PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick IF Question...

So I really want to incorporate intermittent fasting into my daily nutritional regime bc it helps me stay in my macros, on track and I just feel altogether great while doing IF.

Now I know the rules of how this all works and I know there's a lot of different strategies in regards to how most goes about it but here's my question:

continuing my fast from wakeup to early/mid afternoon (at which point I'll open my 8 hour eating window to get my nutrition that's needed) you're not supposed to eat or drink any calories but I adore my morning coffee time where I chill out and enjoy my coffee while adjusting to waking up and whatnot BUT I love to put creamer in. I use the sugar free coffee mate Italian sweet cream flavor and with this it gives me only 120 calories and 8 grams carbs max, sometimes less. That's total to thet

My question is if I choose to incorporate IFinto my diet, eating between noon and 8 pm Anne i usually wakeup either 5 or 5, can i all have thus little hit of creamer in my coffee in the morning and have it not reek havoc on my plan. Will that tinny bit of cal/carbs in my morning coffee break up my fast and defeat the purpose or is it small enough that it won't matter?

ALSO! I do ask my weeklong out in the mornings after my coffee time (if this helps with an educated answer.)

Thanks for any info. I want to get the best results I can from my Keto/IF plan but i love my morning coffee and don't want to abandon my creamer or my hard work?
    So what do you think?n is it smash enough that I wouldn't have to break my fast?

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The actual "fasted" mode of IF is vastly blown out of proportions, it's hunger control and that's it (the other socalled "benefits" comes from way longer fasting (34+ hours and by which negative reactions outweighs them).

If the creamer doesn't make you hungry during the rest of the time then go for it. Breaking the fast is not going to do any harm apart from the potential increase in hunger.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

neilawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PsychoWriter View Post
    So I really want to incorporate intermittent fasting into my daily nutritional regime bc it helps me stay in my macros, on track and I just feel altogether great while doing IF.

Now I know the rules of how this all works and I know there's a lot of different strategies in regards to how most goes about it but here's my question:

continuing my fast from wakeup to early/mid afternoon (at which point I'll open my 8 hour eating window to get my nutrition that's needed) you're not supposed to eat or drink any calories but I adore my morning coffee time where I chill out and enjoy my coffee while adjusting to waking up and whatnot BUT I love to put creamer in. I use the sugar free coffee mate Italian sweet cream flavor and with this it gives me only 120 calories and 8 grams carbs max, sometimes less. That's total to thet

My question is if I choose to incorporate IFinto my diet, eating between noon and 8 pm Anne i usually wakeup either 5 or 5, can i all have thus little hit of creamer in my coffee in the morning and have it not reek havoc on my plan. Will that tinny bit of cal/carbs in my morning coffee break up my fast and defeat the purpose or is it small enough that it won't matter?

ALSO! I do ask my weeklong out in the mornings after my coffee time (if this helps with an educated answer.)

Thanks for any info. I want to get the best results I can from my Keto/IF plan but i love my morning coffee and don't want to abandon my creamer or my hard work?
    So what do you think?n is it smash enough that I wouldn't have to break my fast?
    if ur gonna have any calories. Atleast wait 16 hrs.

As for fasting. Its pointless. Being in a deficit vs being on interminnent fasted deficit (shouldn't matter you lose the same amount of weight either way. Its only used for health reasons and personal preference for example if you want to eat more food at once time than another.

if is only useful for insulin control.