kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I have reached what I once said was maximum weight... now what?

I fell ill this autumn, not being able to train as usual during 2,5 months.
    I could start lifting again in december, and it wasn't too long before I started setting new PR's and seeing results. I quickly gained 4 lbs as soon as I started lifting, and not counting those I have gained almost 10 lbs during this time. I have been training consistently 4 times a week as long as I've been well.

I'm really happy about the way I look right now. I've visibly grown over the lats, delts and glutes, my measurements have gone up, and most of my clothes still fit (some are getting a little too small over the ass, and upper back). But there's this limit I had set, once upon a time, not to gain any more than 65 kg (143 lbs), and that is a mental limit I have a bit of trouble with.

I've been bulking on 2550-2650 kcal a day (before I fell ill this was my maintenance, but I gained pretty fast on those numbers when I started training again - I'm either sloppier at tracking, or better at eyeballing my portions when I ate pedagogic lunch with the students, or a combo). I recently changed my job, meaning my activity level has gone down, and lowered my intake slightly. Current macros set to 227 g carbs, 184 g protein, 90 g fat. I usually eat less carbs, less protein (usually land on 140-150 g protein) and more fat.

I can't say I have a desire to cut. I like being able to perform in the gym and I like my look. I'm reluctant to keep bulking at this time, though.
    What would you advice me to do? I have a progress pic taken about a month ago in my gallery.
    Last edited by kgrrl; 04-14-2015 at 01:13 AM.

anonymous
    If I were you, I would keep on bulking - nice and slow, for another 6 months or so. Or, you could just eat at maintenance - which you may have to recalculate, since your work load has changed.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The way you speak, the only thing keeping you from continuing on is this arbitrary number you set long ago. Sounds like you need to revamp your goal and keep bulking until you hit some other hard limit.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely agree with the other ladies. Keep going! When you're ready to cut, you'll be glad you did.

newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newmenewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like everyone else said keep going with what makes you happy, ignore the number you set in the past. Do what feels right today not what felt right long ago.
    I've gone well over my old "max happy weight" but look and feel much better, stronger and weirdly smaller. Bmi and scale weight means nothing compared to strength, having a good time doing something you enjoy and how you look/feel.

CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I, too, had a rough number in mind at one time, but then my squat and DL went past 200lbs so...yee haw on with the Gain Train!

runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CRascoll View Post
    I, too, had a rough number in mind at one time, but then my squat and DL went past 200lbs so...yee haw on with the Gain Train!
    Omg deadlifting 200?! HOW haha I can't get past 130

kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kgrrl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by runliftandlove View Post
    Omg deadlifting 200?! HOW haha I can't get past 130
    Do you hip thrust? Hip thrusts has made me a lot stronger in my DL (do them sumo).

Thanks everyone. Will respond, but I am on my way to the gym now.

runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) runliftandlove is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kgrrl View Post
    Do you hip thrust? Hip thrusts has made me a lot stronger in my DL (do them sumo).
    No! I will definitely try that!

Ok, so I took two pics and decided to compare them to pics taken august 2013.
    There is a weight difference of 4 lbs on these pics. Good proof weight means nothing.
    Yeah, I'll keep bulking. I have room to grow.

Attached Images

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kgrrl View Post
    Ok, so I took two pics and decided to compare them to pics taken august 2013.
    There is a weight difference of 4 lbs on these pics. Good proof weight means nothing.
    Yeah, I'll keep bulking. I have room to grow.

You remind me a lot of myself. I went from 160 lb down to 130 lb with cardio...I remember when I hit about 145 I was still unhappy, lacking any kind of muscle definition because I barely lifted.
    When I got down to 130 lb, that's when I decided to bulk due to being skinny fat...now I'm 147ish and look thinner than I was at 130.
    I say keep going!!! That max arbitrary number in your head means nothing when it comes to building awesome muscle. We women are usually so set on "numbers" when we seek after our goal weights. We need to recognize that that's not a good approach if we want to be strong and lean.
    Honestly I never weigh myself anymore. Drives me nuts.

theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by cjobson View Post
    You remind me a lot of myself. I went from 160 lb down to 130 lb with cardio...I remember when I hit about 145 I was still unhappy, lacking any kind of muscle definition because I barely lifted.
    When I got down to 130 lb, that's when I decided to bulk due to being skinny fat...now I'm 147ish and look thinner than I was at 130.
    I say keep going!!! That max arbitrary number in your head means nothing when it comes to building awesome muscle. We women are usually so set on "numbers" when we seek after our goal weights. We need to recognize that that's not a good approach if we want to be strong and lean.
    Honestly I never weigh myself anymore. Drives me nuts.
    I SO agree with this. Stupid numbers. F the scale, do you look and feel better? Are you lifting heavy? keep going. When I first lost weight starting at 180, I got down to 135 and I swear I look way better at 155 with muscle rather than just being that nasty skinny fat.

ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not in the place to advise, but dang you look awesome! WTG!