Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

🌴Lifting In Paradise with the Femme Nutrition Stack!🌴

Hello all, this is officially my first log! Please let me know of any improvements I can make!

Firstly, a little about myself. I turn 29 in about a month, have been an on-off hobby lifter for a while and a long-time lurker of BB.com. Working on getting into nursing school, and newly married. Have recently been getting more serious with my gym time, so felt comfortable with trying to take on a few logging opportunities.

About the company and products: Femme Nutrition is a fairly new supplement company that is newly available for purchase on BB.com. They have 4 products currently on market; Firm, Fit, Zip, and a skin firming cream. For this log, they have VERY generously provided me with full-size samples of Firm, Fit, and Zip.

Firm - Per the website, Firm is a Carnitine-based fat loss formula that makes use of the amino acid for its believe ability to assist the body in using fat as fuel, thus hopefully increasing the loss of body fat. There are no stimulants in Firm. The flavor that I received is the Coconut Lychee!

Fit - Fit is Femme's BCAA complex powder. Most on here are well familiar with BCAAs; the Fit powder sports 2.5g L-leucine, 1.25g L-isoleucine, and 1.25g L-valine for a total of 5g BCAAs per 7.7g scoop. Fit also has some Carnitine in it to further the impact of its believed effects on fat loss. Femme has also added 500mg raw coconut water concentrate for a little electrolyte boost during a workout. The flavor I received is Pineapple.

Zip - While containing 160mg of caffeine, Femme Nutrition's pre-workout claims to be able to sustain energy as much as 8 times longer than caffeine alone with the help of a complex named PurEnergy. PurEnergy is made of pterostilbene and caffeine co-crystal with BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract). Just like the other products in this stack, Zip contains Carnitine to help with fat loss. The CarnoSyn beta-alanine in this product is purported to be essential for the synthesis of carnosine in the muscle, which according to their website acts as a buffer to delay the onset of muscle fatigue. The flavor I received is Passion Fruit

While specifically mentioned as a component of a special complex in Zip, it is worth noting that along with carnitine, all of Femme Nutrition's supplements contain BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract). A quick Google search informed me that this specific branded form of the extract has been clinically tested in the US and shown to increase thermogenesis and the absorption of nutrients.

Ok! With that out of the way, my first impressions: The packaging is cute, and I like the simplicity of their logo. A big fan of the minimal ingredients in their products and that most of the ingredients are easily recognizable. Though not listed as fruit extracts, the labels say that their flavors are all natural, and they are all sweetened with sucralose. I picked up my package on my way to work this morning, and put four scoops of Firm in my 1L water bottle (going along the lines of the recommended amounts). The inner seal wasn't sealed properly so some of the product had formed little clumps due to moisture, but other than that it was all a fine powder. None of the other products were improperly sealed, and the exterior seals on all of them were in tact, so I'm sure nothing was tampered with and the one I received was just a fluke. No big deal, the product still tasted INCREDIBLE. It's like a Smarties candy! The flavor was strong enough following the recommended usage that I'm pretty sure I could halve it and have it still taste great, while conserving my usage and getting the product to last longer. Winning! Over the course of the day I definitely started to notice a spicyness from the BioPerine as well. Today is an off-day, so I made myself a little of the Fit to sip. Next time I use the Fit, I will put it in a water bottle, or start off with a small amount of water until it is mixed; it likes to rise to the top of your drink. Tastes very good, not overly pineapple-y or fake, but not the easiest thing to mix without sloshing it around. I am very happy with the flavor though! May have to make some virgin pina coladas with it while my mom is visiting for Mother's Day! My hubs was headed to the gym so I let him have the first test of the Zip. I sipped his to taste it for myself and, no surprise, it tastes great! I will have to update tomorrow after lifting as to any noticeable effects it has on my lifting.

Here is a pic that I took before diving into the Firm before work:

Right off the bat, I am thinking I will definitely be trying the other flavors once I run out! Really great tasting stuff! I will say though, for anyone who orders: if you are wanting to keep the labels intact as much as possible, be very careful when peeling off the outer seal. I almost ripped the entire label off of my Firm in my excitement to try it!
    MFP: mkjbarreto
    Insta: barretosupreme
    Personal Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162859401

*Femme Nutrition product log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167407101

LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftLikeATiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How have the products been going Madi-J? I'm interested to hear

Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Took a few days off from the boards since my mom was in town for Mother's Day. We had a really great time together!

I have had to toy with my usage of the Femme products during this time. For the first couple of days I just used Firm and Fit, and drank them over the course of the day. I noticed that on these days, I had a horrible headache by the end of the day... Took a couple of days off from the products and was fine. The other night I made some Firm in just 8oz rather than adding to my daily water bottle, and thank the heavens, no headache! I was really worried that I was going to have to stop using this stack. I don't know exactly why drinking over the course of the day gave me headaches while making a single drink doesn't seem to bother me; if anyone else who won happens to read this, I would be interested to know if you have experienced any issues similar to mine? Anyhow, Thursday and Friday I had pretty great workouts! Good amount of energy and focus, Zip doesn't make me jittery which is GREAT. I hate feeling jittery. And it tastes spectacular which is an added plus!

For anyone interested in what I've done for lifting so far, here it is:

Thursday 5/7- Calves & Shoulders
    Standing calf raise
    30lbs, 3 sets of 12

Single leg calf raise on cable leg press
    10lbs, 4 sets of 15 per leg

Seated plate calf raise
    45lbs, 2 sets of 20

Reverse calf raise with kettle bell
    15lbs, 5 sets of 20

Face pulls on lat pulldown
    40lbs, 1 set of 20 and 1 set of 25
    (Cut this short because the bench/chair I like for shoulder press came open and it's a popular item.)

Seated DB shoulder press
    20lbs for 8
    25lbs for 8
    30lbs for 2 sets of 8, 1 set of 10 (with a lil help from the hubs)
    22.5lbs for 4

Superset of lateral raise, front raise, and rear delt fly with DBs
    5lbs for 3 sets of 20

Friday 5/8 - Legs Since my mom flew in Thurs night, I did an early morning leg workout...it was rough. I am not a morning person, and towards the end was really feeling the lack of food intake.

Superset:
    Horizontal single leg ham curl
    10lbs for 12
    15 for 12
    20 for 12
    Leg ext, single leg
    15lbs for 2 sets of 12
    20lbs for 12

Cable Abductor
    25lbs for 20
    55lbs for 20
    85lbs for 20
    100lbs for 20
    70lbs for 20

Plate loaded leg press
    90lbs for 15
    140lbs for 15
    180lbs, 3 sets of 20
    90lbs for 20

Glute bridge on leg ext
    45lbs, 3 sets of 20

*Femme Nutrition product log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167407101

Long overdue update! The products still taste fantastic, so that is a big plus! Workouts going well except for the past few days because yours truly thought she would be smart and sign up for a three week anatomy and physiology course..... Yea, shoot me now. So far, while drinking serves of the various products in one glass of water, I have not experienced the headaches that I had when I first used these, however the other day my husband drank some of the BCAAs and had a really bad headache afterwards. Still not sure exactly what it is that causes this. For me, any time I got headaches it was from using the Firm. I have only ever had the Fit mixed with the other products but have not experienced headaches with it. The Zip has given me zero issues whatsoever. Other than the random headaches, I have discovered that Fit does not mix well at all. Half of the serve will float to the top and whether shaken or stirred, refuses to mix. I imagine this problem could be eliminated by only using this to make smoothies and other blended drinks. Other than that, I have noticed that I miss a little bit of the caffeine kick that I get from other preworkouts that I have tried. However, Zip is still a very solid preworkout as I have tons of focus and endurance in my workouts.

Tuesday 5/12 - Back
    Lat pulldown
    30lbs for 20
    50lbs for 15
    70lbs for 10
    90lbs for 2 sets of 10, 1 set of 15
    60lbs for 10

Straight arm lat pulldown on cables
    50lbs for 3 sets of 12
    30lbs for 1 set of 12 with a slow negative

Dumbbell row
    20lbs for 10
    27.5lbs for 10
    32.5lbs for 2 sets of 10, 1 set of 15
    20lbs for 10

Isolateral plate pulldown
    25lbs for 10
    45lbs for 3 sets of 10

Cable row
    70lbs for 8 - was a little overconfident in the amount of oomph I had left, lol.
    50lbs for 1 set of 12, 1 set of 15
    30lbs for 20 with a pause at the top of the movement for the first 10. Talk about a burn. I usually don't feel anything with this exercise so to feel something for once was nice!

Reverse sit up on cables
    40lbs for 5 sets of 20

Wednesday 5/13 - Calves and shoulders
    Superset for calves:
    Single leg calf press on cable leg press
    10lbs for 20
    15lbs for 20
    20lbs for 2 sets of 20

Reverse calf raise with kettlebell
    15lbs for 3 sets of 20

DB shoulder press
    15lbs for 8
    25lbs for 8
    30lbs for 3 sets of 10
    15lbs for 5

Shoulder superset of front raise, lateral raise, and rear delt fly with dumbbells
    5lbs for 3 sets of 20

Saturday 5/16 - Legs
    Superset leg ext and ham curl:
    Leg ext
    10lbs for 20
    20lbs for 20
    40lbs for 15

Ham curl
    10lbs for 20
    20lbs for 20
    40lbs for 15 (did 10, rested a few seconds then got the last 5.)

Abductor machine
    30lbs for 20
    50lbs for 20
    70lbs for 1 set 15, 1 set 20

Squats
    95lbs for 5
    115lbs for 5
    135lbs for 3 sets of 10

Glute bridge with medicine ball
    50lbs for 3 sets of 15

FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Madi.

Thanks for the logs so far. Just so you know it is the Luecine that is floating in Fit, because it is so pure with out any fillers or dissolvers it will usually float

Also was the headaches only after you had 4 scoops of Firm in one day?

Femme Nutrition

Originally Posted by FemmeNutrition View Post
    Hey Madi.

Thanks for the logs so far. Just so you know it is the Luecine that is floating in Fit, because it is so pure with out any fillers or dissolvers it will usually float

Also was the headaches only after you had 4 scoops of Firm in one day?

Femme Nutrition

Good to know about the leucine!

The first day I used 4 scoops of Firm, second day I only used one scoop of Firm and about half a scoop of Fit. Both of those days I had dissolved the product into just over 1L of filtered water which I sipped on over the course of the day. I've noticed that I can still feel off after my drinks if I don't have plenty of plain water afterwards. Not a bad deal though, I have a hard time with hydrating properly some days, so the need for additional water helps with that a lot!

Have had to skip several days due to my current school/work schedule, decided to join the hubs' rotation on leg day yesterday. Had a very strong workout, IMO. Mixed a half scoop of Zip and Firm, and added in some random blue raspberry amino stuff that the hubs uses. I am going to start having way too much fun mixing these products with other things to create different flavor combos! Yum! I am also having to hide the Zip...unbeknownst to me, my husband has used nearly the entire tub during the days that I was off from lifting. Needless to say, I am not pleased, as Zip is my favorite product in this stack. My workouts have been really great with this product, and last night was one of the best.

Thursday 5/21 - Legs

Superset ham curl and leg press/leg ext
    Horizontal ham curl
    10lbs for 16 reps
    20lbs for 15 reps
    30lbs for 12 reps

Single leg press on cable machine
    10lbs for 15
    20lbs for 15
    Leg ext opened up for final round
    30lbs for 15

Squats
    95lbs for 5
    115lbs for 5
    135lbs for 5
    145lbs for 5
    155lbs for 5
    165lbs for 5
    175lbs for 2 sets of 5 - had spot for both, first set did mostly on my own but almost failed on 5th rep. Second set had spot pretty much the whole set.
    135lbs for 5 - the pump was real.

Cable abductor machine
    70lbs for 20
    85lbs for 20
    100lbs for 2 sets of 20
    70lbs for 8
    Last edited by Madi-J; 05-22-2015 at 08:16 PM.

mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) mgaier1991 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for support!! Very detailed here

Nice lifts also very strong!! Keep it up!

FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) FemmeNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    4 scoops in 1 day of FIRM is a little bit too much

Because you are getting such a large dose of Carnitine (3 grams) per scoop once you have 4 scoops it would be 12 grams. That is a very high dose for 1 day and would explain the head aches

Been gone due to school, switching jobs and a much needed vacation with my husband! As I am now out of all but a little bit of the Firm, I'm going to go ahead and wrap up this log. All in all, Femme Nutrition's product stack is fantastic! The flavors are amazing and I really loved their preworkout product, Zip. As much as I loved the flavor of Firm, I noticed over time that I did still experience occasional headaches but always mental fogginess from that product even at times where I only used 1/2 the scoop. That appears to be an issue with my own personal biochemistry however, as I have not seen any report of headaches or other adverse reactions in the logs of others selected for this promotion. I haven't dug into the issue to try to figure out why I only had trouble with that one product and not the others. Since starting this log, I have tried a couple of other BCAA supplements and found that Fit is indeed not the only BCAA that doesn't mix to my liking! I am noticing that I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to mixability, so take my earlier complaint with a grain of salt. And as I believe I mentioned before, that issue should be a non-issue for anyone inclined to make a tasty smoothie with their Fit! Overall, Zip was definitely my favorite out of the three, and there is a very high chance that I will be purchasing the other flavor to try it out!

And lastly, here are the workouts that I've done since my last update!

Thursday 6/4 - Legs
    This was a really quick workout but the intensity level felt pretty high

Squats
    95lbs for 10
    115lbs for 5
    135lbs for 2 sets 10, 1 set 8

Abductor machine
    40lbs for 20
    70lbs for 4 sets of 20

Basically, even though I didn't do a ton of exercises, I had a hard time walking up the stairs to leave the gym, lol.

Friday 6/5 - Arms and Abs

Curls
    5lbs for 2 sets 20
    20lb preload barbell for 20 (someone was bogarting all of the 10lb dumbbells...)
    12.5lbs for 6 sets of 10 (10 reps ea regular curl, hammer curl, and cross body curl with pause in between and approx 1 min halfway through)
    8lbs for 3 sets 10 (see above)

Preacher curls
    8lbs for 2 sets 8

Tri press down
    40lbs for 20
    60lbs for 2 sets 10, 2 sets 12, 1 set 15

Skull crushers
    20lb preload BB for 5 (tris were toast)

Decline sit-up
    1 set 20, 1 set 15

Incline leg lift
    2 sets 15

Saturday 6/6 - Back and calves

SUPERSET
    Bodyweight calf raise
    3 sets 20
    Single leg front calf raise
    15lb kettlebell for 3 sets 20

Single leg calf raise on cable leg press
    50lbs for 2 sets 15
    30lbs for 20

Cable row
    40lbs for 15
    60lbs for 10, 15, and 12 w/pause at apex

Isolateral plate high row
    35lbs for 10
    45lbs for 10, 12, 15

Underhand lat pull down
    60lbs for 12

Straight arm pull down
    50lbs for 2 sets 15

DB row on flat bench
    25lbs for 10
    35lbs for 10, 7
    25lbs for 5