Roaziel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My journey :). BF estimate?

Hi!

I'm new, and I joined as I've recently had my life changed. Here's the kicker though, I'm handicapped :P.

Ever since I was a teen I've been overweight. Because of my handicap I've always shied away from being in public and thereby haven't been very physically active. Early last year I had a health exam and as it turns out I was really quite healthy. But the doctor still suggested that I loose a bit of weight. At that time (around this time last year) I weighed about 93-94 kg (about 206 lbs) and the nice doctor suggested I loose about 5 kg. Well that summer I got very depressed due to unforeseen circumstances (it was a girl :P) and I ended up loosing about 4 or 5 kg (about 10 pounds) because I didn't eat. At that point I ended up deciding that it was a good a time as any to try and loose weight. SO I changed my diet and ate a lot less and healthier things and started to do cardio workouts at home.

But that wasn't enough and I decided to join a gym and rapidly lost a lot of weight, I'm down to about 70kg (about 154 lbs) now. Originally the gym thing wasn't just about losing weight but also about gaining muscle. Due to my handicap I'm quite weak and I lack a lot of upper body strength so my focus was in part to gain strength and even things out a bit. As it turns out my handicap makes it very difficult for me to gain muscle mass in my arms. Even though I try my best I've only noticed a very small difference. I'm definitely leaner, but I'm having difficulty gaining lean bulk.

Because of my handicap it's quite difficult to calculate how much I really weigh (if I had normal arms) and thereby its hard to calculate my muscle mass and BF percentage. I would appreciate if someone experienced could have a look at my pics and see if you can tell me what my BF % is. Worth noting is that the after-pics are from a while ago and I've lost about another 2kg (4½ pounds) since then.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AMAZING progress, keep it up bro! u did in 1 year what not-handicapped guys in my gym cant do in that same year
    Keeping it real since 1988

Log III :http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169145743

Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great job man. You def lost a lot of fat and look like you're in much better shape. Keep working hard and the results will show...very inspiring. As far as BF %, I'd say you were in the higher 20s before and after maybe 18-20.
    Arizona Wildcat 4 life... Bear The F Down/Miller Time
    SDSU Aztecs
    San Antonio Spurs-The best franchise in sports since '99

Aaron0327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Roaziel View Post
    Hi!

I'm new, and I joined as I've recently had my life changed. Here's the kicker though, I'm handicapped :P.

Ever since I was a teen I've been overweight. Because of my handicap I've always shied away from being in public and thereby haven't been very physically active. Early last year I had a health exam and as it turns out I was really quite healthy. But the doctor still suggested that I loose a bit of weight. At that time (around this time last year) I weighed about 93-94 kg (about 206 lbs) and the nice doctor suggested I loose about 5 kg. Well that summer I got very depressed due to unforeseen circumstances (it was a girl :P) and I ended up loosing about 4 or 5 kg (about 10 pounds) because I didn't eat. At that point I ended up deciding that it was a good a time as any to try and loose weight. SO I changed my diet and ate a lot less and healthier things and started to do cardio workouts at home.

But that wasn't enough and I decided to join a gym and rapidly lost a lot of weight, I'm down to about 70kg (about 154 lbs) now. Originally the gym thing wasn't just about losing weight but also about gaining muscle. Due to my handicap I'm quite weak and I lack a lot of upper body strength so my focus was in part to gain strength and even things out a bit. As it turns out my handicap makes it very difficult for me to gain muscle mass in my arms. Even though I try my best I've only noticed a very small difference. I'm definitely leaner, but I'm having difficulty gaining lean bulk.

Because of my handicap it's quite difficult to calculate how much I really weigh (if I had normal arms) and thereby its hard to calculate my muscle mass and BF percentage. I would appreciate if someone experienced could have a look at my pics and see if you can tell me what my BF % is. Worth noting is that the after-pics are from a while ago and I've lost about another 2kg (4½ pounds) since then.

Thanks!
    First off, great job on the progress. I would say your bodyfat is a bit under 20% in the after pictures. Keep up the good work man.

Registered User established1995's Avatar
    established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000) established1995 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great progress bro! That's an amazing time frame to have lost so much. Keep it up and I'm sure the lean mass will come. Looking good! (No homo)
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

ponyboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is awesome. Kudos to you my man.

Berzerk20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fantastic job. Its obvious that you've lost a lot of weight and look much better. Keep working hard and you will get the result you want.

Registered User motorsportsmike's Avatar
    motorsportsmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome work man! Nice progress for less than 6 months work! There is a guy that goes to my gym with a similar condition, and he is f****** ripped.

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy **** bro. Nice work.
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

Roaziel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by motorsportsmike View Post
    Awesome work man! Nice progress for less than 6 months work! There is a guy that goes to my gym with a similar condition, and he is f****** ripped.
    Really? How similar? Id really like to see that. There's an inherent imbalance in my body due to the nature of my handicapped, so I'd be real curious to see what it could look like if I manage to progress enough.

FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FaronLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great job!

Keep up the good work and keep us all posted!

Enforcer122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure on the BF percentage but just wanted to say keep it up man! You look great and definitely inspired a lot of people with this post.

Boxing/Wrestling Brah Rousinthehous's Avatar
    Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep it up brosky! looking a lot healthier. 8)
    4 Month Cut Progress - Start: 188lbs 30%BF --> Current 149lbs 14%BF. [Finished]
    3 Month Bulk Progress - Start: 149lbs%14BF --> Current 157lbs 15%BF. [Currently Eating]
    Bench 205x5
    Deadlift 300x3
    Squat 225x5
    Ricer crew, living my life 20 second quarter miles at a time
    "Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" - Muhammad Ali.

davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davie08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very inspiring!! I'm glad you chose to become healthier when you faced some adversity with that girl. You recognized that you were becoming unhealthy in dealing with the negative emotions applied to her, so good for you on seeing that in yourself!