Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Underdevelopment of males in the 21st century (srs)

So, I just had this thought, misc.

Is it possible, that the reason we have so many betas, WKs, virgins, FAs and so forth, is that we live in a society today that does not put men under the necessary pressures that mold these men into the tough alphas that most of us really want to be?

For myself personally, I believe that in order to fundamentally change your character, you have to put yourself in a situation that demands the change. For instance, if you're a fuking pussy, and you're fed up with it, force yourself to do something that requires you to be tough and courageous, e.g. MMA training/fighting as one example.

If you're a 20 or 30-something year old dependent living at your parents' house, how the fuk do you expect to have a strong, independent personality? If life doesn't force you to be independent or you don't force yourself to be it, you'll never be it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't claim to be tough, alpha or even independent, but I've done some thinking about why I personally don't embody these characteristics and I have come to the conclusion that I simply haven't put myself in or haven't been forced into environments that required it.

What are your thoughts on this? Completely srs thread.

cliffs

-Many men are not tough, alpha, etc in today's world because their environments don't force them to be it
    Last edited by shreddster; 05-03-2015 at 08:16 AM.

BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree 100% op

The world is rapidly pussifying

Men are not supposed to be alpha and play with trucks anymore. The gender roles are becoming less "traditional" and more neutral. The nanny state government and media pushing that it's ok to "be yourself" and that you were just "made that way" promotes more ****gytime pussification.

I would actually go farther to say that in many instances alpha men are looked down upon as being too rude, alpha, etc

yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50) yngpress will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes this is true. I don't buy into the entire alpha/betaness Of the misc but the elimination of rights of passage in culture is bad for men. Living dangerously is at times required.

shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shreddster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BigCumShot View Post
    I agree 100% op

Men are not supposed to be alpha and play with trucks anymore. The gender roles are becoming less "traditional" and more neutral. The nanny state government and media pushing that it's ok to "be yourself" and that you were just "made that way" promotes more ****gytime pussification.

I would actually go farther to say that in many instances alpha men are looked down upon as being too rude, alpha, etc
    I think that's a great point.

Absolutely, because our society teaches us that we should be nice to everyone all of the time and it's completely ridiculous. I think the phrase "just be yourself" means many things to many different people. I used to take that as "Just be nice and don't worry about trying to be too confident or assertive" and now I understand it as "Look, I am going to act like a man and I damn well won't apologize for it." If anyone has a problem with that, sorry they feel that way.

ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's something you are born to be.

If you don't got the alpha genetics to be alpha then you aint gonna be alpha.

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like low test levels...
    Rustling NPCs' jimmies without even trying crew

"I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

Not going to be a Darkseeker crew.

RIP Duckenheimer
    RIP SemperFudge

crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crinal123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was actually reading a series of articles about this the other day.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/0...ood-come-from/

Essentially, manliness is proportional to resource scarcity. Gender roles/differences disappear when there's an abundance of resources as men no longer need to put their lives on the line to provide.

It's an interesting read.

VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not true, historically there has always been PTSD/Shell shock when men were put in dangerous situations. PTSD is so fuked up, it ruins you.

Originally Posted by crinal123 View Post
    I was actually reading a series of articles about this the other day.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/0...ood-come-from/

Essentially, manliness is proportional to resource scarcity. Gender roles/differences disappear when there's an abundance of resources as men no longer need to put their lives on the line to provide.

It's an interesting read.
    Thanks, brah! repped!

ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjakunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by shreddster View Post
    I used to take that as "Just be nice and don't worry about trying to be too confident or assertive" and now I understand it as "Look, I am going to act like a man and I damn well won't apologize for it." If anyone has a problem with that, sorry they feel that way.
    Hopefully misc is fast so this doesn't become a double post.

Sorry though bro. I don't understand how you could think that means either of the two meanings you gave it. "just be yourself" means you shouldn't TRY to be more alpha, or more nice, or more assertive, or more caring. It means you just do what comes naturally to you. THATS what alphas do. They don't need to hear other people say generic sayings/phrases and think "what does that mean I should try to do?"

Originally Posted by VeryMiscular View Post
    Not true, historically there has always been PTSD/Shell shock when men were put in dangerous situations. PTSD is so fuked up, it ruins you.
    Right, but I'm not talking about "dangerous" situations where life and limb are at stake. I'm talking about primarily the "trap of the comfort zone" if you will. Men have no reason to grow or actualize their full potential in the "traditional man" sense because life today just doesn't force them to.

PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100) PsychoGainz is not very well liked. (-100)
    yeah sure i agree op srs, we even learn this in school, but let's be real, i'm going to have fun to have fun watching funny videos every night on youtube, without the worry of food being put on the table etc, as opposed to a kid from the 3rd world who works 13 hours shifts trying to sell bread to passers by and then forced to look after his sick mother cause his father died.

VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000) VeryMiscular is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shreddster View Post
    Right, but I'm not talking about "dangerous" situations where life and limb are at stake. I'm talking about primarily the "trap of the comfort zone" if you will. Men have no reason to grow or actualize their full potential in the "traditional man" sense because life today just doesn't force them to.
    Imo it's the parents over protecting their children inhibiting their cognitive development/growth.

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17062768
    recent years have seen a substantial, and as yet unrecognized, age-independent population-level decrease in T in American men, potentially attributable to birth cohort differences or to health or environmental effects not captured in observed data.

Originally Posted by ninjakunt View Post
    Hopefully misc is fast so this doesn't become a double post.

Sorry though bro. I don't understand how you could think that means either of the two meanings you gave it. "just be yourself" means you shouldn't TRY to be more alpha, or more nice, or more assertive, or more caring. It means you just do what comes naturally to you. THATS what alphas do. They don't need to hear other people say generic sayings/phrases and think "what does that mean I should try to do?"
    I hear you, and I think what you're communicating is that alpha attributes come naturally. To that, I would agree to a certain extent. It's the classic nature v. nurture argument, but what I'm saying is that I believe it's possible to fundamentally recreate or mold one's own personality, given the right environmental leverage if that makes sense.

And I also think alpha has a slightly different connotation to different people, like you seem to be of the mind that the alpha mind doesn't need others to tell him how to think, but I don't buy that. Willful disregard of ideas or information is just ignorance, and ignorance is not becoming of an alpha in my opinion. That's not to say that the alpha needs to internalize everything he hears, but no one knows everything.

long story short, I don't believe you have to be born alpha to be alpha.

lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000) lebronjames1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree OP, I think this quote relates to the situation. What do you think ?

*Mathematics crew

Originally Posted by VeryMiscular View Post
    Imo it's the parents over protecting their children inhibiting their cognitive development/growth.
    This is exactly what I mean. The parents create an environment where the boys don't have to grow, and because of that, they mostly don't. People don't change until they HAVE to. That's just how it is.

Originally Posted by lebronjames1 View Post
    I agree OP, I think this quote relates to the situation. What do you think ?

Sums it up PERFECTLY. Repped.

any other thoughts misc?

BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeerCalories is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigCumShot View Post
    I agree 100% op

It's technology. Every truck "alpha" dude is a super beta compared to a hunter gatherer.
    I don't think the world will blow up because of the change.

Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tornach View Post
    Sounds like low test levels...
    /thread
    its all about the test levels
    straight edge
    Squat: 325lbs x 10 (22.09.2015)
    Deadlift: 330lbs x 2 x 1 (18.05.2015)
    Bench: 192 lbs x 10 (7.12.2015)
    Norwegian master race crew
    Nose chiseled by the Gods
    *Facial aesthetics in training*
    My 5 month transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167891961&p=1370963521#post1370963521

Originally Posted by Tyrantax View Post
    /thread
    its all about the test levels
    I don't buy it.

Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fully agreed. Since this is the misc, I'll use an appropriate example. If you lift progressively heavier weights and put your body through stress and difficulty on a constant basis, it will be stimulated to grow stronger and more resilient to adapt to these new conditions. If you don't lift at all, you will have a much weaker and less capable body. The same goes for your mind. You develop the mental toughness that you need to deal with the changes and challenges the world throws at you by putting yourself through hardship to reach a defined goal, doing things that you don't want to do but have to do to meet that goal. This includes going outside of your comfort zone constantly. When pursuing a worthy goal that challenges you, you will fail. You will feel hopeless at times, but you will learn to adapt through aggressiveness and discipline and push through to keep moving forward. When you finally make it through the struggle, you will have become a stronger person mentally. That's one thing that this generation lacks. A lot of people these days are able to just coast, and when life throws them punches, they don't know how to take them. The struggle is an integral part of life.
    *Texas Longhorn crew*
    *Deathsquad crew*
    *The Church of What's Happenin' crew*

Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health!!!

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    its because everything is so easy these days, there are "men" who will go their entire life without ever picking up a shovel or building a fire or busting their ass, because our society is all about being soft ass *******s who care more about sex changes and pop stars then it does about instilling good values and understanding the importance of hard ass work
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brent89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's exactly why OP. There is no challenge for males. Life is literally too easy. Even simple things like writing something down has been made easier by auto correct keyboards etc. The worst part is there is just no reason to try harder. I sit at my computer doing nothing and can make bull**** that people will pay for (designer). I never even have to move. Plus all the man stuff you want to do is frowned upon in the media. Hitting on chicks is discouraged and is almost rape now a days. The only way to truly be a man is by doing literally whatever you want as long as it doesn't break the law. **** anyone who is upset at you or thinks you should not do that etc. Tell them to eat a dick and deal with it.
    www.teamshmo.com -------- I know you wanna know what it's about

www.teamshmo.com/store --------- CHECK OUT MY FAWKING STORE! CAR BRAHS!!!

Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500) Ethanolbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't know OP. I've done manual labour and I've met guys there who were pretty beta. The only alpha men I've ever met were above 40 and they are from underdeveloped countries.

There is no place in modern society for those gender roles anymore.

Brb moving to Siberia.

BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigCumShot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think it has to do with natural selection also - the weird thing is, I believe that some humans/media (or whatever force) is pressuring humans to evolve unnaturally.

This is generally pushed by liberals as we should "accept" everyone, regardless of any circumstance that makes us feel uncomfortable (ie: not judge people based on religion, race, sex or anything else).

I believe humans can generally be taken (judged) on a case by case basis - but making judgements is a survival technique. Is it a necessary technique in 2015? I'm not sure

TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000) TehCrab is just really nice. (+1000)
    Absolutely true.
    Would rep if I wasn't on recharge.
    *Misc Horse Head crew*
    *Positivity crew*
    *We're all gonna make it brah crew*
    *Working Online crew*
    *Online Entrepreneur crew*
    *Make $1 mill before age 23 crew*

cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cashinout has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you blame it on the parents, but aren't these fathers/grandfathers the alphas that you are talking about?

why couldn't they raise alpha children? why couldn't they maintain an alpha society?

yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Life got too easy after WWII. I think a lot of people still consider the WWII generation to be the last real alpha generation. Those were kids born in the 20's and right in the middle of the Great Depression. It was all hands on deck just to try and survive back then. If you didn't put your man pants on early you didn't eat. Today, you make up some excuse and get on welfare and still have the newest iPhone. There is no reason for most people to try to accomplish anything. You can be lazy and have it given to you.

Also I think the "everybody is a winner" attitude that everybody has so little retard Bobby doesn't feel bad is destroying the future. Not everybody in life is a winner by default. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to succeed and that concept is taken from kids today.