Ashleyx41987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout to get rid of underarm fat

Hello ladies, Im new to this site but have been working out for the past few months. I have seen a lot of progress throughout my body but the one area I feel is lagging is that dreaded extra fat under my arms, like armpit area and down to wear my bra sits, if that makes sense lol. Im not sure if there are specific workouts I can do to help tighten that area up? Right now I workout 5-6x a week for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day weight training started adding some cardio after a sports injury. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're asking if you can spot reduce, no, it's not possible. The only way to lose fat from one area, is to lose fat altogether. You can help tighten up extra skin by working on your biceps, and triceps.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ashleyx41987 View Post
    Hello ladies, Im new to this site but have been working out for the past few months. I have seen a lot of progress throughout my body but the one area I feel is lagging is that dreaded extra fat under my arms, like armpit area and down to wear my bra sits, if that makes sense lol. Im not sure if there are specific workouts I can do to help tighten that area up? Right now I workout 5-6x a week for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day weight training started adding some cardio after a sports injury. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    There is no specific exercise. It goes back to fat loss which is controlled through diet and eating in a calorie deficit.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 5'5" and 156 lbs, it is simply a matter of dropping that body fat down to an ideal level for your height - and with the diet your body gets to choose where it wants to lose from first, lol.

I think if you get down to 125-130, you'll see significant improvement on your arm flab!

You definitely do not need - nor should be doing - 6 workouts per week for nearly 2 hrs per day. You cannot out-exercise bad diet. If losing fat is your goal - tighten up that diet. Get really anal with counting - weighing every bite on a digital scale, etc. There is simply no good reason to spend that much time in the gym. What program are you following?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Thanks ladies, I really don't eat bad, if anything my issue is not eating enough. When I was tracking my calories in the past it was horrible I was eating maybe 1200 cals a day but burning over 200 in cardio alone and that wasnt even including weight training calories lost. I have since tried to up my calories with greens, protein and fruits. I was able to reduce a lot of that area by upping my weight on chest and back day. As far as the weight goes Im working on lowering it. My body is kinda weird I weigh 153 as of today but I wear a size 3 jeans and small top. Ive always been told by my doctors Im heavy boned lol. I was down to 135 before I broke my ankle and that left me with ribs sticking out grossly so my ideal weight is probably gonna be 140ish. As far as the workout goes, I follow my own routine lots of weight training. I go that often because I love the working out. I really hate off days and will avoid them if possible. I am having surgery in a month so Ive been hitting it hard before then to make up for the time I wont be able to workout.

CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To echo kimm4 and others, it comes down to diet. That being said, to "put something underneath" there, per se, to build triceps.. I am a fan of real honest dips (no, not from the floor or a bench-real ones) and close grip bench press

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks ladies, I really don't eat bad, if anything my issue is not eating enough. .
    Nah, that's not the problem. If you were eating 1200 calories per day, you wouldn't weigh 153 lbs.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Nah, that's not the problem. If you were eating 1200 calories per day, you wouldn't weigh 153 lbs.
    Then you would be the first person to say that. Ive had to see a nutritionist last year who made me track all my food and said I shot my metabolism to **** not eating enough and then when I had my hysterectomy it messed it up even more. Pretty sure that YOU might get skinny if you only ate once a day but it doesnt work for me. I ate 1 cup applesauce for breakfast, half a turkey alvacado sandwich for lunch and 1/2 can progresso soup for dinner yesterday....thats an average days meal for me. No snacking, no sugar drinks, no soda, just water... I was looking for workout advice, not lets talk about weight. Everytime Ive ever told someone to guess my weight they always put me at about 115 maybe 120 on a bad day. Im not fat, Ive had 4 kids and stayed in or below a size 5 even fullterm, I just wanted to know how to tighten up that area more since that seems to be the last place to tone up.

Originally Posted by CRascoll View Post
    To echo kimm4 and others, it comes down to diet. That being said, to "put something underneath" there, per se, to build triceps.. I am a fan of real honest dips (no, not from the floor or a bench-real ones) and close grip bench press
    thanks I will start doing those. I was able to build up my strength to do bench dips and then I typically use the dip machine with 130 lbs but I will give actual dips a try. I found that changing my routine a little last week really made a huge difference, guess I might have hit a plateau before

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Then you would be the first person to say that. Ive had to see a nutritionist last year who made me track all my food and said I shot my metabolism to **** not eating enough and then when I had my hysterectomy it messed it up even more. Pretty sure that YOU might get skinny if you only ate once a day but it doesnt work for me. I ate 1 cup applesauce for breakfast, half a turkey alvacado sandwich for lunch and 1/2 can progresso soup for dinner yesterday....thats an average days meal for me. No snacking, no sugar drinks, no soda, just water... I was looking for workout advice, not lets talk about weight. Everytime Ive ever told someone to guess my weight they always put me at about 115 maybe 120 on a bad day. Im not fat, Ive had 4 kids and stayed in or below a size 5 even fullterm, I just wanted to know how to tighten up that area more since that seems to be the last place to tone up.
    You can talk workout advice all day long, but your specific question goes back to fat loss which is controlled through diet.

Obviously not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the honest answer.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Having a hysterectomy won't slow your metabolism. My friend had one, and she's as skinny as she ever was. Even with a metabolism problem, you're looking at, at MOST a 300cal change in either direction, so even if your TDEE was around 1800, 1200 would be enough to lose. Your body can't produce energy from nothing.

Like kimm said, your goal is to lose fat. Losing fat is all about nutrition. You can either start measuring, weighing, and tracking every calorie that goes in your body to make sure it's accurate, or you can continue to tell yourself what you want to hear and keep the underarm fat.

And if a doctor ever tells you you're "heavy boned," you need a new doctor. Bones can vary in density, but not enough to add significant pounds on the scale.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    And if a doctor ever tells you you're "heavy boned," you need a new doctor. Bones can vary in density, but not enough to add significant pounds on the scale.
    This ^^

If your doctor ever took even a basic human biology course they should know this. That's not how bones work.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283