guffman44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shredding safe for a 56 year old?

Thinking about taking a shredding supplement to lose weight.

The one I am looking at contains 270 mg of caffeine. I'm generally in good health, besides missing my appendix and gall bladder.....and tonsils.....well, generally good health. I took something called Cellucor Super HD that had 160 mg of caffeine in it a couple months ago. It didn't make me jittery as much as it made me feel weird a depressed. I know a woman who took it and it had the same effect on her.

Do all these weight loss products have basically the same ingredients? The one I am thinking of taking is from SixStar. I've had good luck with a couple of their products.

Thanks

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe just eat less. I dunno...................

Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat less, workout more, drink a bit more coffee. And save some $$.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They still sell coffee dont they?
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only thing those pills lighten is your wallet.

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet and exercise is tremendously more important than a supplement. Caffeine content does not dictate whether it is effective or not.

I'd look at the nutrition section -- lots of useful info there.
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

guffman44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So...are you for it or against it *snicker*

Thanks for your input. :-)

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only shredding supplement I know that works is eating less.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shredding supplements, fat burners etc do not help for weight loss.

The best fat burner is eating for fat loss and adding cardio to your plan.

The only thing fat burners are good for would be a little extra energy. Nothing else.
    40's Masters Winner and Overall Masters Winner 2009 NGA Music City Night of Champions, Nashville TN.

NPC Masters Bodybuilder.

Personal Trainer, Prep Coach, Health Coach and Nutritionist

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do it on your own if you have the drive and dedication to keep at it for a long time.
    My wife after 18 months lost 100 pounds which was her goal.
    I helped her with training and diet advice.
    We didn't do the biggest loser bash and trash her.
    Slow and methodical with being patient.
    We didn't freak when she didn't lose weight for a couple weeks.
    We didn't deny her foods she wanted to eat just did it once or twice a week in small amounts.
    Easiest way is to reduce your calories and increase your activity level.
    Kettlebell swings and walking were done almost every day along with three days a week of weight training.
    No fat burner supplements were used at all only a whey protien drink.
    Also she's 50 years old so no excuses.

OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back in the 90s, I got good use out of real Ephedra products. Unfortunately those have been banned. I still miss the original formula Ripped Fuel.

These days I usually buy an energy drink before I lift. Go for the low-cal types.

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love the word "shredding" but I don't think it means what you think it means. I'm guessing you want to get a bit leaner? Shredding is something entirely different. Shredding would be when you're already lean and want to get extremely lean so that you look like an anatomy chart. Getting "leaner" is a mere matter of consistently finding yourself in a caloric deficit and then of course it wouldn't hurt to burn a few extra calories during some exercise which you could also do regularly if you want to speed things up a bit. It takes a while so don't be in such a hurry. Stay away from super high caffeine stuff although a little bit of it can help a little bit, nothing miraculous.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Maybe just eat less. I dunno...................
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    The only shredding supplement I know that works is eating less.
    Am with Jerry and ljimd on this one. Eat less and for me that means cutting carbs and upping my cardio.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.