Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Finally 10k. Thx Misc SteadyWayfarer's Avatar
    SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Saw a Stoning On The Internet, And Oh Boy!

Definitely one of the most brutal things i've seen in my entire internet career.

And after watching, I couldn't help but believe that if Christians actually had to watch a live stoning in front of them, considering this is what God told parents to do to their disobedient children, they would actually reconsider their idea of God, or at the very least, stop preaching about how "loving" and "caring" their God is.

Same with the fact that their God was such a vengeful, warmonger in the old testament wiping out more than 2 million people. Once again, out of sight, and out of mind for Christians. I guess these deaths don't concern them because they weren't anyone they knew. 2 million is just another number.

It's when you analyze things like this, you realize that Christians are professional cherry pickers in general, blocking out all the horrible acts their God has done, while completely amplifying the scriptures about love or decent life advice.

Anyone know this feel?

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inb4 "lol stupid, god changed his mind about the rules"
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait... so you saw a stoning (I can probably guess who actually did it), and somehow twisted that into "Christians are bad?"

I'm no fan of phony self-righteous christians, but come on now.. you're reaching with this one.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Old Testament Hebrew stories and the New Testament Egyptian and Greek stories are very different. No idea why the Romans decided to pair them together.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Wait... so you saw a stoning (I can probably guess who actually did it), and somehow twisted that into "Christians are bad?"

I'm no fan of phony self-righteous christians, but come on now.. you're reaching with this one.
    How am i reaching when it's stated in your Bible? Just pointing out something Christians don't like to address which is ironic because you say i'm reaching.

WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    The Old Testament Hebrew stories and the New Testament Egyptian and Greek stories are very different. No idea why the Romans decided to pair them together.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. - Exodus 15:3

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SteadyWayfarer View Post
    How am i reaching when it's stated in your Bible? Just pointing out something Christians don't like to address which is ironic because you say i'm reaching.
    *My* bible??

Lol I don't have a bible and I don't believe in teh jesus.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Last time I checked, the LORD is still a vengeful God (Hebrews 10:30-31, Romans 12:19).

As for the laws regarding stoning, they were for that age alone. Israel needed a strict guide as lawlessness was abound.

The Mosaic Law also served a spiritual purpose; they were meant to show will happen to the wicked on the Great Day of Judgement.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WarrNation View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    The Gospels are simply the retelling of older Egyptian then Greek stories.

The Gospels are simply the retelling of older Egyptian then Greek stories.
    Ok.

Ok.
    Take a look at comparisons between Jesus, Horus and Osiris.

*My* bible??

Lol I don't have a bible and I don't believe in teh jesus.
    oh lol, well i don't know why you're defending them. Never said Christians were bad people, just that they cherry pick alot and need to read their book more objectively.

Take a look at comparisons between Jesus, Horus and Osiris.
    Could you just list them here?

Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Opie, this stoning you supposedly witnessed.

When did it happen?

Where did it happen?

Who threw the stones?

Who was the victim?
    * Trad Archery Crew

If you allow the Govt to break the law because of an emergency, they will always create an emergency to break the law

Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000) Brdprey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely one of the most brutal things i've seen in my entire internet career.

And after watching, I couldn't help but believe that if Christians actually had to watch a live stoning in front of them, considering this is what God told parents to do to their disobedient children, they would actually reconsider their idea of God, or at the very least, stop preaching about how "loving" and "caring" their God is.

Same with the fact that their God was such a vengeful, warmonger in the old testament wiping out more than 2 million people. Once again, out of sight, and out of mind for Christians. I guess these deaths don't concern them because they weren't anyone they knew. 2 million is just another number.

It's when you analyze things like this, you realize that Christians are professional cherry pickers in general, blocking out all the horrible acts their God has done, while completely amplifying the scriptures about love or decent life advice.

Anyone know this feel?
    wait wait.
    you saw a stoning and your comparing it to who?
    who did the stoning?
    when did the stoning take place?

now ask yourself when was the last time you heard of any religion killing people in the name of their religion?
    now ask yourself once you come up with that answer, how often is that taking place?
    now ask yourself how the comment you posted works with todays christians?

sure we have some nut jobs here and there that say they are christians and kill some people but the religion im
    pointing at has been doing this since the dawn of their existance and all you have is some words in a book, and a time
    period of the crusades to back yourself up with.

yet your words sound as if those christians of today are bad people. huh, not sure how you people link the two but you do.
    evolution tells people you prob should try to get along its much easier. but every time some jack hole in the wall religion does something
    people come to the rescue like some fking white knight with, what about the Mormons, the Christians , etc etc. no one is perfect but i would
    rather be friends with an atheist then a certain religion. i have no quarrels with any religion except one. and its not Christianity.

TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Last time I checked, the LORD is still a vengeful God (Hebrews 10:30-31, Romans 12:19).

As for the laws regarding stoning, they were for that age alone. Israel needed a strict guide as lawlessness was abound.

The Mosaic Law also served a spiritual purpose; they were meant to show will happen to the wicked on the Great Day of Judgement.

Damn, OP, it's like you're a wizard or something. Doesn't matter that people got massacred, it happened back then and apparently that's all there is to it.

Yeah, this is a conclusion I came to a while ago. If God is real then all the "he loves us, he's a kind, loving god" schtick is just BS. It's a projection of how people want him to be, not how he actually is. No God who loves everyone more than anything else, loves them more than a parent etc would order genocide or sanction/demand executions. Calling a god like that "loving" is about as meaningful as saying "God is lamp." Just a word that's said, the meaning to it doesn't matter.

BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post

When did it happen?

Where did it happen?

Who threw the stones?

Who was the victim?

If I know them, and think I do by now, it'll definitely be Bhuddists
    Per Mare Per Terram crew*
    No ********/twitter/oestrogen network crew*
    Rugby league crew*
    Matchmaker @ 72 virgins dating service crew*

Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sakeoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you are referring to the wrong god here OP.
    Het bier zal weer vloeien
    In ons Gelderland
    Op winst in de strijd
    Op vlees en jolijt
    Kom laat ons nu drinken
    Op ons Gelderland

Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BootneckBrah View Post
    If I know them, and think I do by now, it'll definitely be Bhuddists

I was thinking the Amish, but you could be right.
    * Trad Archery Crew

If you allow the Govt to break the law because of an emergency, they will always create an emergency to break the law

oh lol, well i don't know why you're defending them.
    Because you're trying to tie something to them that has jack shiit to do with them. Do you even logic?

Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post

When did it happen?

Where did it happen?

Who threw the stones?

Who was the victim?
    Originally Posted by Brdprey View Post
    wait wait.
    you saw a stoning and your comparing it to who?
    who did the stoning?
    when did the stoning take place?
    These. Answer please opie.

- Jayarbie

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh lol, well i don't know why you're defending them. Never said Christians were bad people, just that they cherry pick alot and need to read their book more objectively.
    They're the "advanced" ones who look past the bs for the most part when it conflicts with their conscience.

The last thing we need is more people who try to let bibles do their thinking for them.
    EX IGNORANTIA AD SAPIENTIAM
    EX LUCE AD TENERBRAS

TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that people are attempting to use this stoning as another way of insulting Islam when stoning is a part of Judaism and Christianity as well, but still, damn. Shooting one's self in the foot is still shooting yourself through the foot, even if the bullet passes through the floorboards and hits your target below.

Originally Posted by TheJimmyRustler View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that people are attempting to use this stoning as another way of insulting Islam when stoning is a part of Judaism and Christianity as well, but still, damn.
    Yeah, I saw three christians getting their brains caved in on my way to work this morning.. Happens all the time.

- Jayarbie

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Brdprey View Post
    yet your words sound as if those christians of today are bad people. huh, not sure how you people link the two but you do.
    No, he is simply stating that the Old Testament is barbaric.

Jesus tried hard to fix the OT and create a more loving creed, and succeeded for the most part, but Judaism and Islam remain very barbaric in many parts. They are basically the same religion, which is why their most rabid followers hate each other so much, they see in each other a reflection of the worst in themselves.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

Yeah, I saw three christians getting their brains caved in on my way to work this morning.. Happens all the time.
    That's it, just keep ignoring the point - why actually engage with what's being said when you can just make snide remarks!

That's it, just keep ignoring the point - why actually engage with what's being said when you can just make snide remarks!
    Jimmy status: Rustled.

- Jayarbie

Jimmy status: Rustled.
    My jimmies are unrustled, I'm just tickled at how people ITT are shooting themselves in the foot by not addressing the OP.

RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RIKTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone know this feel?
    IK who's the next person that needs to be stoned!

My jimmies are unrustled, I'm just tickled at how people ITT are shooting themselves in the foot by not addressing the OP.
    There is no point in the OP to address.

Someone getting stoned today has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happened a million years ago.

- Jayarbie

So anyway, my dog took a massive dump on my neighbor's lawn last weekend. And he got all pissed off at me and called me barbaric.. Said that was one of the worst dumps he'd ever seen in his entire home owner career.

So I told BFD... Dinosaurs left bigger piles than that all the time. Cherry picking bastard.

- Jayarbie