Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Trap Bar Dealifts

What do you think about trap bar deadlifts?

Any positives to these from your experience?

ETA: I shouldn't try to spell things this late....
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50) OnsightRepair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really see the point. You don't hit your back much, more of a leg/grip exercise. And the grip part isn't so great because the handle is typically smaller in diameter than the oly bar.

I only use this for shrugs, which requires me to pick it up obviously, but as far as it being a sub for the King, not a chance.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OnsightRepair View Post
    I don't really see the point. You don't hit your back much, more of a leg/grip exercise. And the grip part isn't so great because the handle is typically smaller in diameter than the oly bar.

I only use this for shrugs, which requires me to pick it up obviously, but as far as it being a sub for the King, not a chance.

Working the legs would be the point, I think you are right. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa0SI9C_Lm4

The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    have done some of these Robert and enjoyed them
    Trap bars probably vary in weight, the one I used was approx 70lb
    the one I used had handles but could be flipped upside down and then the pull would be the same ROM as standard deadlift
    With the handles facing upwards, it reduces the ROM by a few inches thus would have made it easier

I know Cooper suggested them to me as a nice way to change the typical deadlift BBB work on 5/3/1 and because it does ensure the work is done with the legs, it may have a positive benefit to your squatting

any lift that involves leg drive, is a good thing in my experience and the cues it gave me did carry forward in the way I then went about conventional deadlifting
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I run an anterior/posterior/leg split and do them on my leg day. My mobility sucks and they are easier on my back than conventional deads. After doing the hex deads I will do farmers walk.

Just another tool to keep things interesting.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by trickyB View Post
    I run an anterior/posterior/leg split and do them on my leg day. My mobility sucks and they are easier on my back than conventional deads. After doing the hex deads I will do farmers walk.

Just another tool to keep things interesting.
    That is the way I too treat using the trap bar. The lift itself is done with the same form, it is only the hand placement that changes.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    What do you think about trap bar deadlifts?

Any positives to these from your experience?

ETA: I shouldn't try to spell things this late....
    Not a replacement for the posterior chain work of conventionals but I would rotate them in if I had access to a trap bar. Legs, shoulders, traps, arms and upper back pretty much a fullbody workout. Can go much heavier than conventionals too.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably one of the best ways to deadlift for athletes in my opinion, as it allows you to be a bit more forgiving form-wise. Just balance it out with some RDLs.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

The true KING of lifts. Have at em
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the brief time I had a (free gift) membership at a commercial gym I used one for my deadlifts. I liked it a lot. I felt like I was more centered while lifting and could pull a few more pounds off the floor. The grip also feels more natural for me.

Plus I don't bark up my shins with the bar.

Thanks for your thoughts all. Very helpful.

Do you feel that the quads were more taxed than with regular deadlifts? I have read this is the case from a few users, but I figure it's a YMMV issue depending on the person.

anonymous
    ymmv , never understood the 'derp its a squat with the weight in your hands' stuff people post about them

get up to 600+ for reps and report back if your back (lower or upper) feels 'underworked' lol

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    ymmv , never understood the 'derp its a squat with the weight in your hands' stuff people post about them

get up to 600+ for reps and report back if your back (lower or upper) feels 'underworked' lol
    This. I came back from vacation a week ago and my gym purchased one. I used it for the first time Friday and woke up Saturday feeling like I was hit by a train. Everything from my eyeballs down is sore

Limited experience from me, Robert, but it is something I'll continue to use. Haven't figured out where to fit them in yet but might sub in my 5x10 deadlifts after the main sets with these.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard that when you don't have the straight bar in front of your hips, there is an increased chance of hyperextending your back on lockout. Dunno how true that is.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post

Lol'd hard. I've enjoyed some of your trap bar vids. I don't understand hang ups on the "best" way. I just want to get down the road to the next mile marker.

Thanks for you input halfway.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    This. I came back from vacation a week ago and my gym purchased one. I used it for the first time Friday and woke up Saturday feeling like I was hit by a train. Everything from my eyeballs down is sore

Limited experience from me, Robert, but it is something I'll continue to use. Haven't figured out where to fit them in yet but might sub in my 5x10 deadlifts after the main sets with these.

Thanks for your thoughts John. My youngest is rehabbing ankle and Achilles tendon issues. He is cleared to train (and had been) on bigger faster stronger program with his trainer. He works with his team trainer on PT few times a week. His squat is a mess right now due to mobility probs getting into the hole. He has started working single leg stuff, but you know there is a learning curve with lunges. He is doing good with step ups with the trainer out of the gate. and can still DL but most of his energy goes into power cleans 3x a week.

I've been contemplating buying a trap bar for the home gym for him to use to load up legs with something heavy 1x a week.

Plus I think I would like to give them a try now I've spent some time researching them a bit. Looks like an interesting movement, with great potential.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    I've heard that when you don't have the straight bar in front of your hips, there is an increased chance of hyperextending your back on lockout. Dunno how true that is.

I see what you mean D. I'm prone to overextend and I know the bar keeps me a bit more "honest"

RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a great variation to your deadlift style training. The leverage on this allows you to overload the back and legs due to hand placement. If you stay in a bent over position more so than keeping the chest high, you'll recruit more erectors and low back hence creating a stronger posterior chain.

Sidenote: I sometimes throw a 80-100lb resistance band on it to add additional resistance. It's a bitch but well worth it!
    Team 360CUT
    www.360Cut.com
    Http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/360cut.html

LIKE AND FOLLOW US
    ********: ********.com/360cut Twitter: @360cut Instagram: @360cut
    --
    PERSONAL TRAINER/COACH
    www.trainwithgmac.com
    ********: Gary GMac McClain Jr
    Instagram: trainwithgmac
    It's GO TIME!!! #CausinRuckus #SilentRage #TrainWithGmac

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never done a trap bar deadlift in my life. Maybe I am missing the boat? I am sure it will work things and probably well, just like many other things I have never done. I wont say they are good or bad.....but I can say you can develop quite a lot without ever doing them. BUT...that said, with certain injuries, they look like a great alternative exercise or something to throw in to change things up a bit.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by RUCKUS10 View Post
    It's a great variation to your deadlift style training. The leverage on this allows you to overload the back and legs due to hand placement. If you stay in a bent over position more so than keeping the chest high, you'll recruit more erectors and low back hence creating a stronger posterior chain.

Sidenote: I sometimes throw a 80-100lb resistance band on it to add additional resistance. It's a bitch but well worth it!

Thanks for your thoughts Ruckus.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Never done a trap bar deadlift in my life. Maybe I am missing the boat? I am sure it will work things and probably well, just like many other things I have never done. I wont say they are good or bad.....but I can say you can develop quite a lot without ever doing them. BUT...that said, with certain injuries, they look like a great alternative exercise or something to throw in to change things up a bit.
    Sure, I see what you mean, specificity + powerlifting.

RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for your thoughts Ruckus.
    No problem my man!
    Team 360CUT
    www.360Cut.com
    Http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/360cut.html

LIKE AND FOLLOW US
    ********: ********.com/360cut Twitter: @360cut Instagram: @360cut
    --
    PERSONAL TRAINER/COACH
    www.trainwithgmac.com
    ********: Gary GMac McClain Jr
    Instagram: trainwithgmac
    It's GO TIME!!! #CausinRuckus #SilentRage #TrainWithGmac

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I've been contemplating buying a trap bar for the home gym for him to use to load up legs with something heavy 1x a week.
    Best money you'll ever spend bruh-do it. If you lift at home, you can't afford NOT to have one. srs
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I really enjoy the trap bar deadlifts as it fits my body leverages very well. I rotate this exercise in with my squats and straight bar deads, but I would be just fine if the trap bar deadlift was my main exercise.

If my knees are hurting on a particular day and I just don't feel confident in squats, I'll just load up the trap bar and do that instead.

Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    Best money you'll ever spend bruh-do it. If you lift at home, you can't afford NOT to have one. srs

Getting pretty serious about pulling the trigger.

Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    I really enjoy the trap bar deadlifts as it fits my body leverages very well. I rotate this exercise in with my squats and straight bar deads, but I would be just fine if the trap bar deadlift was my main exercise.

If my knees are hurting on a particular day and I just don't feel confident in squats, I'll just load up the trap bar and do that instead.

Thanks for your input heat.

Found this link I had stashed away. Enjoyed this read:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/de...s-best-for-you

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will be adding them in once a month on a DL rotation I will be doing. To spare my lower back, I will only be doing normal deads once a month and will be adding in trap bar deads once a month.

My focus right now is really squats, and they seem like they will be a great addition.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I will be adding them in once a month on a DL rotation I will be doing. To spare my lower back, I will only be doing normal deads once a month and will be adding in trap bar deads once a month.

My focus right now is really squats, and they seem like they will be a great addition.
    I struggle with this. I really feel I don't tax my hams and glutes adequately with deadlifts as I smoke my back prior to getting there on the lower. It's really the same for squats. Always feel I am leaving something on the table.

I've been trying to make up on the GHR and hamstring curls for the backside but it's really not the same. BSS/RFESS is the solution for quads for me. I need to get fitter though. The BSS/RFESS, they just show how little conditioning I really have to my name.

I did not really have the intention of adding the trap deads to my program originally, but I'm beginning to think they could find a slot to call home.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've rotated trap bar DL's into my workouts for periods of a time and I feel that they 're an excellent option to have. I'd do them more often if I didn't have as many options for legs. My wife does these in place of regular squats as she as an issue with her back and these work great for her. I have a 3" platform to do them from that gives a better ROM as my bar only has the raised handles. I also do farmers walks with it. Some people use it for overhead pressing , but I've never tried that so I can't speak as to the effectiveness of that. Even though I don't use every week I wouldn't want to get rid of it. I modified mine so that it fits in a power rack and if i were buying a new one I think I would get one of the rackable bars. A great option to have in the gym IMO.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000) KENKONG is just really nice. (+1000)
    I found this to be a good read - https://www.t-nation.com/training/trap-bar-deadlift

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I've rotated trap bar DL's into my workouts for periods of a time and I feel that they 're an excellent option to have. I'd do them more often if I didn't have as many options for legs. My wife does these in place of regular squats as she as an issue with her back and these work great for her. I have a 3" platform to do them from that gives a better ROM as my bar only has the raised handles. I also do farmers walks with it. Some people use it for overhead pressing , but I've never tried that so I can't speak as to the effectiveness of that. Even though I don't use every week I wouldn't want to get rid of it. I modified mine so that it fits in a power rack and if i were buying a new one I think I would get one of the rackable bars. A great option to have in the gym IMO.

Yes the rackable option seems to be quite popular option with folks. Appreciate your thouhts on this and the pointers. It does seem very few regret the purchase of one of these.

Originally Posted by KENKONG View Post

Great write up thanks for link. The part about bands for top of rom and removing much of the deceleration work is very interesting. Can see my bands in use on this bar a lot after that. Many good pointers In that one.

Registered User Knucklesanguich's Avatar
    Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man,

I have a trap bar, actually the same one you are asking about in the equipment forum.

I absolutely love it, I dont think its really a replacement for deads/squats but its a good addition. For me, I dont have a rack (and no way to get one in my current situation) and I train in my home.

I use the thing quite a bit, probably 3 times a week and I absolutely love it. I had a lower back injury and I used this to lift while I was hurt and it worked great, Im back on the regular deads now but I still use this thing all the time and I feel it really hits a lot of areas the standard dead dosent.

As for hyperextending the back because there isnt a bar in front of you, I dont know about that, never happened to me. Lots of people say it dosent hit the lower back but I disagree. IT wont hit the low back as hard as a normal dead but I get a good effect from it.

Its also great for farmers walks. I never rack this thing...I dont have a rack but I love it and plan to keep it as a standard part of my workout.
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    ******Misc Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu crew******
    MISC BJJ, BOXING, MUAY THAI, RUNNING CREW WILL BE REPPED ON SIGHT

skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you use an over/under grip on the trap bar it helps a lot.