Dooza12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone tried Shortcut to Size 12 week program?

I am one week in to the program and just wondering if anyone else has done it? Seen the results the program suggests you will see? Like the meal plan with high protein/moderate carb?

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What results does the program suggest you'll see? It's only 12 weeks, so you won't see much from a visual standpoint.

I ran it, and I saw some improvement on a few of my lifts (I think incline bench was the biggest improvement). Expect to be in the gym for a LOOONG time though, and IMO there are better programs out there. Also suggest you eat at a surplus because it's a grueling program volume-wise. How long have you been lifting and what are your lift numbers?
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

You are telling me about long bouts in the gym! I was there for almost 2.5 hours today! I may have to switch programs just to better suit my schedule. I've been seriously weight training for only 4 months, but have always been a very active person.

I do enjoy the diet on the program (2,106 calories 216c/189p/54f) since I prefer protein to carbs. I'm 5'08' and weigh 108, so definitely looking to put on some lean muscle and general body mass.

Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    What results does the program suggest you'll see? It's only 12 weeks, so you won't see much from a visual standpoint.

I ran it, and I saw some improvement on a few of my lifts (I think incline bench was the biggest improvement). Expect to be in the gym for a LOOONG time though, and IMO there are better programs out there. Also suggest you eat at a surplus because it's a grueling program volume-wise. How long have you been lifting and what are your lift numbers?

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dooza12 View Post
    You are telling me about long bouts in the gym! I was there for almost 2.5 hours today! I may have to switch programs just to better suit my schedule. I've been seriously weight training for only 4 months, but have always been a very active person.

I do enjoy the diet on the program (2,106 calories 216c/189p/54f) since I prefer protein to carbs. I'm 5'08' and weigh 108, so definitely looking to put on some lean muscle and general body mass.
    The workouts only get longer during phase 2.

I would NOT suggest running this program with only 4 months of lifting experience. Reason being is beginners can take advantage of beginner gains, and usually progress faster on a program that builds in this progression. People lifting for a while progress more slowly, so advanced programs are programmed as such, expecting you to see slower strength and size gains. In general, you'd most likely see the best progression from hitting your full body every other day rather than splitting at this point, since the higher frequency will benefit you.

There should be stickies that list programs that would be more appropriate. Off the top of my head, look up 5x5, Starting Strength, AllPros, Fierce 5.

No real reason for that much protein. Also, at those stats, you need to eat more. Keep in mind you can't magically build muscle from nothing. Gains are built with calories.

EDIT: will also add in to qualify that I ran that program as part of a log and because it was suggested to me. In retrospect my time could have probably been spent elsewhere. Really my biggest issue with it is the workouts are so long that your intensity towards the end sucks so much that one muscle group gets hit and the other doesn't (e.g. On chest and back day, chest is first and gets hit hard, but you'll have nothing left for back).
    Last edited by VO2Maxima; 05-12-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

Thanks. I was doing a 5x5 for a few months and really liked it. I plan to go back. What macro breakdown would you suggest, if you think my protein now is too high? I was going for about a 40/40/20 split....

Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    The workouts only get longer during phase 2.

I would NOT suggest running this program with only 4 months of lifting experience. Reason being is beginners can take advantage of beginner gains, and usually progress faster on a program that builds in this progression. People lifting for a while progress more slowly, so advanced programs are programmed as such, expecting you to see slower strength and size gains. In general, you'd most likely see the best progression from hitting your full body every other day rather than splitting at this point, since the higher frequency will benefit you.

There should be stickies that list programs that would be more appropriate. Off the top of my head, look up 5x5, Starting Strength, AllPros, Fierce 5.

No real reason for that much protein. Also, at those stats, you need to eat more. Keep in mind you can't magically build muscle from nothing. Gains are built with calories.
    Last edited by Dooza12; 05-12-2015 at 12:59 PM.

JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000) JessicaC20 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tried it. It seems I gained about 2 lbs of lean muscle. It's nothing revolutionary but it's good if you like to have a set plan to keep you motivated. One word of caution however, the first two days of each week take FOREVER in the gym espeecially during the 12-15 rep weeks.

Originally Posted by Dooza12 View Post
    I am one week in to the program and just wondering if anyone else has done it? Seen the results the program suggests you will see? Like the meal plan with high protein/moderate carb?