take the rest and let my body recover fully. It would do me some good to take awhile off from training and reassess my life and priorities. It's been quite the adjustment finishing school, starting a job, and moving cities. The training I was doing was doing my body more harm than good. When my physical health is not well, I don't feel good or happy. So I'm getting my physical and mental health back to a good point then in the future when I get the desire to hit the iron again, I'll do so.

There's a lot to life and I feel I've missed some opportunities the past few months. For me having a healthy balanced life trumps having a few extra pounds of muscle mass

Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    Yes, I can't train 100% so I don't see the point of "halfing it". I'll take the rest and let my body recover fully. It would do me some good to take awhile off from training and reassess my life and priorities. It's been quite the adjustment finishing school, starting a job, and moving cities. The training I was doing was doing my body more harm than good. When my physical health is not well, I don't feel good or happy. So I'm getting my physical and mental health back to a good point then in the future when I get the desire to hit the iron again, I'll do so.

There's a lot to life and I feel I've missed some opportunities the past few months. For me having a healthy balanced life trumps having a few extra pounds of muscle mass
    I agree 100 percent and bodybuilding/natural or enhanced is still a game very much dominated by genetics. My point with that statement is that you can be doing everything right improve ten fold, 5lbs stage muscle plus better condition diet for 50 weeks perfect peak and still lose to someone who made none of those sacrifices, thats the part that bothers me a little. Is with school, for me work, if you work hard you are rewarded plain and simple. This bodybuilding lifestyle, you give up so much to get back so little. Its def a reason I have stepped away for a while, besides trying to make the most of my time and improve

My instagram-- JaredBB22

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    . This bodybuilding lifestyle, you give up so much to get back so little. Its def a reason I have stepped away for a while, besides trying to make the most of my time and improve
    IMO I get A LOT from bodybuilding. You need to look beyond the mirror and the pounds on the bar. General health, stress relief, new friends, etc. There are soooo many reasons I enjoy this "sport" and it goes well beyond what I see in the mirror. It's made me a stronger, better, more well rounded person in and out of the gym. I think some people just take it way too serious and forget why they ever started.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^been there, slapped in the face, and made some adjustments. I'm with you on this one.

I agree 100 percent and bodybuilding/natural or enhanced is still a game very much dominated by genetics. My point with that statement is that you can be doing everything right improve ten fold, 5lbs stage muscle plus better condition diet for 50 weeks perfect peak and still lose to someone who made none of those sacrifices, thats the part that bothers me a little. Is with school, for me work, if you work hard you are rewarded plain and simple. This bodybuilding lifestyle, you give up so much to get back so little. Its def a reason I have stepped away for a while, besides trying to make the most of my time and improve
    That directly proportionate relationship between work/effort and outcome/success is definitely a major motivator for any part of life. Stepping back from things every once in awhile is a good thing to do to gather thoughts. For sure.

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    IMO I get A LOT from bodybuilding. You need to look beyond the mirror and the pounds on the bar. General health, stress relief, new friends, etc. There are soooo many reasons I enjoy this "sport" and it goes well beyond what I see in the mirror. It's made me a stronger, better, more well rounded person in and out of the gym. I think some people just take it way too serious and forget why they ever started.
    I started exercising for sports and health when I was in my teens. I've definitely enjoyed the journey of bodybuilding. Many aspects from bodybuilding mirror the real world. There's definitely lots that can be learned and applied from bodybuilding without a doubt. I'm going to disagree with the general health statement. I'll speak solely for myself from personal experience and perspective. This will probably be my most pessimistic post on this forum. Having some muscle and strength is a good thing without a doubt, especially as we age and enter an elderly age. Bodybuilding is an extreme though. Every extreme has some sizable "cons" associated with it. For me personally, I know my systolic blood pressure is greatly dependent on both body weight and stress. Bodybuilding? Putting on the pounds in the offseason to grow muscle...never makes my blood pressure happy. And at 25 years of age, I'd prefer to have a decent blood pressure especially with cardiovascular risks that often are increased with genetics. Whether I realized it or not, no matter how much pleasure I got out of a workout, I know that 5 hard workouts per week of high volume, heavy weights induced a lot of stress on me. Both physically and mentally. Dieting to stage levels of bodyfat (especially drug free)? Probably one of the most unhealthy things any human can do to their body physiologically. The mental risks associated with dieting/competing in general? Binge eating, body image, stress, misidentifying happiness with pleasure, etc. Weighing the pros and cons of bodybuilding, I couldn't justify the pros any longer. That sucks to say because I enjoy lifting weights and being on a journey and having self-improvement and everything, but at what cost does it come at?

Originally Posted by phillysteak View Post
    ^^been there, slapped in the face, and made some adjustments. I'm with you on this one.
    Adjustments are good. Keeps everything in perspective. I'm still learning this wisdom.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brah, do whatever makes you happy.

You got a lot on your plate so figuring out what's priority in your life is most important

You don't have anything to prove to anyone & you don't have any pressure from any of us

Some ppl might look at a power lifter & say.. "Yeah, he's really strong but he's fat as fck"

The power lifter will say.. "No matter what I look like.. Pushing maximum weight makes me happy"

Also, what might make you want to do a contest prep all over again is remembering that feeling of being on stage.. It's euphoric

But at the end of the day.. Love yourself no matter what you look like, how much you weight, or how strong you are.. Enjoy a donut here & there.. Laugh & be happy

I respect you man
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just stopping in to see whats been going on man

Just stopping in to see whats been going on man
    Thanks for dropping by!

I work out 4 days per week to stay healthy, happy, and functional for my job. I suffered a bit of binge eating about 3-4 months post contest, but have it in check these days for the most part.

No more "training" for me at this point in my life. A lot has changed with graduating school, moving states, and growing as an adult. My focus is on staying strong enough to perform my job functions, keeping bodyfat low for general health, improving my cardiovascular endurance. I don't even lift those four days per week, I do pushups and situps every morning upon waking up. A weight session would consist of a full-body circuit with minimal rest.

My knee injury has subsided and and I can do HIIT, dunk basketballs, and do moderate weight for my legs.

I don't need the stress of bodybuilding or training in my life right now. Things might change in the future, who knows what's in store for any of us years down the road!!

Definitely a time and a place for everything! Glad to see balance is coming back to you man!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For a hobby none of us will collect paychecks off of you have your head in the right place.
    Giving you all those baked goods after your show prob did not help either

Definitely a time and a place for everything! Glad to see balance is coming back to you man!
    For a hobby none of us will collect paychecks off of you have your head in the right place.
    Giving you all those baked goods after your show prob did not help either
    This is it man, I always preach balance, so many people don't have good jobs, don't have their future set up or a college degree but get free amino acids and have 50k instagram followers. Your doing it right man. So where is the best bbq down there?

My instagram-- JaredBB22

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is it man, I always preach balance, so many people don't have good jobs, don't have their future set up or a college degree but get free amino acids and have 50k instagram followers. Your doing it right man. So where is the best bbq down there?
    Black’s Barbecue – Lockhart Texas

Thank me later.

Much needed balance in life!

Niko's Steakhouse is pretty darn good! Tons of Mexican food here, authentic stuff too, none of that rip off junk, I'm so close to the border.

Black’s Barbecue – Lockhart Texas

Thank me later.
    If I'm ever near Lockhart, I'll be making a pit stop there, thanks Bob!

Wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Life gains for 2016 for everyone.