Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HomerJThompson View Post
    OP stop crying on fist yourself. But seriously, calm down, and sit down with your boss and ask him to show it to you. If an intern fails, they fail.
    Is that even ok? Having him show me verbatim almost how to do something? I feel like he'll just say "wtf you googled chit for hours and came back with all wrong chit again"

^honestly at this point I'm getting a in one ear out the other sort of thing when they are explaining something to me conceptually. I have to read up on it at home to get some idea and then I forget about it. I'm literally stupid

NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by below123 View Post
    Its engineering work but I have never done it before. Drawing logic charts, state diagrams, and reading wiring diagrams. I'm a ME most of this stuff is Computer Engineering and I have no idea how to do it.
    I thought every engineering student is required to at least take a digital logic class.

son...

freshen up on youtube or something

Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Reminds me of my chem job. Worked with someone else in the lab. Couldn't do **** literally was worthless and hated it. Everyday I showed up sweating bc I knew I wasn't going to be helpful. No real training and what training and guidance they gave me sucked. Sounds like you want to learn but it sounds like you're not getting much help.
    *Sold my cock to Lumber Liquidators because its not like I am using it *
    *Walk into Moes, nobody says welcome to Moes*
    *Not worried about someone stealing my identity because nobody wants to be me crew*
    *Nearly overdosed on Zoloft*
    *Life is like an Abilify commercial*
    *Not a ****phile I am just looking for thin mints*
    *mod negged for no reason crew*

Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol @ people not going to trade school/just getting hired

Semi srs
    Bench: 45lbx4,500 reps
    Deadlift: 100x6,500 reps
    Squat: wtf is "squat"?

Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you got me there. I am a stupid fuk.
    I have one 5k loan. That's it. They are helping, but its super easy stuff they think I should know and come easy. I feel bad asking for a lot of help on it.
    I hardly understand anything they say, they speak in technical jargon that I haven't picked up and use terms from their engineering background which was different than mine. I'm ME its CompE and stuff they're in.
    Its engineering work but I have never done it before. Drawing logic charts, state diagrams, and reading wiring diagrams. I'm a ME most of this stuff is Computer Engineering and I have no idea how to do it.
    Dude, keep your head up. IMHO, as an electrical engineer, you have no reason to be holding your head down or feeling bad about yourself aside from your clear lack of confidence. You're an ME being asked to do EE work- that's not YOUR fault. That's whoever's dumbass choice it was to hire an ME to do EE work, lol. I don't understand that at all tbh. Makes no sense.

Anyways, you need to be confident and tell them you need help. You don't understand, you're an ME, you want to learn, but you need some help getting there. Don't be a little bitch and cower. Go to them calmy, but assertively. This just sounds stupid af to me, lol. I mean even as an entry-level engineer you should be getting guidance/mentoring, so no doubt as an intern in another field you should as well. Most engineers, IME, are more than willing to teach and help, so sounds like you might have just landed a crappy spot. It's important to be in an environment that fosters/encourages learning.
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000)

lmao why are you an ME and they're having you do state diagrams/logic charts? Wiring diagrams aren't too hard, but still not in the hands of an ME.

What kind of internship did you apply for OP?

below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NonSmoker View Post
    I thought every engineering student is required to at least take a digital logic class.

son...

freshen up on youtube or something

Any recommendations? I'll definitely take the weekend to learn if i need to

Originally Posted by Ownster8932 View Post
    Dude, keep your head up. IMHO, as an electrical engineer, you have no reason to be holding your head down or feeling bad about yourself aside from your clear lack of confidence. You're an ME being asked to do EE work- that's not YOUR fault. That's whoever's dumbass choice it was to hire an ME to do EE work, lol. I don't understand that at all tbh. Makes no sense.

Anyways, you need to be confident and tell them you need help. You don't understand, you're an ME, you want to learn, but you need some help getting there. Don't be a little bitch and cower. Go to them calmy, but assertively. This just sounds stupid af to me, lol. I mean even as an entry-level engineer you should be getting guidance/mentoring, so no doubt as an intern in another field you should as well. Most engineers, IME, are more than willing to teach and help, so sounds like you might have just landed a crappy spot. It's important to be in an environment that fosters/encourages learning.
    Thanks for the advice. Its not entirely bad just that I have no idea what the hell is happening and no idea of any of the terms/etc used. Even some co-workers were "shocked" at hearing I'd never done previous work like this and was an ME. So I should just go up and say I need help and know nothing? For instance, I get stuck on a portion and go ask to see if they can give insight on how to create a state or logic chart portion for it?

Originally Posted by mvpshaq32 View Post
    lmao why are you an ME and they're having you do state diagrams/logic charts? Wiring diagrams aren't too hard, but still not in the hands of an ME.

What kind of internship did you apply for OP?
    I applied for a Mechanical position. They extended me an offer for an "engineering internship" they called it at the time. I showed up, and they went ahead and day one said they needed help on this side of engineering and put me into this department. At least if I were in a mechanical role I could bs my strength of materials, material properties, fatigue, etc, I picked up. But this is all 100% brand new to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the people-they are cool and smart as fuk, its just I feel useless since I have zero background and feel like this upsets my managers and people think I do no work all day when I'm just trying to learn and figure this stuff out.
    Last edited by below123; 04-08-2015 at 09:15 PM.

dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    psshh, op, you women engineers make me laugh sometimes.

WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am involved with chit I've never seen before. Its completely different from my major. I have zero idea of what is going on at all. I was just thrown in and they haven't given me any formal training or anything.

I was given an assignment that is supposed to be very easy and trivial. Should only take a day according to my mentor and manager and a bunch of others. This is my second day on it and I barely have anything right. I've never done stuff like this before and it was my first time. Showed my boss for some review/pointers and he just shredded it apart, said everything was wrong, etc.

I ask for help or some explanations, I get it, and the people are nice, but they all think I'm a dumbass, and they are right. Sometimes they just do that task for me when I ask for help. I am just a bother. I'm just useless. Have no idea wtf I am doing, wtf is going on, etc. I literally just show up, sit at my desk, try to research how to do this stuff and then go home. I haven't done anything productive all week.

They would've seriously been better off hiring someone off the street vs me. I know my manager thinks I slack off and am stupid and if they don't fire me I might quit.
    OP, I graduated at 22 from UT Austin with a BS in Computer science and mathematics. It's one of the top CS schools in the US. Let me tell you, through 3 internships (Microsoft, Oracle, Palantir) over the course of 4 years in college, they will NOT fire an intern unless you're just a total dick to everyone you work with. Or if you're just impossible to work with. Companies generally do not fire interns, as they're only there for a limited amount of time and their pay is general much lower than a full time employee. The most that can happen to you, as long as you keep trying and keep trying to learn, is that they won't ask you to come back to intern again. It'll still be a good experience on your resume when you graduate. Don't stress too much on it, take it as a learning experience.

NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any recommendations? I'll definitely take the weekend to learn if i need to
    if it's leaning more on the comp eng side this guy's great: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...DkrEpr2_8qbOtw

Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeSwolee View Post
    OP, I graduated at 22 from UT Austin with a BS in Computer science and mathematics. It's one of the top CS schools in the US. Let me tell you, through 3 internships (Microsoft, Oracle, Palantir) over the course of 4 years in college, they will NOT fire an intern unless you're just a total dick to everyone you work with. Or if you're just impossible to work with. Companies generally do not fire interns, as they're only there for a limited amount of time and their pay is general much lower than a full time employee. The most that can happen to you, as long as you keep trying and keep trying to learn, is that they won't ask you to come back to intern again. It'll still be a good experience on your resume when you graduate. Don't stress too much on it, take it as a learning experience.
    got any tips on transferring to UT breh, (ChemE) have a 3.8 as of now in my freshman year and I'm applying to go my junior year nomsayin

WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBeSwolee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mwizzle View Post
    got any tips on transferring to UT breh, (ChemE) have a 3.8 as of now in my freshman year and I'm applying to go my junior year nomsayin
    UT CS has a bloating problem from accepting too many transfers back in Spring 2014 from what I heard on the ******** group for UTCS. People with 3.9 GPA from WITHIN UT itself has been denied entry as a result. If you transfer in a couple of years, I think things would be better for you.

TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TraderBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP:

Anything truly worth doing...

Is worth doing POORLY until you figure out how to be good at it.

Quit quitting. Stay positive, work hard, look for mentors to show you the way. Don't give in. We're all gonna make it, so stop and smell the ments.

pls tell me this is true. I really don't want to be fired. I was thinking if I didn't perform well, like I am now, they would fire me. I do plan on taking this as a learning experience as it stands right now.

Thanks.

pls tell me this is true. I really don't want to be fired. I was thinking if I didn't perform well, like I am now, they would fire me. I do plan on taking this as a learning experience as it stands right now.

Thanks.
    Yes it's true. Make an effort, learn as much as you can, show interest. You do that, and I would be really surprised you'd still be fired.

Message Board King DoWorkSon515's Avatar
    DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000) DoWorkSon515 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you post a pic of what exactly you're talking about? This thread is a bit discouraging otherwise, personally
    *got windows tinted to pick nose while driving crew*
    *waits in car until jacked guys leave the gym crew*
    *spends 2 hours on hair before getting a haircut crew*
    *scared to buy protein powder in person crew*
    *curls more than he benches crew*

Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    UT CS has a bloating problem from accepting too many transfers back in Spring 2014 from what I heard on the ******** group for UTCS. People with 3.9 GPA from WITHIN UT itself has been denied entry as a result. If you transfer in a couple of years, I think things would be better for you.
    das it mane, got you on r/c. My friends brother went to UT for CS and graduated last summer I believe? Started a start up called Noki or something, basically a typing without a keyboard...the type of chit you see in spy movies was pretty cool.

http://www.********.com/Airtyping?pnref=lhc

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are you tasked to do? Maybe we on the misc can help you out.

Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000) Strelok is just really nice. (+1000)
    What have you learned during your internship?

MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000) MrVeggie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is how i feel accounting is going to be once i graduate.

MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MidnightSun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like your work place is not endowed with particularly good leaders....

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome to the real world! This isn't the schoolyard. I cringe so hard on this forum where engineering majors think they will be successful first going out. guess what, you are up against everyone else with your degree but with tons of experience.

Stay positive and learn all you can. Focus On learning . Mistakes are lessons not failures. do this and you will make it. DON'T GIVE UP. FIGHT!!!!

I'm an auto tech. We have kids fresh out of school, some from uti. they thought they would go straight to tech, but they spend some time just trying to be oil changers. 90% you don't learn in school.

Registered User JewishSuperHero's Avatar
    JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JewishSuperHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude... it's an internship. That's kind of the point. You are going to struggle.

If you think you're struggling too much then the most important thing though is to communicate with your boss as much as possible. Don't be afraid to tell him how you're feeling about anything. Srs. He'll respect you more if you did.

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm literally stupid

lol

madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) madfire89 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm an Aussie 2nd year of 4 mech eng student. Is the internships related to ME generally Autocad design and/or Solidworks? Whats the pay like for an intern on a 3 month summer vac program?

Also, I need to apply now for my internships, but have no work experience in any part time jobs etc, but alot of volunteering experiences, and my gpa is 5.6 on a 7 scale. Any chance?

Ty

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This OP. Just stick through it and when it's all over forget the whole thing happened. Will still look good on your resume.

mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I applied for a Mechanical position. They extended me an offer for an "engineering internship" they called it at the time. I showed up, and they went ahead and day one said they needed help on this side of engineering and put me into this department. At least if I were in a mechanical role I could bs my strength of materials, material properties, fatigue, etc, I picked up. But this is all 100% brand new to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the people-they are cool and smart as fuk, its just I feel useless since I have zero background and feel like this upsets my managers and people think I do no work all day when I'm just trying to learn and figure this stuff out.
    Alright first of all, ignore the ****s in here who tell you to suck it up and do the work. They don't know about the different fields of engineering.
    State diagrams and logic charts(still a useful skill) is not ME material nor will you have to do this anytime in the future.

You don't have any leverage as an intern so you pretty much have only two options. Quit and find an internship where you'll actually do relevant **** and won't waste your time learning material from a different major. Or learn the material one way or another and hope they move you back to ME duties soon. I'd talk to my manager/mentor and just be honest this is dumb for both parties. They're wasting money on an intern to work on something he has no qualifications in and you're wasting time/effort learning something not related to your major whatsoever and isn't what you signed up for. But ask first what their future plans for you are.

GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000) GardHainer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm a firm believer that engineer is not a degree which will allow you to just step into any engineering work. It's basically a degree designed to prove how quickly you can learn and apply problem solving skills to things which loosly resemble what you could do in the real world. It's just proving you're smart enough to considering taking on that sort of work, not actually teaching you how to do it.

I'm an industrial refrigeration engineer and I only used about 10% of what I was taught in uni, that being said there is no way I could do this job without being put through that. I struggled at the start as well
    Things are always as good or as bad as you think they're going to be

Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude, I have my internship in june - and I keep fearing the same thing as you're in right now srs. Brb arrive at workplace, brb get an assigment, brb what the fuk is this chit.

Your boss sounds like a douche though

Originally Posted by MrVeggie View Post
    this is how i feel accounting is going to be once i graduate.
    lmao wizard
    Surviving negtrain victim - 2014 ~Never Forget
    Heats up the room to atleast 25 degrees everywhere he goes crew

2.5/10 flaccid to 9/10 erect penis crew

☆★★☆ Gita Hadizadeh - PERSONAL 10/10. One day she'll be mine, don't care what age etc etc ☆★★☆

DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrTynanol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am involved with chit I've never seen before. Its completely different from my major. I have zero idea of what is going on at all. I was just thrown in and they haven't given me any formal training or anything.

I was given an assignment that is supposed to be very easy and trivial. Should only take a day according to my mentor and manager and a bunch of others. This is my second day on it and I barely have anything right. I've never done stuff like this before and it was my first time. Showed my boss for some review/pointers and he just shredded it apart, said everything was wrong, etc.

I ask for help or some explanations, I get it, and the people are nice, but they all think I'm a dumbass, and they are right. Sometimes they just do that task for me when I ask for help. I am just a bother. I'm just useless. Have no idea wtf I am doing, wtf is going on, etc. I literally just show up, sit at my desk, try to research how to do this stuff and then go home. I haven't done anything productive all week.

They would've seriously been better off hiring someone off the street vs me. I know my manager thinks I slack off and am stupid and if they don't fire me I might quit.
    can you explain the assignment?

also stfu with that negative talk, its ur first job good luck dealing with the rest of ur career.

figure it out.

post it here im interested
    Mod Neg: 1 - Iceman
    Mod Neg: 2 - Botika
    Mod Neg: 3 - Iceman