Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

what are your hobbies besides lifting and other athletic events

I lift and compete in a few sports but looking to do some non fitness related hobbies too.

One that I'm going to get into again is chess and I actually just bought a new chess set. Anyone else got some ideas?

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I fish/ice-fish, coach my son in football, tailgate for NFL games, and my wife calls me Hank Hill with regards to how I take of my lawn.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ahh fishing that's a good one for spring / summer coming up.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hunt/fish and coach my son's baseball and soccer teams.
    OG

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sleeping.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    Anyone else got some ideas?
    Huh....it's been a while but this is a post I can finally contribute to.

In all my subjectivity I'd suggest taking up an instrument.

Guitar: a little hard on the fingers for a few months.
    But, it's portable for any family event participation, camping (or fishing) trips, etc.

Keyboard: more linear in approach and easier to acclimate to, not as tough on the fingers, less portable but as gratifying to learn.

Of course....it takes some genuine interest to maintain some discipline over time but I'd say learning play an instrument is something you will never regret.
    Plus, you'll be able to woo your better half OR (if single) the potential groupies.

Carry on....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 04-09-2015 at 08:26 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Keyboard: more linear in approach and easier to acclimate to, not as tough on the fingers, less portable but as gratifying to learn.
    Know any Billy Powell riffs on your keyboard, Wayne? He was the man IMO.
    Epic Beard Man crew

But, it's portable for any family event participation, camping (or fishing) trips, etc.

Of course....it takes some genuine interest to maintain some discipline over time but I'd say learning play an instrument is something you will never regret.
    Plus, you'll be able to woo your better half OR (if single) the potential groupies.

Carry on....
    I always wanted to learn to play guitar.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Sleeping.
    LOL...

You're mostly a crotchety old f**ker, but you have your moments.

Plus, you'll be able to woo your better half OR (if single) woo the potential groupies.

Carry on....
    There's Wayne!

Good to see you man, I thought you'd given up on us.

Sadly, despite guitar lessons, I could never manage more than pathetic renditions of "The House of the Rising Sun" and "Smoke on the Water". I'd play those until being told (begged) to stop.

Yes... very lame!

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Know any Billy Powell riffs on your keyboard, Wayne? He was the man IMO.
    Yes....he was and died far too young.

Ha...thanks for asking but NO...I'm just a basic keyboard player as the axe (and songwriting) is my instrument of any proficiency.
    I do know theory and can play keyboard backing/bedding tracks on my tunes (soundclick site below) but I'd be considered a mere hacker on the keys. (unlike John Garghani. )

We did some of their tunes in my live band days.

Carry on....
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    I always wanted to learn to play guitar.
    Well....I see an opportunity to consider it.
    Have I ever mentioned here that 'learning play an instrument is something you will never regret'.

Good luck on your new hobby of choice.

Back to it....
    Original music:

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    There's Wayne! Good to see you man, I thought you'd given up on us.
    Sadly, despite guitar lessons, I could never manage more than pathetic renditions of "The House of the Rising Sun" and "Smoke on the Water". I'd play those until being told (begged) to stop.
    Thanks CW....haven't given up here....I just chime in on posts when my ego tells me I can possibly contribute something worthy.

If you still have an axe (and mildly dependent on your genre of choice) there's a shvtload of good songs that are just as simple as the one's you wore everyone out on.
    I should chastise you for giving up....but, I won't....today.

Back to it....
    Original music:

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks CW....haven't given up here....I just chime in on posts when my ego tells me I can possibly contribute something worthy.

If you still have an axe (and mildly dependent on your genre of choice) there's a shvtload of good songs that are just as simple as the one's you wore everyone out on.
    I should chastise you for giving up....but, I won't....today.

Back to it....
    Cheers Wayne.

Technically, I didn't give up. I came home one day after school and my guitar was gone. My attempts to ascertain its whereabouts produced only shrugged shoulders and smirks from family members. My interest then switched to skateboarding and I never looked back.

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am a highand piper. Played at competition level and semi pro, taught, made reeds, restored antique bagpipes for many years. Taking a break at the moment though as lifting demands most of my free time. In winter I hibernate indoors but in summer we live mostly on my boat so boating activities are high on the list.

My kids have grown and left home and (mostly) fend for themselves so my spare time is my own.. Well if the missus approves :-)
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Technically, I didn't give up. I came home one day after school and my guitar was gone. My attempts to ascertain its whereabouts produced only shrugged shoulders and smirks from family members. My interest then switched to skateboarding and I never looked back.
    Ha....are you suggesting maybe (currently anonymous) family members were that weary of your hard work on both songs that the axe was liberated from you?
    Oh well....it was probably done out of pure talent envy.

I'm sad....back to topic.

(EDIT: whew...glad I escaped your 'old crotchety ****er' reference.)
    Original music:

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm finishing my doctorate, so that takes up a ton of my "extra" time right now. One year and I should be done, thank heavens.

I also play the piano, and am trying to make the transition to a keyboard. It's shockingly difficult to make the switch. I'll play something on my mom's piano and it sounds beautiful. I'll play something on my new keyboard and it sounds terrible.

When I am FINALLY done with school I plan to get back into fitness a bit more, though my plans my be tempered a bit by my son's blooming interest in every possible extra-curricular activity that comes along. Baseball is the time consuming one, though.

And, last but not least, I am a die-hard Bengals fan. It's a sad life I live, but it's mine. Fall and winter is devoted to football and plan my weekends, Mondays, and Thursdays around it.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Originally Posted by PiperBill View Post
    My kids have grown and left home and (mostly) fend for themselves so my spare time is my own.. Well if the missus approves :-)
    hehe, a very wise man! As the saying goes: "A happy wife, a happy life".

Ha....are you suggesting maybe (currently anonymous) family members were that weary of your hard work on both songs that the axe was liberated from you?
    Oh well....it was probably done out of pure talent envy.

I'm sad....back to topic.

(EDIT: whew...glad I escaped your 'old crotchety ****er' reference.)
    I like your theory on their motives, Wayne. We'll run with that.

As for my comment to OTL, he knows I love him.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dont have enough free time....Play with my kids (toddlers) fish, hunt, camping, are what I enjoy but much more of my time is spent just doing everyday boring chit like house/lawn/car maintenance, cooking, shopping, etc. I read a LOT of books in my free time too...

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Motorcycles and mountain bikes.

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post

And, last but not least, I am a die-hard Bengals fan.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I write and build military dioramas.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I have some Bengals undies and have toyed with the idea of getting a bikini.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000) shc99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Buy a motorcycle

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I have some Bengals undies and have toyed with the idea of getting a bikini.
    You mean this isn't you?
    Epic Beard Man crew

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I play a variety of stringed instruments, do a lot of woodworking which I started as a kid, and fishing whenever I get the chance. To those budding and elderly musicians out there I say it is never too late to pick up an instrument! It is amazing for the brain and you can never be bored if you can make your own music, even in sadness you can play the blues.

My more dangerous hobbies are shooting/hunting, motorcycles, and redheads. Come to think of it I like long haired redheads on the back of my motorcycle, have to combine the hobbies when possible.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmt029 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me I love photography, cycling, hiking (around nature and also through the city), travel, creating videos and messing around with the keyboard. I also occasionally like to write.

At the moment I think photography tops my list- it's a never ending learning experience. I think it's one of the best hobbies. Also helps with the cut since I lug my equipment all over the place on foot .

EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I keep a coral reef tank.

Originally Posted by shc99 View Post
    Buy a motorcycle
    Not good in my area, traffic is terrible and dangerous for motorcyle riders around here (Northern Virginia / DC area).

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I am not modeling ($50 per picture)...

Family, fishing, boating, tubing/sledding, coaching football, going to local breweries....
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    When I am not modeling ($50 per picture)...

Family, fishing, boating, tubing/sledding, coaching football, going to local breweries....
    LOL aware