Some guy who lifts thedavidkendall's Avatar
    thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

15 week transformation - What now?

I'm very happy with my transformation and wondering, if you were me, what direction would you go now?

Started out at 287lbs and I'm 238lbs on the right.

My goal is to be at or near 230lbs in the 6% bodyfat range. So, should I focus on putting on some weight, or cut to 6% and slowly gain weight from there?

I'm willing to spend the rest of the year, if that's what it takes, to reach my end goal. I think that's realistic.

Just looking for the opinion of others of what they would do if they were in my shoes?

Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nicklk1795 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thedavidkendall View Post
    I'm very happy with my transformation and wondering, if you were me, what direction would you go now?

Started out at 287lbs and I'm 238lbs on the right.

My goal is to be at or near 230lbs in the 6% bodyfat range. So, should I focus on putting on some weight, or cut to 6% and slowly gain weight from there?

I'm willing to spend the rest of the year, if that's what it takes, to reach my end goal. I think that's realistic.

Just looking for the opinion of others of what they would do if they were in my shoes?

I would keep cutting and just get shredded. You already look great man, nice work.
    September 1 - 225

thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nicklk1795 View Post
    I would keep cutting and just get shredded. You already look great man, nice work.
    Thank you, Nick. I was leaning that direction. I'm going to drop 2lbs/wk for the next 5 weeks and reassess then. I appreciate your input.

fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great job! Did u bulk before the cut? What kind of routine were/are you on?

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Superb job, I'd keep cutting

wigan171 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing transformation mate. well done. IMHO I would focus on heavy weights and less cardio as your muscles will burn the remaining fat, may be 1 hour cardio per week is enough. BTW How you could manage to add that mass of muscles and dropping down your fb? I am in the end of my transformation but ended up lean without mass and I have to build it up now, so would you advice me about your diet plan, training and cardio?

Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000) Galuhksea is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great job man. How long had you been lifting in the before photo? Was this all done on a deficit cutting diet? Any supps? PHs or anything?

SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100) SuitedGhoul is not very well liked. (-100)
    I agree, continue cutting. See how shredded you can be while maintaining your mass, when you focus on muscle gain your results will be insanely noticeable. Sick progress my friend.

Originally Posted by fotv View Post
    Great job! Did u bulk before the cut? What kind of routine were/are you on?
    I hadn't touched a weight in years in the first pic and first couple weeks in the gym were just getting used to lifting weights again with a lot of intense cardio. I went through Jim Stopponi's shortcut to shred program and now I'm doing Arnolds Blueprint to Cut program. Currently doing a lot of supersets on a periodization program. Cardio is currently 20 minutes of HIIT - 30 second "ALL OUT" blasts with 2 minute breaks in between.

Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    Superb job, I'd keep cutting
    I agree and am slowly cutting now. I should end this week around 235lbs and maybe go 2lbs/wk down to 223'ish lbs... Gonna have to wait and see how things progress. THank you.

Originally Posted by wigan171 View Post
    Amazing transformation mate. well done. IMHO I would focus on heavy weights and less cardio as your muscles will burn the remaining fat, may be 1 hour cardio per week is enough. BTW How you could manage to add that mass of muscles and dropping down your fb? I am in the end of my transformation but ended up lean without mass and I have to build it up now, so would you advice me about your diet plan, training and cardio?
    Muscle memory / Newbie gains really. It looks like I added a lot of muscle, but I really only added 10lbs at absolute most. I don't have a dependable BF measuring machine, so I really don't know exactly where I'm currently at or where I actually started but if strength is an indicator, I lost strength after the first 6 weeks of training. My diet plan focuses on Protein intake and total calories. I don't eat junk food, trans fats or refined sugars. Here's yesterdays diet:

As you can see, generally pretty healthy food but some might think too high in fat. Everything I've read states that dietary fats play a huge role in hormone production, so I try to eat saturated fats at night before bed. Broscience yes, but if fats are needed for hormone production and the majority of hormone production occurs during sleep, makes sense to me to go to bed with a lot of saturated fats in my system.

Originally Posted by Galuhksea View Post
    Great job man. How long had you been lifting in the before photo? Was this all done on a deficit cutting diet? Any supps? PHs or anything?
    Muscle memory played a large role, I'm sure, but how much I'm not sure. As stated above, I hadn't lifted in years. I think 2011 or 2012 was the last I had been actively lifting. Fell into a deep depression and snapped out of it, then the above occurred.

Mostly deficit. Lost .66lbs/day for about 100 days. I haven't had the money to buy supplements until recently but bb.com gave me 200 bucks credit week 9 which I bought a 10lb bag of ON Whey and some creatine which was much needed. I have nothing against PED's and I'd be lying if I said I was lifetime natural, but being natural, now, is important to me. I can maintain everything I do for a very long time and it enhances my life. Being joocey didn't enhance my life and wasn't long-term maintainable. Personal decision and I don't knock others either direction they choose. I dislike the guys that lie about their use, though and I'm not a hypocrite so telling the truth about having used years ago and knowing that its had some effect on me currently, seems important.

Originally Posted by SuitedGhoul View Post
    I agree, continue cutting. See how shredded you can be while maintaining your mass, when you focus on muscle gain your results will be insanely noticeable. Sick progress my friend.
    Thank you. I'm definitely continuing the cut. It's good to have reaffirmation as well.

acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm impressed with that much weight loss in short time.

alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alecto42c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good work, that's what happens when you cut out old town sunday fundays at R&R haha, keep dropping then slowly go back up, works best for me but find what works best for you.