Bouncing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What fat percentage was I at the photo?

Hello to all the people in the forum. I'm new here and this is my first post. I would like someone to tell me at what body fat percentage I was in the picture? At that time I was 79 kg. Thanks for any answers regarding my question
    Attached Images

chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ~30%

Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhandall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say somewhere in between 25 and 30.

freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    30% is spot-on! However it could be closer to 25% if you have very developed obliques and abs underneath due to some sort of sport.

smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't know how ya'll claim to be able to tell his body fat from just a photo not to mention we would need a lot more info like how long has he currently been working out and what his routine is like to make a more educated guess.

I mean i believe i have a bigger belly than this guy and my man boobs are probably bigger but i did a skin fold test this past monday and i was only 20% body fat.

freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skinfold tests don't work well for bodyfat estimation and it is indeed much better to guess (using a reference chart) from a proper picture. I am an engineer and into research and I took a closer look at all the skinfold equation and it turned out they really underestimate bodyfat levels.

The common euqations gave me ~12-13% bodyfat for my current state (profile pic). However I am at 16% right now! I actually found a skinfolg equation which works for me and gives me 16% as well. It is one suited for white sport climbers!

The guy in post #1 is around 30% for sure!
    My cutting log (Start: May 2015): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167409151

Weighted pull-ups: 3 reps with +40kg @75kg bw
    Deadlift: 2 reps with 150kg (331 lbs) @77kg bw

smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smita16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by freymart View Post
    Skinfold tests don't work well for bodyfat estimation and it is indeed much better to guess (using a reference chart) from a proper picture. I am an engineer and into research and I took a closer look at all the skinfold equation and it turned out they really underestimate bodyfat levels.

The common euqations gave me ~12-13% bodyfat for my current state (profile pic). However I am at 16% right now! I actually found a skinfolg equation which works for me and gives me 16% as well. It is one suited for white sport climbers!

The guy in post #1 is around 30% for sure!
    Idk what you are smoking boss man, but you are out of your mind. Even bodybuilding.com recommends the skin fold test. Specially if you have someone who knows what they are doing. My trainer does a 7 point fold test 3 times to get an accurate average. Doing it by sight alone is just asking for some jacked up numbers.

No i will admit if you have someone who does not know how to properly administer a skin fold test then yes it can give you some very off numbers.

And congrats on being an engineer as if that means something. lol These days engineering degrees are being given out like candy.

IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzVenomous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by smita16 View Post
    Idk what you are smoking boss man, but you are out of your mind. Even bodybuilding.com recommends the skin fold test. Specially if you have someone who knows what they are doing. My trainer does a 7 point fold test 3 times to get an accurate average. Doing it by sight alone is just asking for some jacked up numbers.

No i will admit if you have someone who does not know how to properly administer a skin fold test then yes it can give you some very off numbers.

And congrats on being an engineer as if that means something. lol These days engineering degrees are being given out like candy.
    Stfu you noob
    *Mcfreako for mod crew
    *Mustang crew
    *Gsxr crew
    *Pittsburgh Steelers/Penguins crew
    *Sid the kid crew

*I hate Roy Williams crew
    *Mack Brown is the goat crew

Originally Posted by IzVenomous View Post
    Stfu you noob
    I think this guy is an engineer too.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by smita16 View Post

Actually a picture is an excellent way to gauge bf

Doesn't matter how long you have been training or what you do of your fat your fat

I would estimate the OP around 30% and if you are bigger you are probably higher

People always underestimate how fat they really are and kid themselves

Guys I gathered all the original papers from most standard equations and went through all of them. Most were never supposed to work for athletes. There was a paper published in 1997 where a team investigated BMI and bodyfat for elite sport climbers. Those guys usually have crazy strong muscles relative to their muscle size and very low upper bodyfat levels. Almost all equations estimated bf 2 - 3% below the DEXA reference scan. Only a couple quations did fit well. Usually you have to use borzok's equation to calculate bf from the density over siris. However people always use siris because it gives you lower bf levels...

The equations also consider inner fat by making certain assumptions. However when it comes to bodybuilding the distribution of bodyfat/muscles is narrow compared to the broad population and it is very easy to gauge a bodyfat level by just looking at a picture. Biggest source for error is the degree of the muscle development.

Durnin&Wormersly skinfold equation for sport climbers with Borzok's bodydensity equation is the most accurate for white athletes with developed upper body muscles. Use all the others especially with Siri's equation and you will have a 10% bodyfat in no time... ofc on paper only!

Forget about the engineer reference as this was just to point out that I know to do proper research (ignoring all the diluted information and going back to the original puplications where all this "common gym knowledge comes from"). Of course this backfires when on puplic internet forums. A reference like this often helps some people to better gauge the quality of the information at hand while others just have to flame.

And no you don't get an engineer degree for free over here in germany, but yes it is much more easy since we adopted the american bachelor/master system a couple years ago.

This post wil probably just kill my rep :-)
    Last edited by freymart; 05-10-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    My cutting log (Start: May 2015): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167409151

Weighted pull-ups: 3 reps with +40kg @75kg bw
    Deadlift: 2 reps with 150kg (331 lbs) @77kg bw

pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100) pocketjokers is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd guess 25-30%