ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Changing up lifestyle (just for summer) Day 1 pics

I know I'm going to get some :O looks after people read this post but hear me out. I'm starting Insanity and stopping the weights for a bit. I feel like I have some decent size that if I do some hard cardio before summer I'll be comfortable taking my shirt off. Not only that but I am training Muay Thai and have been a good portion of my life but I now want to take it to the next level and compete, I talked to my instructor and we discussed possibly the end of this summer having a fight. Being only 5'11" and weighing 195 is a disadvantage for me for sure. So basically my new routine is follow the Insanity calendar and continue training at my gym. That may seem like cardio overload, so is there any way I can compensate and keep some lean mass while doing this? I plan on doing pull ups/dips/push up variations on the side as well but I want to use just my body weight to get fit.

Wish me luck!

P.S I do plan on trying a nice bulk after the summer is over so in the future I may need some advice on that.
    Attached Images

ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just finished my first day of Insanity then Muay Thai training. The first half hour we do drills, which can be stimulating for sure but not full cardio, the second half hour we do pad rounds or sparring which is very tiring, especially after doing insanity previously. My body is a little sore. Is this not a good idea? Any input greatly appreciated!

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looking, hard and lean

Originally Posted by BrickB View Post
    looking, hard and lean
    Thanks bud, almost there! (sort of hehe)

But day 2 of both insanity/muay thai kinda kicked my ass. We did sparring today and I wasn't really able to keep up as well as I normally do, that and only sleeping 4-5 hours last night didn't help. I've got some serious insomnia issues, kinda sucks because I know I need rest while doing these workouts but I just lay in bed staring at the ceiling. Weed doesn't help anymore. I don't want to take up the pill but I may have to just to work out a new sleep schedule.

Does anybody else have sleep issues?

danimal253 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ThaiMuay View Post
    Thanks bud, almost there! (sort of hehe)

But day 2 of both insanity/muay thai kinda kicked my ass. We did sparring today and I wasn't really able to keep up as well as I normally do, that and only sleeping 4-5 hours last night didn't help. I've got some serious insomnia issues, kinda sucks because I know I need rest while doing these workouts but I just lay in bed staring at the ceiling. Weed doesn't help anymore. I don't want to take up the pill but I may have to just to work out a new sleep schedule.

Does anybody else have sleep issues?
    Working 3rd shift (11pm-6am), i had sleep issues for the longest time. What finally helped me sleep is having a daily schedule and sticking to it. I wake up at 3:30pm, and then go to bed at exactly 8am every day. Sticking to a strict schedule helped. It sucked for the first few weeks, but waking up and going to bed at the same times regardless of how much sleep i actually got made it so eventually i started sleeping the whole time i was supposed to.

Originally Posted by danimal253 View Post
    Working 3rd shift (11pm-6am), i had sleep issues for the longest time. What finally helped me sleep is having a daily schedule and sticking to it. I wake up at 3:30pm, and then go to bed at exactly 8am every day. Sticking to a strict schedule helped. It sucked for the first few weeks, but waking up and going to bed at the same times regardless of how much sleep i actually got made it so eventually i started sleeping the whole time i was supposed to.
    Thanks man, I couldn't imagine working 3rd shift like that but people have to do it. I have a pretty screwed up schedule too being a bartender so sometimes it's hard to get my workouts in or calories in at that. I grabbed some Zquil and plan to use it only when I really need it. I used to rely on sleep meds and it sucked big time.

Anyways! Still sticking with this routine, I wasn't able to do Insanity yesterday because I opened the bar and had to stay until about 8pm but I did manage to get out early enough to go to my boxing class so I don't feel too guilty. Insanity time now!

craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would try just sticking to the kickboxing routine for a while. Seems that is enough as it is and it may be suffering currently because of the Insanity workouts. As far as not losing muscle mass while doing this, just make sure you keep your protein intake high (at least 1g per pound of bodyweight you want to be at -- in your case, about 200g/day.) The explosive movements and elevated heart rate from kickboxing should be all you need right now.