FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weighted push-ups...how often?

I have been doing push-ups for 2 months now since the gym is not available as for now. I've seen great muscle increases in my chest, back, shoulders, and arms. They have also worked my core. Since it is a compound exercise rather than isolation, it has been a rather slow progress.

I have been adding weights and until now I can carry 23-lbs. I do harder push-up variations rather than your regular push-ups, including decline, wide-stance, pancake, and a hard variation where you push one arm at a time, almost isolating each side of your chest.

This chest sessions leave me sore for about 1 day and other sleep time. I mean, I finish the exercise at 8:00 P.M. and I will feel sore the whole next day. That day I go to sleep and then wake up with no pain. It's about 42 hours of rest.

Is it ok to do this push-ups Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? The reps go as high as about 13 reps. My first set can go to 15, the others just about 12-13. These for about 13 sets (incorporating the different variations mentioned). My last session was on Sunday and I finished at 8:00 P.M. It's Tuesday at 8:00 P.M. and it has been exactly 48 hours since that session. I feel like I can do it. Is it ok? Or would it be over-training.

I am eating on a surplus of about 500 calories. Sorry for being so meticulous but I have very little time to achieve my goal and probably over-thinking it but don't want to mes up haha.

BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackEyes14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I sure as hell hope you are balancing all of those million pushups out with inverted rows and/or pull ups, otherwise goodnight sweet shoulders.

As for volume/frequency, calisthenics tend to be pretty ergonomic. Unless you have some sort of problem or pain, go as often as you feel like.

FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexBlonde17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BlackEyes14 View Post
    I sure as hell hope you are balancing all of those million pushups out with inverted rows and/or pull ups, otherwise goodnight sweet shoulders.

As for volume/frequency, calisthenics tend to be pretty ergonomic. Unless you have some sort of problem or pain, go as often as you feel like.
    What is it about inverted rows or pull-ups. Lol no I am not doing any of those. What will happen with my shoulders, they have also put a lot of size. In fact when I flex my most noticeable features are chest and shoulders.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many people focus excessively on pushing movements, which produces tight muscles in the pecs and front delts, pulling your shoulders down and forward. The rhomboids, traps and rear delts are underdeveloped as a result, and are easily injured. It also contributes to terrible posture.

bobbeck85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i never do weighted pushups its caused injury for me