Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Knucklesanguich View Post
    Hey man,

I have a trap bar, actually the same one you are asking about in the equipment forum.

I absolutely love it, I dont think its really a replacement for deads/squats but its a good addition. For me, I dont have a rack (and no way to get one in my current situation) and I train in my home.

I use the thing quite a bit, probably 3 times a week and I absolutely love it. I had a lower back injury and I used this to lift while I was hurt and it worked great, Im back on the regular deads now but I still use this thing all the time and I feel it really hits a lot of areas the standard dead dosent.

As for hyperextending the back because there isnt a bar in front of you, I dont know about that, never happened to me. Lots of people say it dosent hit the lower back but I disagree. IT wont hit the low back as hard as a normal dead but I get a good effect from it.

Its also great for farmers walks. I never rack this thing...I dont have a rack but I love it and plan to keep it as a standard part of my workout.

Good info, thanks for posting your experiences.

Originally Posted by skinny2buff6 View Post
    If you use an over/under grip on the trap bar it helps a lot.

Food for thought, thanks for the tip.

Well I pulled the trigger on the CAP heavy duty trap bar this AM. Should be here in a few days. Looks like from the feedback I got from the equipment folks that a rackable hi/low grip is in the works from Rogue. Guess its in prototype mode now. Looks pretty juicy.

Might look at an upgrade to that when its available.

Bought this:http://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Weight.../dp/B004X167A4
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

anonymous
    That's the one I have, it weighs close to 90lbs and is very robust with a nice thick, well knurled surface

Much better than most cheap crap Chinese models and you'll never run out of room for plates like you would with a smaller poverty model

I'm TBDLing once every 2 weeks or so now for a single set which seems to work fine in terms of results vs CNS fatigue

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    That's the one I have, it weighs close to 90lbs and is very robust with a nice thick, well knurled surface

Much better than most cheap crap Chinese models and you'll never run out of room for plates like you would with a smaller poverty model

I'm TBDLing once every 2 weeks or so now for a single set which seems to work fine in terms of results vs CNS fatigue

It seems well liked bar by many. Funny CAP makes 3-4 models, and the heavy duty one is not that much more than the poverty versions.

Asked for some help in the equipment forum on trap bars. If anyone gets interested in one I got a pretty huge response, pics, etc. Very helpful people in that section.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167242691
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl